Dead Livestock

"Under Flavor Objects, Farm, the horse is number 4, and the cow is number 5."

OMG... What a mess I just made! ;)

To bring my Dead Livestock... to Life again:confused:

Maybe crop circles and ground-etched occult symbols flavor object magic ... around the Dead Livestock could work :)

Since were on the subject of Flavor-Objects, do they give Cover and or Concealment, and if so, how much ?

I know about half the time, my units will be in the Open per-sey but intermingled on top of or behind these Flavor-Objects.

Joe

do they give Cover and or Concealment, and if so, how much ?

I checked the manual and could not find an definitive answer. Now let me remember... I am pretty sure they offer some cover but no concealment which is why the limit their size. It is not surprising if a three man team cannot all hide behind a utility pole but if they made a civilian car that a three man team could not hide behind that would feel odd.

(Can tanks hide in the haystacks??)

Ah, just the opposite - tanks can *destroy* haystacks! Run over a haystack and it disappears, rather like fence sections. Man, I hope I'm not misremembering that - its been a long time (and a couple titles) since I've had a need to plow through a haystack with a tank. :)

Can you hide Dead Livestock under a haystack?

What happens to the dead horse and the cow under a haystack when a tank destroys the haystack? PETA wants to know ;)

Is there a very fine slender piece of metal with a point at one end and a hole or eye for thread at the other, used in sewing found in the haystack?

Sorry... happens while waiting for patches, and engine upgrades :)

The only reference I can find is in the CMSF manual (page 118)

'Flavor Objects are small objects which add atmosphere and eye

candy to the scenery but have little or no impact on gameplay.

Options include: Street Lights, Telephone Poles, Drums, various

Road Signs, and Sacks'.

I do seem to remember a CMSF British Module scenario where the designer had put some infantry behind pallets inside a building which totally brassed up one of my assaulting infantry sections as it crashed through the door. Despite the fact that the building had been comprehensively brassed up by a Warrior 7.62mm Chain Gun.

And I was so sure I had remembered correctly - I guess not - sigh.

I think most of them are either low enough or narrow enough to only have a very occasional "impact on gameplay". Apart from haystacks. They get in the bleedin' way all the frellin' time. I didn't know you could flatten 'em with vehicles. I shall bear that in mind for the future.

IIRC flavor objects provide nothing other than visual "flavor" and may as well be ignored for all other purposes. If someone here has a definitive answer to the contrary, that would be very interesting.

Steve has stated quite clearly they provide cover but not concealment.