2022 Mid Year Update

On 1/10/2023 at 11:12 AM, BarendJanNL said:

Less realistic options:

- Israelis in one of the modern games. Would love to see some Merkavas, Namers and Eitans in Combat Mission

Since I greatly enjoy Cold War right now, I cannot help but think how great a depiction of the Arab-Israeli conflict would be. Of course, I would love to see a Merkava. But what about the Sho't? What about that weird WW2 Soviet equipment the Arab forces were attacking with around ~1970s?

I think it would be as interesting as the Cold War, maybe even more since those Arab-Israeli conflicts actually happened and there is less speculation about how the respective TO&Es worked out in actual combat.

Man, the more I think about it! What a perfect CM title it would be!

Every single tank in those conflicts is unique:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_of_the_Israel_Defense_Forces#1967_Six-Day_War

I've expressed my desire for an Arab-Israeli CM game. I have longing memories as a kid playing with my friends one of Avalon Hills bookcase series boardgame The Arab-Israeli Wars (Tank Batles in the Mideast, 1956-73). God I absolutely loved that boardgame. Who doesn't love the eclectic mix of WW2 era equipment such as Shermans and T-34s mixed with more modern cold war tanks like the M-48, Centurion, M-60, T-62. Not to mention the quirky vehicles from France and the first use of ATGM's with the suitcase AT-3 Sagger. I think this would be a huge success for Battlefront. I would have thought that there is plenty of reliable source material to develop such a title based on that era.

44 minutes ago, CarlXII said:

I seem to recall that BFC have stated several times in the past that they will never do an Arab - Israeli war CM game...

Not sure about this but I can be wrong >

I read with satisfaction that this period is desired by several members of the forum, I wish to read more about it, and I am happy that I am not the only one.

Swaping weapons is already possible by certains members of the forum, I salute them for theirs knowledges, only swaping with the correct size and calibers vehicles is more complicated, but with the CMCW we can already created something correct and already existing.

I know it's easy to say but I maintain my opinion that "we have already ready almost all" the necessary elements to create this period ourselves with the existing vehicles of other CM modules.

If you have some knowledges or not, all will be welcome, we demontrated also that with some little ideas we can created some candy eyes, and change a little the aspet of the game, sadly that this candy eyes stay for the time only candy, and not be able to move, we have enough peoples and enough knowledges to starting something, also critics are welcome, because finished produce is alway based on "reworked critics",but of course a real module of this period would  sweep all misanderstanding.

Personally I am ready to give myself body and soul in this huge project, I "simply need" moral and informatives support to get started, and if other members would be interested, we could eventual create a little team of enthusiasts, but is not really a necessity,... or wait wisely for BFC itself to make the decision, perhaps is already something "in the tube", that we dont know for now.

I remember that some words were saying from Steve himself who he was saying something about this period a few years ago, but like I said I can be wrong about the contain I will jump in the archives to find it...

Cheers

JM stuff...

I'm affraid that i have no skills whats so ever when it comes to modding or computer tech stuff...What i possibly could do if you guys gets an Arab-Israeli mod going is to design some scenario for it.

Hopefully BFC will beat you to it though and release a BFC product covering this but as i said previously i belive that they have decided not to do any game on this topic. I'm not 100 percent sure about this but thats what i recall to have been stated by these guys.

Hopefully i'm wrong...I would indeed buy an Arab - Israeli war module...Perhaps not my number one topic but close enough 😎

6 hours ago, CarlXII said:

JM stuff...

I'm affraid that i have no skills whats so ever when it comes to modding or computer tech stuff...What i possibly could do if you guys gets an Arab-Israeli mod going is to design some scenario for it.

Hopefully BFC will beat you to it though and release a BFC product covering this but as i said previously i belive that they have decided not to do any game on this topic. I'm not 100 percent sure about this but thats what i recall to have been stated by these guys.

Thank you to your sincerity !

I was making some research but by more than 4000 pages of these tags, i give up...

