T-90A Front Armour bug

The T-90A front armour seems to have a bug. Any weapon can penetrate the glacis on the front of the tank, with the modifier "Hit:Opening" appearing. The lower front hull does not appear to be effected. It's the Steam version, if that makes any difference.

Video evidence below. You can see the front hull of the T-90A being penetrated through the front armour and the kontakt-5 with the BMP-2's cannon, the KPVT on the BRDM-2, and the 73mm grom off the BRM-1k. Pretty sure this should not happen, especially since it pops up "Hit:Opening" when it occurs.

Yeah, I can confirm that the T-90AM has the same problem (on the Steam version anyway), and that even small arms can penetrate the front of these tanks. Hopefully this can be fixed somewhat quickly, because a tank that lacks front hull armour isn't super useful.

6 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

Yeah, I can confirm that the T-90AM has the same problem (on the Steam version anyway), and that even small arms can penetrate the front of these tanks. Hopefully this can be fixed somewhat quickly, because a tank that lacks front hull armour isn't super useful.

@BFCElvisfor visibility

@c3K, do you have any idea when this will be fixed? It is a game breaking bug for CMBS as far as I am concerned. The only Russian tank that actually can spot anything has a super fragile front hull armor. they don't have to wait for the whole patch release, you know, to fix this.

19 hours ago, Larsen said:

@c3K, do you have any idea when this will be fixed? It is a game breaking bug for CMBS as far as I am concerned. The only Russian tank that actually can spot anything has a super fragile front hull armor. they don't have to wait for the whole patch release, you know, to fix this.

LOL...no idea. All I can verify is that it is reported.  ;)

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, purpheart23 said:

Probably why a lot of people feel they're just getting ran over in tank duels outside of spotting issues, Pretty egregious it's been that long though for such a large bug.

It is frustrating. Battlefront is a small company but it seems to have the agility of a developer 100x its size. It can be pretty slow to respond.

v02.16.00
ART AND MODELS
• Corrections to BTR-70 and -70K vehicle dimensions: it is now smaller.
USER INTERFACE
• MT-12 and SPG-9 teams now use a more appropriate floating icon.
• MT-LBM and MT-LBU 1V14 vehicles now use a more appropriate floating icon.
• BRDM-2 vehicles now use a more appropriate floating icon.
BUG FIXES
• FIXED: Under certain circumstances, the ability to choose between different vehicle types in the
editor could cease to function.
• FIXED: Correct desktop tray icon was not appearing.
• FIXED: An issue that could cause save game corruption from playing in TCP/IP Turn-Based mode.

v02.15.00
AI
• Soldiers are more likely to hold their ground and shelter in place when suppressed in defensible
terrain (building, hedgerow, etc), rather than engage in evasive behavior

ART AND MODELS
• Corrected visual glitches for BRDM-2
BUG FIXES
• FIXED: Soldiers on upper building floors would inappropriately react to suppression from enemy fire
• FIXED: Infantry under fire seek cover in the direction of the fire (further adjustments from last patch)
• FIXED: Stugna-P had incorrect name ("Skif" is the name of the export model)

v02.12.00
BUG FIXES
• Fixed bug where Quick Battle play by email battles crash when Human unit purchasing is used
• Fixed bug where infantry under fire seek cover in the direction of the fire

v02.11.00
BUG FIXES
• FIXED: Units are suppressed by small arms fire outside of range and directed 180 degrees away
from them
• FIXED: Poor accuracy of SPG-9 and enormous PG-9 HEAT ammo dispersion
• FIXED: SPG-9 deployment/pack time too big
• FIXED: SPG-9 OG-9 HE ammo has incorrect (reduced) firing range
• FIXED: Unit Exit Bug in PBEM mode
• FIXED: Major changes to the TacAI to better handle the use of cover when under heavy fire
• FIXED: Units placement on the bridge bug
• FIXED Soldier pathing badly off course
• FIXED: Fixes from various different game releases consolidated and combined to be the same for
all games
• FIXED: Various crashes and other small bugs fixed

v02.10.00
BUG FIXES
• FIXED: US antitank teams always fire AT4 before using Javelin

Edited by Bufo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 5:51 PM, SgtHatred said:

Ha, I saw the patch notes being the last response and thought, "new patch, they fixed it!", but now I see the context. Silly of me to expect such a serious but simple issue could be resolved in 8 months...

Fixed and you will see it very soon. For both Black Sea and CMSF2.

• 1 month later...

I made two test maps, putting like eight .50 cal HMG teams in front of a single immobilized T-90.

CMSF2 version 2.04 (without latest patch): T-90SA, I see no unrealistic behavior. External systems broken. Crew stays alive. Tank cannot degrade any further. .50cal ammo ran out.

CMBS version 2.16 (without latest patch): T-90A, Broken as described, "Hit: opening". Tank blows up after around 15 seconds of .50 cal fire.

Just to say: CMSF2 did not have that T-90 armor bug.