Patches for the 4.0 Upgrades are now available

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Does the large "all in one game install" that new purchasers can buy now include this latest patch?  If not, when will that be included so that one only needs to d/l one file per game to be immediately up to date?

Not yet but the will soon. The builds are ready and are on the servers. They have be setup to replace the existing links in everyone's account. If you purchase something private message me your order number and I will give you a link. Otherwise use the current download link and add the patch. Not as cool but still beats the heck out of the old step by step installation. 

9 minutes ago, IanL said:

The install uses .BRZ files for its payload and the game users them for it's graphic and other resources. My impression is that the install basically processes any .BRZ files it finds and you don't want it to find any extra files.

My memory is very blurry on the "why" but that does sound right(ish).  

16 minutes ago, IanL said:

Oh I assure you the patch does *not* fix @sburke 's humour.

I think I read that @BFCElvis is going to write the patch note and release it.

Yeah. It will be a few days probably. I had the choice of assembling a list something and then releasing or releasing right away.

Perhaps I made the wrong choice?

53 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. It will be a few days probably. I had the choice of assembling a list something and then releasing or releasing right away.

Perhaps I made the wrong choice?

Good answer😉 

At last I will be able to play CW forces - thanks for the patch.

Of course, now it would be good to get some news on other developments😛

On 5/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, BFCElvis said:

* Small fix for Valentine turret

Wait, there's no Valentine in the modules we currently have.

Is that for Rome to Victory?

Also, thank you for the changes to the SVT's availability. Soviet junior officers in most formations still use the regular grunt model, though.

EDIT: Uh oh, looking closer the SVT has no magazine in the idle and firing animations.

Edited by Frenchy56

47 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The long wait for the patches is over now. Let's hope we can soon enjoy the modules too. And then...on to Kursk and beyond! 😀

So I hope, now it's time for the modules. I want to lead my boys under the italian sun or on the prussians plains.

2 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Wait, there's no Valentine in the modules we currently have.

Is that for Rome to Victory?

Oops....

EDIT: Uh oh, looking closer the SVT has no magazine in the idle and firing animations.

Double checking and reporting. Thanks for the catch.

One of the installers showed instructions before applying the patch. Including this, is it true or a typo? (RT required BS installed)
"VERSION REQUIREMENT
This v2.01 "Game Engine 4" Upgrade of Combat Mission: Red Thunder requires you to have a working copy of Combat Mission: Black Sea installed AND PATCHED TO v1.01 or later."

1 hour ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Red Thunder module with the Lend Lease? But I am not sure the Red Army still fielded that in late 1944.

Used them until the end of the war.

Another question: I never bought these patches. When the new modules come out, are they included?

27 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Another question: I never bought these patches. When the new modules come out, are they included?

There is no charge for the patches. If you are referring to the 4.0 Upgrade it will be required for future modules and not included with the modules.

At long last!..... Thanks for these. There are 2 patches for BS. Do I need them both? Or is the 2.11 all inclusive? I'm running game engine 4 version 2.0 at the moment.  Also, is it possible to resume campaigns and scenarios in 4.1 that have been started in game engine 3?