BFC could be very happy with all the mods that we are added, making theirs games more interresting for some members, that mean that we love the things that they are doing.

What is sure is, only knowledges that you can added would help to do something correct, about this period, you don't have to be a scientific or a pro of informatics skills, to participated to something concretely, important is to be there and give yours help when needing, thanks already about scen and camp.

6 hours ago, CarlXII said:

Hopefully i'm wrong...I would indeed buy an Arab - Israeli war module...Perhaps not my number one topic but close enough 😎

I tell everytimes on the forum, letting floawing some smiles and funny faces of some members, subjets that i would like are

Israelo Arab war 
Yougoslavia war 

Believe me, when I will have enough knowledges on the 3d models,  I will be able to swaping certains vehicles and tanks and realised my subjects.😎

But untill now, lot of water will floaw again and again under the bridge. 😁

Cheers 

Edited by JM Stuff

A few years ago, I posted that I would really like to see some Arab Israeli CM. As I recall it was mentioned that they would not go there. I would still very much like to see this conflict play out on my PC. The Valley of tears battles for the Golon Heights, T-62 vs Patton and Centurian. The battle of the Chinese Farm in the Sinai. The crossing of the Suez Canal by the Egyptian army. These were the great battles of post WW2. A proxy war of sorts. Western equipment vs Soviet equipment, which for the most part is the only real slug fest match up. Oh yes, and the saggar missiles that staggered the IDF for a time. Well maybe something will take shape, I know at least for me CMCW came out of the blue and I was elated by that release we shall see.

2 hours ago, markus544 said:

A few years ago, I posted that I would really like to see some Arab Israeli CM. As I recall it was mentioned that they would not go there. I would still very much like to see this conflict play out on my PC. The Valley of tears battles for the Golon Heights, T-62 vs Patton and Centurian. The battle of the Chinese Farm in the Sinai. The crossing of the Suez Canal by the Egyptian army. These were the great battles of post WW2. A proxy war of sorts. Western equipment vs Soviet equipment, which for the most part is the only real slug fest match up. Oh yes, and the saggar missiles that staggered the IDF for a time. Well maybe something will take shape, I know at least for me CMCW came out of the blue and I was elated by that release we shall see.

Yes I agree this is how I think about !

43 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

India Pakistan would fit very well, considering the equipment used.  Maybe even better than Arab-Israeli.

If BFC even considders WW2 north africa and WW2 early eastern front to be finacially questionable...I have a very hard time beliving that they would even considder an Indian - Pakistani war...

43 minutes ago, Geoff-Ludumpress said:

Anyone seen the 2023 update?

Not yet. I don't think they have very much to say though, and given how comical the last 2 updates are in hindsight, I understand why they are hesitant.

Hell, we are almost a month from "very soon" on a patch, if that gives you an idea on how fast things move around here.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:11 AM, Ultradave said:

This is one of my pet requests. I

Thank you and counterbattery fire? By the CW period mortars needed to relocate ASAP in view of the radar coordinates they leave behind. I was advocating Quick Missions for this reason after you will get unpleasant consequences.

Edited by chuckdyke

On 1/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, SgtHatred said:

Not yet. I don't think they have very much to say though, and given how comical the last 2 updates are in hindsight, I understand why they are hesitant.

We are always hesitant because any predictions we make are likely to be wrong if we make any attempt to put reasonable dates to specific events.  We could, of course, say our next release is in 2040 and probably, but not for sure, release early ;)

I was waiting for something to click into place before posting.  It has clicked, so I'll be posting an update tomorrow night.

Steve

18 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

We are always hesitant because any predictions we make are likely to be wrong if we make any attempt to put reasonable dates to specific events.  We could, of course, say our next release is in 2040 and probably, but not for sure, release early ;)

I was waiting for something to click into place before posting.  It has clicked, so I'll be posting an update tomorrow night.

Steve

I stay awake untill tomorrow night. 😁