Nvidia Control Panel settings?

Holien

I have finally got my new PC up and running with the new Geoforce RTX3060 and I seem to remember there was a thread some years ago about the best settings to apply in the Nvidia control panel.

My initial Google Fuu has failed to find that thread and I was wondering if it would be worth having something pinned on the tech forum on reccomended settings for Nvidia control panel?

Also if anyone has updated their settings and happy to share so I can tweak my display.

Thanks in advance...

10 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I've been tweaking settings a lot for this game, and never found there to be much difference in performance or visual quality.

I have used Nvidia Profiler (name?) before and found benefits on a mid tier gaming laptop. Like @Holien I have recently upgraded to a RTX 3070 and a CPU with great single core performance and so far find little need to fiddle with settings. In time I probably will just to try to make it that little better.

You guys, if you haven't already, should try NVIDIA Inspector, now also known as nvidiaProfileInspector:  Search Nvidia inspector. Found helpful info here with download link: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:NVIDIA_Inspector

NVIDIA Inspector is a handy application that reads out driver and hardware information for GeForce graphics cards

The tool is basically an nVIDIA only OverClocking application, you can set your clocks and fan speeds. Orbmu2k has released this program, which seems to NVIDIA graphics cards and offers information on tools for GPU and memory clock speed, GPU operating voltage and fan speed increase. This is a quite simple user interface with an application that will rely entirely NVIDIA drivers...

Edited by Blazing 88's

19 minutes ago, Blazing 88's said:

You guys, if you haven't already, should try NVIDIA Inspector, now also known as nvidiaProfileInspector:  Sorry link doesn't work... search Nvidia inspector.

NVIDIA Inspector is a handy application that reads out driver and hardware information for GeForce graphics cards

The tool is basically an nVIDIA only OverClocking application, you can set your clocks and fan speeds. Orbmu2k has released this program, which seems to NVIDIA graphics cards and offers information on tools for GPU and memory clock speed, GPU operating voltage and fan speed increase. This is a quite simple user interface with an application that will rely entirely NVIDIA drivers, so there is reason to be downloaded from NVIDIA's website WHQL-certified driver.

Thanks for the info. I have never used overclocking but have it in mind. But I wonder which tool is best to use, the one included for the graphics card (from ASUS) or the external Nvidia one?

8 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Thanks for the info. I have never used overclocking but have it in mind. But I wonder which tool is best to use, the one included for the graphics card (from ASUS) or the external Nvidia one?

I just updated my previous post with a helpful link, which includes a download link. This app is more than just an overclock app, in fact, I never used it for that. This app gives you more control over profile options etc...

Edited by Blazing 88's

21 minutes ago, Holien said:

I will have a play and see if I can see any diff by playing with the settings, of course the latest tech might just handle everything without tweaking...

He! Seven years ago is yesterday...

Defo helps creating a profile with Nividia and having a positive impact in game. Not too much has changed regarding settings with Nvidia, few other new options but you'll figure them out. So the thread will least set you off in the right direction.

This what I have ticked "on" in the Nvidia Control Panel (works best at these settings for the 2080, your mileage may vary):

Antistropic Filtering: 16x

Antialiasing Mode: Enhance

Antialiasing Setting: 8x

Antialiasing Transparancy: Off (screws up ground textures when "on")

Low Latency Mode: Ultra

Max Frame Rate: Off

MFAA: On

Open GL rendering GPU: Set as your card.

Power Management Mode: Prefer Max Performance

Texture Filtering- Antistropic Sample Optimization: Off

Texture Filtering- Neg. LoD Bias- Clamp

Texture Filtering- Quality: High Quality

Texture Filtering- Trilinear Opt.: On

Threaded Optimization- Off

Triple Buffering: On

Vertical Sync: Adaptive

I'm mostly catering the settings away from DirectX settings, and trying to keep everything I can OpenGL friendly.

All settings in CM at maximum.