Everyone Please Diminish Your Expectations

My expectations are that the cd itself will have a jagged edge that cuts my fingers when I try to take it out of the case, that the installation program will infect my pc with viruses not yet discovered, that the graphics will be bested by Pong and the gameplay will be eclipsed by an alpha version of EYSA.

I guess I'm aiming too high.

No waffles means no maple syrup bottles! How on earth are the Canuck infantry going to stop German armour. I have read in Ospreys, "Syrups and sauces of the ETO, Allied Armies" (the Germans are covered in 6 books) that the reason for Witmann's success was mainly due to the Sharpshooters lack of Golden Syrup tins. If they'd had have Tate and Lyles finest then the SS commander would have come to a sticky end. I bet the mosquitos that appear in the evening will have the wrong sound files and be modelled incorrectly, sigh, what a waste!

My expectations are that the cd itself will have a jagged edge that cuts my fingers when I try to take it out of the case, that the installation program will infect my pc with viruses not yet discovered, that the graphics will be bested by Pong and the gameplay will be eclipsed by an alpha version of EYSA.

Graphics? I'm expecting a text based game. On a floppy.

Thing is I loved CMSF and I have no interest in post WW2 warfare nor any interest at all in the supposed conflict represented.....yet the game had me by the jewels...so I know the game mechanics and system for CM BN and that gets me very excited indeed. If I was a CMx1 only player and didn't like CMSF then maybe I might need to curb my excitement...however this is not the case...

So I don't need to curb my enthusiasm I know whats coming and I know I will love it...

Also I WILL NOT be even coming to this forum after buying it thats for sure...I'm just going to enjoy the game, keep upto date with patches and download any files I want...many a time I've really got into a game only to find people going on about this and that and in the end it can start to ruin my experience as I know this is wrong or that is wrong, sometimes ignorance is bliss...it's one reason why I'm glad I bought CMSF about a year and a half ago....all the hoohah had died down and I had a great gaming experience....this time will be different because CMSF ironed out all the teething problems with the engine, it's been, in it's way, a massive beta for the CM BN core engine which is a good thing.

As far as I know it will be available in three media options:

1. Punch Card

2. TRS80 type cassette tape

3. 8” single sided Floppy disk.

and support CGA graphics.

BTS / BFC does appreciate that for some this may require a hardware upgrade.

Too high for certain. I have good information that for the initial release they are also including a starved, angry badger in each box.

Are the Canadians serving Maple Leaves with these missing waffles?

No, but Maple Leafs "fans*" do throw waffles at their team.

* Fan: (noun) Someone who, despite all evidence to the contrary, believes their hockey team to be the best in the League and continues to provide MLSE a 21% return on their money to see crappy "hockey".

I figure, If I can play CMSF and have fun, then CMBN will be awesome. I don't care for CMSF setting and have always been more interested in WWII. That being said, I will still complain about things that I think need work. I will do so in a respectful way and as always my opinions can be discarded if BFC chooses. Afterall had everybody cheered wildly for CMSF 1.0 then we wouldn't have the game that it is today.

*Alert* *Alert*

Peng Warning... I say again Peng Warning. This is treading awfully close, Holi craps isn't one of those per forum enough already!!, and a Canuck theme one at that ;).

I just like to say It's great BF is back in ole WWII again where it belongs.