I have a dream that the universal BFC will have the idea of expanding CMRT in the future

t34577685

1941-1943 war,early weapon,uniform,T-26,KV-1,T-60,t-34MOD1940  etc.

Romania, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Finland

And I sincerely hope not to make another CM2 title for the east line.
Because of the same mod of flame, smoke, muzzle flame, trace, sound effect and death animation, I want to save it in CMRT, CMBN, CMFI, CMFB, CMBS, CMCW and CMSF2 respectively. The files are very inconvenient to manage and my hard disk space is not enough.
I think CMRT should be as perfect and rich in content as CMBB in a few years.
CMRT can be extended in the form of DLC. Really, my heartfelt words.

11 hours ago, t34577685 said:

CMRT can be extended in the form of DLC. Really, my heartfelt words.

I totally agree with you, but I think I've read more than once the BFC does not see a financial case to go back to earlier Ost Front, either as DLC or a new module. 

Happy to be wrong about this of course, and I'd be one of the first to stump up a dollar (or two).

4 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

I totally agree with you, but I think I've read more than once the BFC does not see a financial case to go back to earlier Ost Front, either as DLC or a new module. 

Happy to be wrong about this of course, and I'd be one of the first to stump up a dollar (or two).

Well they have to go somewhere. A few future modules are pretty predictable now, but then they run out of new WW2 eras, no?

Also, shut up and take my money.

30 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

They said exactly the same both about updating CM:SF and about releasing a Cold War title.  ;)

I have no idea what BFC will do. I have asked/suggested they make certain small scope, like a vehicle pack, "war gamers kits" for CMRT and CMFI. Now I have decided to have some dignity and I will no longer even ask for anything from them. 

Since 2014 or so, I have made some small humble attempts to create in CMRT the following mods: Finland Mod, Romania Mod, Hungary Mod.

I don't think I can do a mod for the 1939 Invasion of Poland. 

I have a hope to work next year on a CMRT Italian Mod.

I hope to create "early war Soviets" using mdr tricks and shenanigans. I hope to make some scenarios that represent Barbarossa.

19 hours ago, t34577685 said:

Really, my heartfelt words.

They are good words Wang. 🙂

@kohlenklau Actually, September 1939 will be relatively easy and quite plausible to do in CMFI. I have been thinking about it for a long time. French infantry as Poles in 1939, Italian tankettes and R35s as Polish, early Stuart as 7TP, American 37mm as Polish Bofors. No problem at all with German troops and equipment. The only thing missing is the Polish UR anti-tank rifle.

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I have no idea what BFC will do. I have asked/suggested they make certain small scope, like a vehicle pack, "war gamers kits" for CMRT and CMFI. Now I have decided to have some dignity and I will no longer even ask for anything from them. 

Since 2014 or so, I have made some small humble attempts to create in CMRT the following mods: Finland Mod, Romania Mod, Hungary Mod.

I don't think I can do a mod for the 1939 Invasion of Poland. 

I have a hope to work next year on a CMRT Italian Mod.

I hope to create "early war Soviets" using mdr tricks and shenanigans. I hope to make some scenarios that represent Barbarossa.

They are good words Wang. 🙂

yes,Your mod can be said to achieve the maximum possible under the limitation of BFC's existing public resources👍

17 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

All people who love cm will be willing to lose such a gamble

2 hours ago, t34577685 said:

yes,Your mod can be said to achieve the maximum possible under the limitation of BFC's existing public resources👍

I am not "fishing for compliments" but I honestly think/know I did not have the core talent or skill to achieve the true MAXIMUM. For me it was fun and good enough but each mod could use more love to improve it. 

As a team, other people bring in skills and then we can make a better version.

Also, even with a mod placed at the feet of the community, then who is making campaigns/scenarios/maps with it?

After months of working on the mod, sometimes I feel burned out and must move on. Then I look back over my shoulder and sadly see that usually nobody runs with the ball to score the points and win. @dragonwynn did awesome to roll my CMRT Finn mod version 1 into his campaign. And @umlaut and @Juju have been gracious to give me mods to improve my various mods.  Now @Sgt.Squareheadis trying to use my new CMFI Partisan Mod to write a scenario. That is great.

7 hours ago, Suchy said:

Actually, September 1939 will be relatively easy and quite plausible to do in CMFI. I have been thinking about it for a long time. French infantry as Poles in 1939, Italian tankettes and R35s as Polish, early Stuart as 7TP, American 37mm as Polish Bofors. No problem at all with German troops and equipment. The only thing missing is the Polish UR anti-tank rifle.

If you start up a CMFI Poland 39 (or whatever you decide to call it) mod team and you are the mod team captain with the main vision, I would join it as a member to follow your directions and help make it happen. I do not promise to make any scenarios or campaigns. I am involved with other stuff too much

@kohlenklau 

I use both the Warsaw Uprising mod and the Finland and Hungary mod, which by the way I developed a bit for myself. But I am a poor scenario maker. I play with battles on a reinforced platoon level. Anyway, these mods are used by me and I get a lot of pleasure from it.
I think the fastest way to expand mods is to include scenarios that are not created from scratch but are reworkings of existing ones or using adapted QB maps. Currently I'm slowly working on something like that for my mod Poles in Afghanistan and Iraq - First turn, first blood! for CMSF2. Mod is basically ready but I don't want to release it without scenarios. That's why I'm making scenarios based on matching QB maps and I'm reworking some scenarios from CMA and CMSF2.

I can't imagine working on the September 1939 mod without you 🙂 And JM 🙂
Such a mod would, by the way, be closely connected to the mods:

Norway 1940
France 1940
Greece and Yugoslavia 1941
Barbarossa 1941

On the German side in CMFI we have basically everything we need. On the Allied side, French infantry with Italian additions can handle Poles, Norwegians, Greeks and Russians. Italian armor and 47mm cannon (very popular in most of Central and Southern Europe), early Stuart (as Polish 7TP and Russian T-26/BT and replacement for British fast tanks from the beginning of the war), American 37mm cannon (as Polish Bofors) and light 75mm howitzer (replacement for popular 75mm infantry guns from WWI) and R35 will take care of most Allied equipment problems. Barbarossa would bring the T34, but we had the early Shermans, which differed little in parameters from the T34.

Let's do it gentlemen!

• 1 month later...

If RT was to be expanded, I would like to see it go back in time, maybe to June 1942. I would like to see some of the older German panzers try to kill a KV-1 with a Panzer III H or J short 50. Maybe throw some of the early lend lease vehicles into the mix like the Lee, Matilda, Churchill even add the T-60 and other earlier examples of the T-34. I would love to see a scenario for Stalingrad and Kursk where all of the vehicles are from that time period and not taking a Panzer III G from an Ad Hoc group in 1945 and trying to make it work in 1942-43.