RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

4 hours ago, Rinaldi said:

I think posting an entire thread for my own blog would be a bit presumptuous.

Dude, it's a quality blog and as I recall, threads are free!  ;)

The CM community needs more content & commentary from folk who actually understand the game.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Is there a single "Stalingrad mod" pack?

I have, vaguely, started some preliminary work on such a modpack (which is what the Tidbit showcases).

The original CMRT Stalingrad (generally untagged) & [Umlauts factory] modpacks do still work, the only issue is that Fire & Rubble introduced the [autumn] tag which automatically activates in September (originally in CMRT, September was a Summer month) and all of the old urban battle content (including the two @dragonwynn campaigns) were set in September

This has some unintended consequences with regards terrain, snow tags, doodads, tree, bush foilage & some uniforms however, tbh, it's all very cosmetic.

17 hours ago, 37mm said:

Coincidentally, I too have been having some fun with the Stalingrad content by @kohlenklau, @NPye, @umlaut & @dragonwynn...

Great video, a Combat Mission: Fall Blau would be so fun, I mean, look how great it is just with what a handful have modders have done with the base game?

3oBPfK4.png

Assault team fragging and clearing an apartment building. With limited armor support it's the only real way to progress and with proper suppression it's pretty safe.

8J5onZW.png

A Stuka drops it's bomb a bit too close and knocks out a Panzer II, the battlefield went dead silent after with the battlefield filled with smoke and most of the men on both sides instantly pinned.

zJdPdg0.jpg

Mortars hit a friendly trench wiping out an entire squad in seconds except for a single Oberschütze.