Stalingrad Mod?

NPye

• 3 weeks later...

Update: The test team has been in place for a little over 2 weeks. Nothing has surfaced to halt our progress to the Volga except awing at the landscape being played upon.

(and a few snipers here and there)

Stay tuned ...

Kevin 

Edited by kevinkin

• 2 weeks later...

Really awesome NPye and everyone else contributing. Im really impressed what modders can do :)

It would be really cool to use Jason Marks work as material for scenarios/campaigns (just got my hand on Island of Fire - thanks to the author himself). Might look into doing something myself, but I'm still struggling with the AI plans.

One suggestion NPye is to set the infantry quality to low/poor and you might see all or most pz fausts, schrecks and mg42s be replaced by AT grenades and Mg34s. And maybe the soviets wont have so many automatics.

Thanks Fizou. We've changed all the troops to security troops and deleted any pz fausts teams and this has reduced the numbers dramatically plus they use the MG 34 but will try that also may even delete all Pz fausts? The shot on the poster was made before we done this hence the Pz fausts? Cheers for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

@BornGinger lies he has been on recently.. thirsting for the new module... everyone is lurking.. but where is @Mord ?

Well, what do you say @NPye? Also what are your thoughts on using something like this as a reference?

https://ventonuovo.ventonuovo.net/epages/15417.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15417/Products/S08

You were right though, this is the way to get a party started ;)

Edited by Artkin

On 4/5/2021 at 4:57 AM, Artkin said:

@BornGinger lies he has been on recently.. thirsting for the new module... everyone is lurking.. but where is @Mord ?

I don't think @Mord has been on for a while, although the last visit info is turned off in his profile.  Hope he's back soon.

On the wider Stalingrad subject, I can only commend the work done.  I'd also love a BFC Stalingrad but that sounds unlikely from recent posts.

Subterranean environment is not something CM is very good in. TBH I don't think they do it at all. FR comes up are they doing something with the subway? Stalingrad the KT were the grain silos which were connected by tunnels. These campaigns are unthinkable without a subterranean environment.  

I haven't learned much about Stalingrad but once I'm done learning about Crusader I will watch Fall Blau.

I spent two minutes thinking of a potential workaround for this and I'm clueless :/ @chuckdyke

Tik's youtube channel lays out the battle day by day on a battalion/regiment level which would be perfection........ if we just had the map!