RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

34 minutes ago, NPye said:

Is that my map? None of my textures are showing?

Yes it is, Molkte bridge, I removed the building textures to fix the missing interior issue, but don't worry I've also added doors all inside the museum. Give and take. B)

Edited by Artkin

8 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Yes it is, Molkte bridge, I removed the building textures to fix the missing interior issue, but don't worry I've also added doors all inside the museum. Give and take. B)

What I mean is there are none of my ground textures at all its like the horrible vanilla files that come with the game??????

9 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I wasn't sure how the files worked, but I just assumed each numbered folder represented a different style house, so I deleted only those. I always have the .zip saved on my drive if I want them back.

You only have 2 delete 2 files and called 'Floors' and 'ceilings' they are in the Extras Directory in a folder called 'Buildings' delete these 2 files and the floors and ceilings will show again? At the moment all you are using is the map? Which is fine if you don't like what i've done, but it's heartbreaking to see this when i've spent 100's of hours to make the mod... :( :( :(

14 minutes ago, NPye said:

You only have 2 delete 2 files and called 'Floors' and 'ceilings' they are in the Extras Directory in a folder called 'Buildings' delete these 2 files and the floors and ceilings will show again? At the moment all you are using is the map? Which is fine if you don't like what i've done, but it's heartbreaking to see this when i've spent 100's of hours to make the mod... :( :( :(

I also spend hundreds of hours, designing my own things, playing pbems, etc. The mod is nice and it's on the drive. But it doesnt work so well with my pbems so it wont stay enabled all the time. I'll look out for those files tmrw and see if I can get it to work. 👍

17 hours ago, Vacillator said:

+1, needs to be released if not. 

And @Jace11 why don't you play RT?  Just curious, as it's still one of my favourite titles (and it was my first).

I meant I don't play war thunder, though it looks pretty cool. I do play RT and like it a lot, but I don't have Fire and Rubble yet, maybe at Christmas.

I can upload those skins if you like, they are nothing special, just the decals over the base textures. I will have to find some room somewhere, my google drive is almost full, my mediafire account should still have space (cause they give you 50GB free, google only 15GB??), I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, Jace11 said:

I meant I don't play war thunder, though it looks pretty cool. I do play RT and like it a lot, but I don't have Fire and Rubble yet, maybe at Christmas.

Ah, got ya.  I should have read it a bit more carefully.

I did try War Thunder and also World of Tanks, but both were too arcadey, grindy, and full of people erm how shall I say it, making 'rude and derogatory remarks' about other players (including me 😆).  Was I surprised by this, no, but it hastened the removal of both games from my computer. 

Also the 'fantasy tank' aspects didn't appeal to me as I like historical accuracy where possible.

Edited by Vacillator

1 hour ago, Jace11 said:

Decals

Just a few, some just have red stars added or the Fire and Rubble decals with stripes removed, assault guns and a couple of the t34-85s have the funky number decals. They work with default textures.

Got them thanks.  Might have a go at some myself - looking at the stretched star in the first bmp file I opened, is it just a case of trial and error to get it to look right in-game?

Some were tricky. For those, I would open the tank model in blender, load up the textures, then skew, stretch or scale the star or other decal in photoshop, then save it and refresh the texture in blender to view it again. It’s far quicker than loading up the game to check each change. As far as I’m aware you have to restart the game to reload textures, whereas in blender it’s just a button press. There are loads of decals from war thunder, just search Google. I got quite a big collection after an hours searching, not just Russian either, all nations.

Hey just finished the Potsdamer Platz map for the Battle of Berlin Mod, i'm planning to upload to Bootie phaze 2 of the mod, including at least 5 new scenarios and updated buildings and flavours. The whole mod is a work in progress so expect updates regularly.

This map includes some famous landmarks including:

Saarland Straße, Leipziger Platz and Straße, Potsdamer Platz, Bahnhof and Straße, The Columbushaus (one of Berlin's tallest buildings at the time), also the New Reichs Chancellery, Herrenhaus, Hotel Palast, and Vaterland Haus.

Also how awful must it to have been a civilian during these last days in Berlin. Having to que for food and water everyday, living in cellars and shelters. Coming to ground level was very dangerous but had to be done. And then if you were a female, (no matter what age) the Soviets would steal your watches and jewellery and rape you, one German Women said, 'better to have a Russian on your belly than the USAAF on your head', what a choice!!!

Revenge seems to have been the order of the day, for what the Germans did in their countries during the advance and retreat. I read somewhere a Soviet soldier couldn't believe why the Germans invaded the Soviet Union, he saw the industrial farming, that every house had electricity, running water and gas. Every street was paved and the huge, once beautiful classical buildings, impressed but made him even more angry. He couldn't understand what the Nazis wanted from their backward country.

Download phaze 1 Battle of Berlin:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-red-thunder/cmrt-scenery/cmrt-battle-for-berlin/

1I84K2.jpg

1I8NYA.jpg

1I8q6m.jpg

1I8LtF.jpg

Edited by NPye

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Really beautiful work.   I spend more time looking at the buildings than playing.

Erwin said all Really beautiful work.   I spend time looking at the buildings and all details, I don t have time to play for now but soon.

The atmosphere is on the top a good choice to represent the sky, and the desolation of destruction, sometimes we have to check really if this one is a part of CMRT FR or a sequence of another game c est trops beau.

JM 

Edited by JM Stuff

11 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Erwin said all Really beautiful work.   I spend time looking at the buildings and all details, I don t have time to play for now but soon.

The atmosphere is on the top a good choice to represent the sky, and the desolation of destruction, sometimes we have to check really if this one is a part of CMRT FR or a sequence of another game c est trops beau.

JM 

Mate thanks so much bud. Cheers

On 8/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, Vacillator said:

Also the 'fantasy tank' aspects didn't appeal to me as I like historical accuracy where possible.

Dude that puts me off them games also, a Tiger against a Challenger II etc... seems so stupid, nice maps though, the world of tanks Stalingrad map is superb, even Hell let Loose has Tigers and Panthers where there were none????

26 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

No chance of a conversion to CM I suppose?

lol Na mate you need all new .mdr files as the buildings aren't a rectangle with windows they have the audacity to hve irregular shapes, columns, large windows... Kerbs on the pavement, interiors, stairs, properly rendered without strange triangle shadows, lol ... PS I do love the old game but it could be better????