2022 Mid Year Update

Im waiting on another Modern Version of CM to come out. SF2 & Black Sea I could play all day. Doesn't even have to be historically accurate. Or maybe Iraq or Afghanistan. As much as I appreciate history, I prefer more modern combat. Only thing I would change or do differently, is the ability to drop-off/pick up a squad via UH-60. But nonetheless I appreciate what's been done so far. 

On 12/26/2022 at 9:02 PM, DougPhresh said:

My only feedback would be that I'm personally a bit put off with the bias towards Axis scenarios, in what feels like all titles, and would like to see more Allied and Soviet long campaigns. I realize that's a personal feeling and a lot of people are here for the Panzers and "against all odds" thing, but I would have appreciated to see more of Soviet forces and doctrine at the close of the war, and a Canadian campaign for Fortress Italy. 

I would gladly pay for a battle pack across all WW2 titles that gave care and attention to the Allies and Soviets in a Huge and very long campaign. I realize that researching the Soviets in particular can be more difficult, but there are mountains of information on the Free French, Canadians and Poles in Italy, and I feel like they deserve a capstone campaign each. 

Fire and Rubble has a massive Soviet campaign but hey, I'll take more Soviet campaigns any day.

16 hours ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

Only thing I would change or do differently, is the ability to drop-off/pick up a squad via UH-60. But nonetheless I appreciate what's been done so far. 

I think this currently can be simulated by the arrival of reinforcements in a location.  What people are generally asking for is the addition of eye candy graphics showing a helicopter or aircraft flying over the CM2 map.  

On 12/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, Artkin said:

It's also written as "14 new Master Maps". I can live with the der ring variations, but 1 of those master maps are not new (Cutout), and another one of them is pretty much the same map except shifted West 700m. So really it's 12.2 new master maps.

I have changed the web page to say "13 new Master Maps" so that no one else feels they have been ripped off/cheated.

On 12/31/2022 at 3:46 AM, BFCElvis said:

So close to "very very" that it wouldn't be a bone. 

@BFCElvis Happy new to you, (Elvis, the guy that is always the first that we are "hitting" when something is "wrong on the forum", but also is an happy guy that everybodys love, because He is the "key" to ours "many problems".

I would like also that You tell us this 👆about BFC news as bone...😉

Cheers

4 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

@BFCElvis Happy new to you, (Elvis, the guy that is always the first that we are "hitting" when something is "wrong on the forum", but also is an happy guy that everybodys love, because He is the "key" to ours "many problems".

I would like also that You tell us this 👆about BFC news as bone...😉

Cheers

This is either the ramblings of a mad man or a coded message worthy of James Bond. 

28 minutes ago, Simcoe said:

This is either the ramblings of a mad man or a coded message worthy of James Bond. 

Then let flow the mad man,  some members of the forum, will understand, that is just a hope to recieve something new from BFC, like anonced months ago, and explaing softly, and grateful to have a man like Elvis, divaguation and 007...? is probably your domain, your imagination to understand something is probably herself coded.

Cheers

Edited by JM Stuff

What is everyone most looking forward to in 2023?

I know it's a pipe dream but I'm really hoping the new Black Sea module comes out this year. If only to have the massive maps and battalion level operations of Cold War. The VDV would be really interesting to play in a more fluid meeting engagement. Not as excited for the Marines since they don't seem to be as different compared to the US Army.

games coming to Steam doesn't interest me that much.

A new Final Blitzkrieg module would be pretty fun. I would like a scenario where the US has to race across Germany from town to town while the Germans gather a scratch force to defend. And what if the Soviets got involved...

Finally, I don't expect it to happen but if a new Cold War module comes out this year I'll scream like a school girl. British and Bundeswehr forces would be sufficient for me. I don't see the East Germans being very different from the Soviets.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

4 hours ago, Simcoe said:

What is everyone most looking forward to in 2023?

I know it's a pipe dream but I'm really hoping the new Black Sea module comes out this year. If only to have the massive maps and battalion level operations of Cold War. The VDV would be really interesting to play in a more fluid meeting engagement. Not as excited for the Marines since they don't seem to be as different compared to the US Army.

games coming to Steam doesn't interest me that much.

A new Final Blitzkrieg module would be pretty fun. I would like a scenario where the US has to race across Germany from town to town while the Germans gather a scratch force to defend. And what if the Soviets got involved...

Finally, I don't expect it to happen but if a new Cold War module comes out this year I'll scream like a school girl. British and Bundeswehr forces would be sufficient for me. I don't see the East Germans being very different from the Soviets.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

The next CMFB module. Pershing tanks!