RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Driving hard into eastern Kalinowka 10th Kompanie and a platoon of Pioneers supporting, still find pockets of resistance and the Soviets make us pay a price for every inch of ground we take.

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-20

Resistance is fierce, the quiet village is deafened by the sound of combat and the assault of the Panzergrenadiers.

The dead and wounded tell the tragic tale of the epic struggle.  The StuGs have done their deadly work followed closely behind by my infantry.

Every house is a danger, my troops take nothing for granted and do not let up fighting for every building, foxhole and fence line.

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-2022-07-26-09-51-28-55.png

While the men fight and lay down sheets of fire one of my Pioneer flame tracks creeps into position while his MG suppresses.  The defenders may soon regret their decision to remain in the village.

Feeling victory in our grasp, again our over-aggressiveness costs us.  A hidden Soviet AT gun knocks out another of my advancing StuGs. 

Pioneers continue to leapfrog up protecting the left flank as the Germans get closer to finally seizing the village.

On my right, 9th Kompanie and their supporting Pioneers have fought ferociously to take the crest of Point 208.  Jumping from hole to hole, while being supported by a platoon of StuGs the men do seize the hill.

Only an image can convey how brutal and close the fight for Point 208 has been.  Friend and Foe alike lie next to each other in death as the battleline has ebbed and flowed across the ridge.  The snow and cold only add to bleak harshness of this war.

And still it isn't enough.  Holding the top of the hill only invites Soviet artillery to blast us off and spotting rounds begin to fall.  The men are discouraged but know they must fall back off their hotly gained ground to escape the enemy barrage.

In doing so, an enemy gun unmasks itself to blast it's deadly canister at one of my HQ units and another of my men pays the price.

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-2022-07-31-15-26-28-100.png

Falling back, one squad of 3rd Platoon 9th Kompanie finds no cover and must rely on getting as close to the snow covered ground as possible.  Needless to say, their position is an uncomfortable one.

As eastern Kalinowka teeters on the knife's edge, 10th Kompanie brings up the reserve platoon to take final control of the village.

Our flame track puts the final nails in the coffin and eastern Kalinowka falls.

Full energy can now be concentrated on Point 208.  But even then, our task is not over.  We must again cross a frozen marsh and stream and seize the village of Delhonosy on the other side.  We must continue to seize and hold the initiative...

Edited by Phantom Captain

11 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Incredible achievement...

I agree, there was a lot of work put into the map.

I personally play it without the textures because they hollow the insides of the buildings. I like to play indoors a lot, especially with these massive structures. My only criticism is that the buildings need more doorways on the inside. Maybe I'm wrong though. I tried looking up floorplans for one of the buildings and came up dry. If some magic man comes by and knows where to find historical berlin floorplans then I'll give it a realistic go. :)

15 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Not a bad map, and obviously a lot of work. But, I think there are far too many advertising columns, and civilian cars.

The great thing with having the map, the user can simple open the map in the editor and change to your own preference, it's easy to remove cars etc. Cheers

19 minutes ago, NPye said:

The great thing with having the map, the user can simple open the map in the editor and change to your own preference, it's easy to remove cars etc. Cheers

yep I removed the water and replaced it with a 5-7m deep pit and the map feels totally different now

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

yep I removed the water and replaced it with a 5-7m deep pit and the map feels totally different now

Nice put a screen I might do that myself? Also do you want me to send you the Floor and ceiling files with the them showing rather than invisible? 

52 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

npye- so are the poles in the river and canals supposed to be 'rommel's asparagus"?  (anti-glider poles)  just curious.

cheers,

rob

Hi Rob, they sort of have dual purpose, I wanted to get more metal in the maps so they are one, the main part of a wire fence, and I put them in the water as to break up the flatness and in my area you see this alot in shallow water... alas not Rommel's Asparagus...Cheers. Do you like the map?

Edited by NPye

6 hours ago, NPye said:

Nice put a screen I might do that myself? Also do you want me to send you the Floor and ceiling files with the them showing rather than invisible? 

Sure thing, here are the pictures. I especially like the little CMSF-esque trench I accidentally made which is alongside the bridge. A lot of soldiers will die trying to cross that, especially when you put mines in it. Looks like a great place to cross until you think about it.

I considered filling the whole thing with trees and bushes, but I've held off. That too, would totally change the dynamics of this map.

Indeed I also removed the metal girders in the water as well, as said you can change the map to your likening. :)

I would also appreciate those files please! Please send them over. I have dropbox if you do too.

1jE79o.png

1jEOL9.png

1jEpii.png

1jEHa2.png

1jEzkv.png

1jESlC.png

1jEeX5.png1jEvrz.png1jEL4T.png

Edited by Artkin