May Status Update

Time for another update!

As is often the case the plethora of little loose ends is taking longer to close up than we expected. The good news, however, is we're at the point of diminishing returns and that means we're at Release Candidate stage (aka Final Candidate) and nearly finished with it. Which means we'll be moving onto Gold Master, which then means release comes next.

Crushing of the last sorta-significant bugs (the big ones were taken care of already) has come at a slight expense to getting the Demo build ready, but that should be coming along very soon. No, not tonight or this weekend as releasing anything during the weekend isn't good for a number of reasons.

Until we've approved the final Gold Master we won't announce a ship date. I know you guys will speculate on when that date will be, and you might accurately guess our planned date (which was set 3 weeks ago and we still think we'll hit), but until we say it's going to happen people need to take customer predictions with a pound of salt :)

Thanks for your patience... we're nearly there!

Steve

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not tonight or this weekend as releasing anything during the weekend isn't good for a number of reasons.

Mothers everywhere will appreciate this (even if they don't know it).

Thanks for the update and good luck down the home stretch!

TT

Bin Laden is dead? I hadn't heard.

:D

Edited title to say May instead of April. Silly me.

Nope, no bones. Energy focused on the Big Bone (i.e. the Demo). There can be no better bone than that. Except for the final release, of course ;)

Steve

You aint seen my bone or my final release ;)