Screenshot / Print Screen

5 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

You will need some kind of screen capture, or video software. Hopefully the forumites who know about these things and have their own favourites will be along to help you shortly.

Thanks, thought so but it's been many years since I used anything like Fraps - PrintScreen always worked in recent times.  Anyway, will wait for more advice from the said forumites.

Hi @Grey Fox, thanks (and welcome? 🙂).  Will give it a try.

30 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

I use the GeForce overlay to take pictures, and it works perfectly. It also works for recording. All you have to do is set GeForce to allow desktop capture and you're good to go. If you do not have an Nvidia card it won't work though. 

I do have Nvidia so can do, thanks.

You can use the snipping tool (Win+Shift+S), but it won't work perfectly - I'm not clear on the technical details, but a snipped screenshot will be of a lower quality render (it's clearly taking part of the output in some way, but not the fully processed part).

It's the quickest and easiest though. Mostly I use Fraps.

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

You can use the snipping tool (Win+Shift+S), but it won't work perfectly - I'm not clear on the technical details, but a snipped screenshot will be of a lower quality render (it's clearly taking part of the output in some way, but not the fully processed part).

It's the quickest and easiest though. Mostly I use Fraps.

I find that FRAPS causes loss of quality as well.

Thanks everyone.  Have been away in deepest darkest Devon for a week on a campsite with no electric (😮).  As I have an Nvidia card I tried the Nvidia game overlay (not Shadowplay but came with the card nevertheless).

Here's an attempt in RT with Winter Mod on (but not on the panzers however):

1887219841_DesktopScreenshot2020_08.15-21_21_09.58(2).thumb.png.421a924131ddb89827bba6fc4aa59a1d.png

Caption of course would have been "Hauptsturmfuhrer, I don't like this yellow snow."

Anyway it's a start, might need to see if I can tweak settings or use movie mode, whatever that is 😉.

• 1 year later...

Grrrr. I'm frustrated with nVidia's screen capture tool. I like how it works but it is so unreliable I'm officially going to look at BandiCam and InfranView.

For the last few weeks it seems that every time I try to capture a screen it just doesn't work. I have found that any time there is a driver update or a Ge Force Experience update they just arbitrarily turn off my ability to screen capture until I install the update. No, just no, that's not how this should work. So, I'm firing the nVidia 's in game overlay and looking for something better.

7 hours ago, IanL said:

Grrrr. I'm frustrated with nVidia's screen capture tool. I like how it works but it is so unreliable I'm officially going to look at BandiCam and InfranView.

For the last few weeks it seems that every time I try to capture a screen it just doesn't work. I have found that any time there is a driver update or a Ge Force Experience update they just arbitrarily turn off my ability to screen capture until I install the update. No, just no, that's not how this should work. So, I'm firing the nVidia 's in game overlay and looking for something better.

Im on Win10 and use PrtScn and then alt-tab and paste into windows Paint. For some reason the 1st attempt rarely works, but just do it again and it always works on the 2nd attempt.

14 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

Im on Win10 and use PrtScn and then alt-tab and paste into windows Paint. For some reason the 1st attempt rarely works, but just do it again and it always works on the 2nd attempt.

Thanks - I am pretty spoiled with files automatically getting created though 🙂

The good news is BandiCam seems to work - now we will see if it is reliable. It does seem that I can start it even after the game is running and it works.