RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

4 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Sorry, I'm watching Canned Heat at Woodstock at the mo. I'll come back to this, promise.

Love them... aint seen Woodstock for years.... I always have you in mind when choosing the soundtrack. lol This ones an epic???????

when people say that cm2 graphics are poor, etc., i just laugh.  i like the fact that it looks more like an illustration or painting rather try to look 'hyper-realistic' like a lot of other games.  games, cgi, etc. that goes for the hyper-real look nearly always fails, and looks even more wrong because it pushes so hard to  look 'photographic'.  to me, at least, cm2 screenshots can look much more 'real' in the context of their 'illustrated, 'graphic novel'  world.   plus, to me t.b.h., it seems just a bit healthier and more comfortable- if you're gonna spend a lot of time in a 3d  simulation of battle and carnage- to keep that layer of graphic abstraction. i honestly wouldn't enjoy combat mission with hyper-photo-realistic graphics and s.p.r levels of  carnage... but that's just me.

cheers,

rob

On 10/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, quakerparrot67 said:

well, i've finally got something to contribute- all comment critiques, etc. welcome.

cheers,

rob

8fmx06.pngY7r1uI.pngSFjkja.pngOXtiyh.pnggndgov.pngbrXXF1.png

Very nice screenshots and satisfactions to see some of my wrecks in the street, soon @Bootie will have a lot of work with news ones @NPye make beautiful movies on the forum, to others threads... @Lucky_Strike and @RockinHarry are making a revolution with news stuffs I hope to see all from these guys wonders.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

14 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Some russian MG position in a rubbled german town. (bits of edited in Gimp)

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Same scene as above but now summer 44 and just a bit of @Lucky_Strike´s hedgerow hell mod greenery added. Also turned off my movie shader which for unknown reason disabled anti aliasing in the game. 🤪

Heheh, choices, choices. Great stuff Harry loving the discarded equipment details! 🔍

So, I'm nearly finished working on a new mod for fans of late war urban environments - Berlin defence primarily but could be used in any Festung. It's an emplaced, dug-in Panzer IV inspired by those employed in Berlin by Panzerkompanie (bo) 'Berlin' which had 12 of these issued along with 10 of the more famous Pantherturms (already available in the game). The Panzer IVs were classed as Schadpanzer - damaged tanks beyond economical repair. Some were emplaced in a concrete base others were hastily dropped into holes which were then back filled and reinforced. The game doesn't allow me to easily dig a hole so I've used a ditch and an huh hum generous amount of rubble plus some artistic licence. The model is a stripped down Panzer IVG (Late) and is given an immobilised status - don't want these things driving around ... got no wheels anyway.

Without further waffle:

TqU45jN.jpg

... waiting

t3YBGLr.jpg

Feuer!

6h3r6WE.jpg

... erfolg!

kyNUtnm.jpg

Uo4NbYO.jpg

1CNKQYo.jpg

mgcXRLY.jpg

He took out four Russian tanks and damaged three more before the inevitable - all without support ...

cggqCjM.jpg

Change of shader here - using ReShade - fantastic cinematic goodness, but I spend far too long making pretty pictures!

Night fighting in Berlins shattered streets ... 

l8uzdlh.jpg

y8dIwhE.jpg

JFqbYOo.jpg

WJWnJ8D.jpg

Got to say thanks to @NPye for his massive Berlin mod pack and encouraging all this misbehaving ... also to @RockinHarry for planting the seeds of ideas. Hopefully the mod will be out this week so look out for it if interested.

18 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Got to say thanks to @NPye for his massive Berlin mod pack and encouraging all this misbehaving ... also to @RockinHarry for planting the seeds of ideas. Hopefully the mod will be out this week so look out for it if interested.

Cheers bud. Mate those defences and new trees compliment the mod so well, new levels again... Cheers for everyone's input. PS is the blur in game or Post processing?? Looks great.

Edited by NPye

49 minutes ago, NPye said:

PS is the blur in game or Post processing?? Looks great.

Thanks Nigel. I really like the smiling Hitler Youth girl in the last shot, adds a real sense of the delusional!

I'm using ReShade on all these so it's in-game post processing, the depth of field is a specific effect in ReShade. Works really well with the backdrop of your mod set.

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

So, I'm nearly finished working on a new mod for fans of late war urban environments - Berlin defence primarily but could be used in any Festung. It's an emplaced, dug-in Panzer IV inspired by those employed in Berlin by Panzerkompanie (bo) 'Berlin' which had 12 of these issued along with 10 of the more famous Pantherturms (already available in the game). The Panzer IVs were classed as Schadpanzer - damaged tanks beyond economical repair. Some were emplaced in a concrete base others were hastily dropped into holes which were then back filled and reinforced. The game doesn't allow me to easily dig a hole so I've used a ditch and an huh hum generous amount of rubble plus some artistic licence. The model is a stripped down Panzer IVG (Late) and is given an immobilised status - don't want these things driving around ... got no wheels anyway.

Without further waffle:

TqU45jN.jpg

... waiting

t3YBGLr.jpg

Feuer!

6h3r6WE.jpg

... erfolg!

kyNUtnm.jpg

Uo4NbYO.jpg

1CNKQYo.jpg

mgcXRLY.jpg

He took out four Russian tanks and damaged three more before the inevitable - all without support ...

cggqCjM.jpg

Change of shader here - using ReShade - fantastic cinematic goodness, but I spend far too long making pretty pictures!

Night fighting in Berlins shattered streets ... 

l8uzdlh.jpg

y8dIwhE.jpg

JFqbYOo.jpg

WJWnJ8D.jpg

Some people post such incredible content that its hard to believe we're playing the same game. This is outstanding. What a delicious flavor to add to the game. 

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks Nigel. I really like the smiling Hitler Youth girl in the last shot, adds a real sense of the delusional!

I'm using ReShade on all these so it's in-game post processing, the depth of field is a specific effect in ReShade. Works really well with the backdrop of your mod set.

Looks gorgeous! 😍 And quite a creative composition as well. 😎 Having depth of field adds so much more to our CM sceneries. So you really got me interested (Reshade) and I just downloaded the setup tool. Is it latest Version 5.4.2 to be used with CM or anything else? https://reshade.me/

12 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I can't stop looking at this set, I tried to get reshade for Mac but guess what....only for PCs. Is there a solution available??? Awesome work everyone massive TY

Edited by NPye

On 10/18/2022 at 12:27 AM, quakerparrot67 said:

b.t.w., most of these i'm posting in this thread are from NPYE's  mindblowing berlin maps, and these are just the fist version- the new maps look even better from the previews he's showing.

so anyhoo...

Cheers bud V2 shouldn't be much longer.

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Looks gorgeous! 😍 And quite a creative composition as well. 😎 Having depth of field adds so much more to our CM sceneries. So you really got me interested (Reshade) and I just downloaded the setup tool. Is it latest Version 5.4.2 to be used with CM or anything else? https://reshade.me/

I need it for Mac , it's a game changer I love the DOF filter.