May Status Update

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big thanks for the update.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR REFERENCE:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha - game is sorta playable, but extremely incomplete, unbalanced, and basically not ready to show anybody other than internal staff. Even screenshots are usually a bad idea.

Beta - game is firming up, features are basically all in or at least clearly identified for near-term inclusion. Bugs, balancing, prettying, redoing, etc. happens here and that's why this is generally a very long stage.

Final Candidate - this is ready for release in almost all ways, but not quite there yet. A few of these are necessary before it's ready to move onto the next stage.

Gold Master - it's good to go barring any sort of installer, licensing, or other non-game related issue. It's unusual to get it right the first time, so there's several of these.

In theory FC and GM only require a couple of days each, while Alpha and Beta are measured in years (for us anyway). Each FC or GM made requires usually a couple of days for testing without uncovering anything new. Obviously if something new is found then there's a new FC or GM released for testing, sometimes within minutes.GMs are tricker because it usually requires downloading the WHOLE THING. And at the size of CM:BN that itself takes many hours per tester.

And at the size of CM:BN that itself takes many hours per tester.

I've been wondering about this since Steve first posted it. Our download won't take that long, right? Not that it will be much of a problem, I guess, except the frustration of a broken connection after a couple of hours and have to start again.

Testers are in Brazil, New Zealand, Indonesia (I think), Maine... Its like they have a contest going to see who can find the most inconvenient web connection. ;)

I don't envy the guy in Indonesia. Company I work for has an office in Jakarta and getting them set up with VoIP had been a challenge. Staying there wasn't so fun either. Mirror checks under the car each night coming back to the hotel etc.

Nostradamus prophesied in Century 10, Quatrain 67: "combattre la mission au-delà de Normandie" shall rise from the battlefront on the day of the second full moon of Spring in the year of the "laden bin" collapsing.

Thus it must be a release date of May 17th.

June 6th.

Earlier than that would be nice, but it seems to be what the post implies. That gives another two weeks for testing before the gold has to go for production.

It';s also the anniversary of something, although I can't quite put my finger on what...

Steve said "which was set 3 weeks ago and we still think we'll hit" ... that's up to May 11th. Over and out.

That means that 3 weeks ago they set a target date, not that the target date was three weeks from then. They could have set December 15,2017, but they set it three weeks ago.

I have good news and bad news. I know the real release date. I won't tell you what it is but, from reading these posts, is seems to me that the pressure of wating for this game is too much for some. I suggest everone take a week off to get some work/life/gaming balance.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone remember this post:

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on the forum, so I thought I'd try to make it a good one. As everyone is already aware, as far as I know, at this moment, there has yet to be a definitive release date given. All I've seen is TBA 2011 or around "the end of April."

Well...

It probably doesn't mean much, but I found a website that lists the release date as April 26.

Now, I'm not sure how reliable it is, as I've seen countless instances where a release date has been officially announced and some websites still list the wrong date. Also, I've never even heard of the website before, LOL. However, regardless of it's reliablitiy, I thought it might be fun to throw my "guesstimate" into the ring of release date predictions. :)

Plus, I thought it might help out those who are looking for every bit of information they can find in efforts to learn of the official release date as fast as possible.

Here's the website: http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=16125

Boy, was Pwnado wrong with his April 26 prediction.

And...what is it? Not to be pedantic, but I didn't see good or bad news in your post.

Just wondering.

The good news is that I know the release date. The bad news is I won't tell you what it is.

By the way, it's 13 May 2011.

We'll just call him the Sack Boy (® Sony Entertainment).

"Boy"? To my eye, anyway, he looks, not like some fresh-faced 12th SS Nachwuchs, but like something of an alter Hase. =P

Energy focused on the Big Bone. There can be no better bone than that.

Steve

Somewhere in the woods of northeastern US of A...

*dig* *dig* *dig*

Oh my, what this?

*delicately brushes some dirt away*

Mein Gott! Er, sorry, My God! It's a Craniumsaurus Rex skull! It's perfectly preserved, almost like it has not been in the ground for millions of years. Could this be from the Jurassic, or the late...

*brush brush brush*

*sigh* Charles...

No wonder Battlefront has been heming and hawing around a release for CMBN...

PS: The Jägermeister made me do it...