Patches for the 4.0 Upgrades are now available

The patch notes are with the various modules. For whatever reason, CMBN seems not to have notes for the patch upgrades.

But, for example (CMRT)

v1.04 NOTES

TO&E AND FORMATIONS:

* Commanders of German 2nd and 3rd grenadier rifle platoons have higher ranks.
* Organic 81mm mortar teams in German Parachute platoons and companies can now be called for indirect fire through the support tab.
* Halftracks in Armored Panzergrenadier formations now carry panzerfausts.

INFANTRY WEAPONS:

* FIXED: Disposable AT weapons not disappearing from the soldier's kit after use.
* FIXED: Anti-tank guns not receiving the proper concealment bonus if they hadn't moved since setup.

VEHICLES:

* FIXED: Vehicle movement speed not affecting sound contact range.
* FIXED: Sometimes a halftrack would not disembark its passengers when it should have.

SUPPORT:

* Artillery confirmation chatter is now audible.

QUICK BATTLES:

* Heavy tank regiments are now available for QB purchase for the Soviet Guards service.
* FIXED: Barbed wire not available for German QB purchase.

ARTWORK:

* FIXED: Texture mapping issues on T-34-85 turret underside.
* FIXED: Portions of IS-1 transparent if viewed from inside the tank model.
* FIXED: Misplaced SVT-40 magazine during reloading animation.
* FIXED: Soviet soldier belt mapping to black.
* FIXED: Various issues with SU-152 suspension.
* FIXED: Some Soviet soldiers using wrong uniforms.

MISC BUG FIXES:

* FIXED: Destroying a building using the Blast command would not count for Destroy victory conditions.
* FIXED: Unit crossing bridge would sometimes get stuck or needlessly zigzag.
* FIXED: Sometimes a wire fence would stay upright after a vehicle rolled through it.
* FIXED: Other minor misc bug fixes.
* FIXED: Some password character causing PBEM files to fail.
* FIXED: Rarely a strong wind sound would be audible even if there was no wind.

"Disposable AT weapons not disappearing from the soldier's kit after use" and "Sometimes a wire fence would stay upright after a vehicle rolled through it." appear on multiple games, so presumably that's a generic bug, rather than one specific to CMRT.

Equally, as ever, the patch notes never seem to list every change made.

The notes you quote are from 2016.

The Engine 4 issues were significant enough to cause many players to quit for a while.  I was one of those, and I'd love to hear some discussion of how the problems were addressed.

56 minutes ago, Bufo said:

Will the patch break an ongoing pbem game?

They shouldn't. What you do is open the PBEM in the pre-patched version. During the plot/command phase save the game. The apply the patch and opened the saved PBEM game and finish your PBEM turn. If your opponent has the patch installed you will be able to proceed. If not they will need to apply the patch and then move the game forward.  

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

The highly anticipated patch for the 4.0 Upgrade is now available for Combat Mission games Battle for Normandy, Red Thunder, Fortress Italy, Final Blitzkrieg and Black Sea patches are all available for download.

This patch is only required if you have these titles installed with Game Engine 4.  

I will add more detail about the patch soon. For now, we wanted to get this to you as soon as possible!

Click here to get yours!

My refresh monkeys were very happy to get the weekend off 🐵

Thanks for the patches - look forward to the patch notes. Might be imagining things but shaders in FI in low light haze looked better.

Edited by rocketman

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

How come nothing is mentioned(in the 1.04 notes above) about the main feature of the patch?, which was to fix infantry unrealistically breaking and running from entrenched positions or in buildings when artillery falls on their position?,

Patch Note - Fixed infantry unrealistically breaking and running from entrenched positions or in buildings when artillery falls on their position.

There ya go :P 

Sorry I just couldn't resist - it's been a long week

Edited by sburke

9 hours ago, sburke said:

Patch Note - Fixed infantry unrealistically breaking and running from entrenched positions or in buildings when artillery falls on their position.

There ya go :P 

Sorry I just couldn't resist - it's been a long week

aside from your humor that you couldnt resist, what does the patch fix?

14 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

.I am very curious what CM is doing that cause that problem.

Nothing official but the instal has always had issues if the archive was extracted in a folder that had other contents. That caused it to try to install those files too.

My guess is that the way you had extracted the install files caused it to automatically find files over and over. Or perhaps just in sub folders for a long time.

The install uses .BRZ files for its payload and the game users them for it's graphic and other resources. My impression is that the install basically processes any .BRZ files it finds and you don't want it to find any extra files.