Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

21 hours ago, waffelmann said:

I mean that the number of NVGs that appear in game (mostly less) is different from the number that is displayed in the panel.

For example, if you have an infantry squad, 2 will be displayed, but you will only see one model on the battlefield.

The opposite of the CMSF2 Syrian Special Forces bug, so to speak, where one is shown in the panel, but everyone has one. 😉

There is one pair of PVS-5 NVGs that will show up during night.  The rest of the night vision devices appear to be weapon sights (PVS-4) which don't seem to have a nighttime 3D model.  There are too many night vision devices in the squad currently for this time frame.  Squad should just have a couple of weapon sights (plus the Dragon tracker if so equipped).

Edited by akd

6 hours ago, Thomm said:

Hi Bubba,

Thank you for your kind offer!

Edit 1: Found a thread on the topic:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138692-nvidia-control-panel-settings/

Edit 2: Changed the 3D settings for CM:CW according to the thread above.
Shadows are rock solid now, there is no more flickering!

Thank you for the advice!

Best regards,
Thomm

Excellent!!!! glad to have helped buddy! GOOD HUNTING!!

16 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

Great. Trust it will be solved in due time.

I do wonder, the team could not force one of the Beta testers to run more modest hardware? (shortest straw ;)) The lower detail model issues mentioned in this topic would be obvious on such. Whereas on a high end system the game-engine adaptive detail scaling tends to hide any of these lower detail models from view. (Running a Desktop with CPU i5-3550 and GPU Radeon HD6670 myself)

are you suggesting we go out and buy a cheaper rig?  Cause that is what I'd have to do.  Now if you are offering to buy it for me. .. :D  

On 5/1/2021 at 4:26 AM, Mord said:

Not sure if this is a bug because it only shows up with the Forward Observer Team, but the driver of the M151A2 is wearing a tanker helmet. The M15A12s that aren't part of the FO team appear with a normal helmeted driver.

wzt8HUC.jpg

Edited by Mord

I have noticed a strange sound volume issue. 

Playing any other CMx2 title, I typically have my laptop volume set to 14 - 16 but when playing Cold War I need to set the volume to 22 - 26.  This applies to both sound effects and background music.  Has anyone else noticed a similar issue or could I just have a bad install? 

Everything else seems to play and display correctly so don't believe I have a corrupted install but not sure how else to explain it.

6 hours ago, sburke said:

are you suggesting we go out and buy a cheaper rig?  Cause that is what I'd have to do.  Now if you are offering to buy it for me. .. :D  

Either that, or supply all the sold games with a coupon, for a free powerful graphics card?  ;)

55 minutes ago, MikeSinn said:

Playing any other CMx2 title, I typically have my laptop volume set to 14 - 16 but when playing Cold War I need to set the volume to 22 - 26.  This applies to both sound effects and background music.  Has anyone else noticed a similar issue or could I just have a bad install? 

Everything else seems to play and display correctly so don't believe I have a corrupted install but not sure how else to explain it.

I do not have to change volume for CW. Mostly on a Mac.

2 hours ago, MikeSinn said:

I added "music intro.wav" from the Normandy game to CW. Then started both games with the same volume setting that makes the music only just audible. Sounds exactly the same to me. No problem. (Windows)

3 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Sorry if said already but

BUG? OCTOBER 1982 USA

CM-Cold-War-2021-05-02-19-09-34-00.png

Unable to swap bradleys for m113. The rarity points are way too much for QB for Bradleys and this formation. So what's up with this? This definitely seems unintentional.

Play with no rarity.  The presence of the Bradley at this time is basically hypothetical.  

7 minutes ago, akd said:

Play with no rarity.  The presence of the Bradley at this time is basically hypothetical.  

Hm well this seems to be broken. The rarity should be adjusted. So the US just rolled into battles without APCs for one of their 1st company in every mechanized battalion? Forgot to mention that I was on standard rarity. What happens if you go strict? Surely there were multiple full strength mechanized battalions on the ground. Still convinced this is an error!

Also,

BUG?

No tanks in this "armored" formation. Was this meant to be a Battalion Tactical Group? OCTOBER 1982

CM-Cold-War-2021-05-02-19-25-43-13.png

4 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Hm well this seems to be broken. The rarity should be adjusted. So the US just rolled into battles without APCs for one of their 1st company in every mechanized battalion? Forgot to mention that I was on standard rarity. What happens if you go strict? Surely there were multiple full strength mechanized battalions on the ground. Still convinced this is an error!

No, the Mech Battalion without the [mixed] tag was the standard in Europe in this period, with 3x M113 companies.  The Mech Battalion [mixed] is pure conjecture, the idea being that some of the first production Bradleys are cobbled together and sent to Europe in sufficient numbers to replace M113s in one company.  There was no standard TO&E that called for one company of Bradleys, two companies of M113s.

1 minute ago, akd said:

No, the Mech Battalion without the [mixed] tag was the standard in Europe in this period, with 3x M113 companies.  The Mech Battalion [mixed] is pure conjecture, the idea being that some of the first production Bradleys are cobbled together and sent to Europe in sufficient numbers to replace M113s in one company.  There was no standard TO&E that called for one company of Bradleys, two companies of M113s.

Ah okay thanks. This now makes sense.

I grew up studying WWII and then grew interested in modern as I got older. But the cold war stuff was never my thing. And all the people that remember it are still here, and not 100 years old.

Now I know