And then there were 5...

Folks!

As I am sure you can tell, Battlefront has been taking the hard earned money you folks have shelled out for our games today and putting it to work making even better games tomorrow. On January 1st, 2002 we furthered this cause by hiring our 5th full time staff member. Who is the new sucker... er... valued member of our staff? Most of you know him as "Moon", but we know him as Martin Turewicz.

Martin has been unofficially working with us for about 2 years now. During this time he helped us in no small way get CMBO out the door and later to make it the success that it is now. Eventually it became clear to Martin that working for us was more fun and rewarding than any other job he could find :D So after rejecting our initial minimum wage offer (kidding!), he accepted our offer to become the new President of Battlefront.com. Now that you all know this, feel free to blame him for anything that goes wrong instead of me because I demoted myself to Vice President and therefore am not responsible for stuff that goes wrong. However, as co-designer I am still very much responsible for stuff that goes right smile.gif

Seriously, we found that the business side of things was consuming more and more of Charles and, in particular, my time. Even more importantly, as good as Charles and I are in terms of running a successful company, our time is far better utilized making games than figuring out advertising strategies and the like. I'm sure you would all rather a better game than a better string of banner ads ;) And that is why we have been coaxing, cajoling, and bribing Martin to come aboard for 2 years!

So let's hear a nice round of applause for the latest whipping boy! Hip-hip...

:D

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe Steve and Charles.....so many titles sooo little time! Speaking of which, no more excuses get to coding little man!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

(please note the above with the huge amount of sarcasm that it was meant to have and that I do not want to upset the only source for my very large CM addiction!)

Ehm... do I have to say something now?

Thanks for the encouraging words (more or less) smile.gif In reality it was all different. It's all blurry now, but the vague memory involves huge amounts of alcohol, some strange rituals and a big bold-headed individual with a hammer. Next thing I knew there I was lying on the floor and had this burnmark on my butt. It says something like "property of the Evil Circle".

Now, Steve, I meant to talk to you - why exactly again did I have to sign this paper with blood?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Folks!

I demoted myself to Vice President...

Steve<hr></blockquote>

I hope you are in a secure location... :D

Seriously, it's good to know that you're delegating out stuff so that you can concentrate on game design, which is something that we know you're good at.

It's also nice to know that you'll be either hard at work on CMBx or on the forum answering questions, rather than spending your time watching buggy PowerPoint presentations made by marketing types, inspecting damp Irish warehouses, or trying to find the best kind of shrink wrap to pack the manual and CD in. As for Moon...well, you must have made him a fairly attractive offer.

smile.gif

Congrats Moon. And I remember when you were just an Alpha testing AAR writer....and now look at you......You've made me so proud.....

The ther big upside to all this is that BigTimeSoftware has found itself to be strong enough to support multiple salaries and we should expect to see things from them for years to come.

Keep up he good work fatcats!!