Beta Gallery

The Sherman with .50 cal in front of the commanders hatch is actually the early type. The commander's rotating split hatch with mg mount. When the vision block Sherman TC cupola arrived the rotating split hatch with .50 cal was first moved over the loader, then the gun was moved - inconveniently - to the back of the turret on a pintle. I believe there's ten different types of Sherman in the game, actually more if you count all the Culin hedgecutter vehicles.

Those are final graphics :D We feel that true renderings of weapons and silhouettes makes the UI too colorful, for lack of a better word. UI should be functional and elegant, but not necessarily colorful because you don't want the eye to be distracted by it. Expect UI like this for all CM games into the future. CM:SF followed the same concept but was more modern looking to fit the setting.

Steve

screenshot3 is so atmospheric - this is exactly how i remember normandy when i was there a few years ago. very good work i'm looking forward to the release of cm:bn

Agreed ... when I saw that shot I just sat there and stared at it ... 5 mins later I woke up and wiped the drool from the corners of my mouth ....

The 3 shots depicting the death sequence of the German soldier was immpressive if a little macabre. There were 2 GI's in the background looking like they were casually leaning against a wall and viewing the whole scene with a dispassionate interest at best.

That bugged me too. Hopefully we'll get some chest-bumping animations in the modules.

For open top vehicles like this Marder will the number of rounds visible accurately reflect the remaining ammo?

Hopefully not, at least without a FOW element to it.

"Hmm... he's got 10 HE grenades but only one AP shot left. Interesting!"

If I remember correctly, BFC actually coded the game so that you could visibly count the rounds left in the Marder (or whatever) as it was being spent. But as the opponent would be able to do the same, they decided to put that part of the 3D modeling on hold - for the time being (untill it can be coded so it´s only visible to the friendly side).

Correct me if I´m wrong, BFC