RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

11jBz1.jpg

You will find you use the Assault command often...

11jQde.jpg

An old ME 109E tried but failed to engage the Soviet Migs...

11j1lD.jpg

Don't get your halftrack too close to the German Infantry...those fascists love using them as target practise for new panzerfaust crews...

11ix9o.jpg

The Bahnhofs are perfect for defence....

11WWw5.png

This is a new period sign, it's telling civilians that a bomb shelter is 2 minutes away in that direction.

The Battle for Berlin, Moabit Prison Area, this huge prison, which still exits today, is a real tough nut to crack. All the streets are really wide and very hard to advance down, even though you must to get to the Moltke Bridge, also there are about 100 prisoners still in the prison, you have to take some recon and sapper units to blow the walls and set them free, the dilemma is you may lose a few or all of this force, you will not receive any victory points if you do set them free the prisoners can be armed and will help you, destroy the Fascists in the park north of your area, it will be hard to do this without them but it's the players choice we can assume that if they are not liberated then they would certainly be shot by the local SS units attached to the area. Your choice....meanwhile your other units must push down the Moabit Strasse, as time is of the essence, if you are delayed to long then the glorious prize of the Reichstag may be diverted to Konevs 1st Ukrainian Front... so get this job done as victory is close.

1RjVQo.jpg

The Main Prison Entrance objective.

1RjsU5.jpg

Moabit Prison, Moabit Strasse, Berlin... A house of horrors.

1R0Ak2.jpg

Strangely the Prison is really beautifully designed group of buildings with statues adorning the entrance buildings.

1RjwgK.jpg

The assaults begin simultaneously, the recon and sapper teams lead the way through the back of the prison to liberate the prisoners, whilst the other 3rd Shock Army troops pour down Moabit Strasse to rush the prison reception and clear the place of all German troops.

1RjOA7.jpg

The rescue teams, reach the prison walls where the German guards told them them they would be. The Sappers prepare the explosives and wait by the walls...

1RjlnF.jpg

They quickly arm the prisoners who can fight an blow more walls to release more prisoners.

1Rjz53.jpg

Are these troops mad? They run down the street, they must be drunk, don't they know what awaits them?

1RjoDQ.jpg

The Soviets bring up some big ISU 152's to bolster the attack, but within 2 -3 minutes 5 ISU are in flames, the Germans rain down on them, mortar, anti-tank and HE shells, the carnage is unspeakable and unstoppable.

1RjGWm.jpg

Our Commissars and Commanders told us that the Germans were finished and only a few Prison Guards remained to be finished off. OK so what and where was that fire from, the noise and smell was unforgettable the cries of the dying and the fearful would haunt those who survived this ordeal forever...we must move on and take the objectives...

1RjUEH.jpg

The tank commander discovers through his bins what had caused the death of all his SPW's, and immediately orders an urgent mortar attack to suppress this reign of fire...

1RjwgK.jpg

Forward our sergeant screams, we must get moving, we recover our thoughts and head off down the street again... into the smoke, into the ground, into Hell...

1RjXcc.jpg

The Germans even have armoured support and makes a short appearance on the road before disappearing again... A radio message comes in from the rescue party asking for urgent assistance, they released the prisoners and moved to the park area, where they were met with large resistance from SS 88's and MG's and even an armoured counterattack... What can we do? The commander wants to help but we are stuck on this street any movement forward just brings on mortar attacks... maybe they will send us some more tanks or at least a huge smoke screen?????

What will be the outcome?  You can soon find out. Be the commander play this scenario  so you can determine the outcome? Failure is not an option... 

This is a scenario, called Moabit Prison Break, coming soon for the CMRT mod Battle for Berlin... Download the current mod here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-red-thunder/cmrt-scenery/cmrt-battle-for-berlin/

Work in Progress.

9 hours ago, NPye said:

The Battle for Berlin, Moabit Prison Area, this huge prison, which still exits today, is a real tough nut to crack. All the streets are really wide and very hard to advance down, even though you must to get to the Moltke Bridge, also there are about 100 prisoners still in the prison, you have to take some recon and sapper units to blow the walls and set them free, the dilemma is you may lose a few or all of this force, you will not receive any victory points if you do set them free the prisoners can be armed and will help you, destroy the Fascists in the park north of your area, it will be hard to do this without them but it's the players choice we can assume that if they are not liberated then they would certainly be shot by the local SS units attached to the area. Your choice....meanwhile your other units must push down the Moabit Strasse, as time is of the essence, if you are delayed to long then the glorious prize of the Reichstag may be diverted to Konevs 1st Ukrainian Front... so get this job done as victory is close.

1RjVQo.jpg

The Main Prison Entrance objective.

1RjsU5.jpg

Moabit Prison, Moabit Strasse, Berlin... A house of horrors.

1R0Ak2.jpg

Strangely the Prison is really beautifully designed group of buildings with statues adorning the entrance buildings.

1RjwgK.jpg

The assaults begin simultaneously, the recon and sapper teams lead the way through the back of the prison to liberate the prisoners, whilst the other 3rd Shock Army troops pour down Moabit Strasse to rush the prison reception and clear the place of all German troops.

1RjOA7.jpg

The rescue teams, reach the prison walls where the German guards told them them they would be. The Sappers prepare the explosives and wait by the walls...

1RjlnF.jpg

They quickly arm the prisoners who can fight an blow more walls to release more prisoners.

1Rjz53.jpg

Are these troops mad? They run down the street, they must be drunk, don't they know what awaits them?

1RjoDQ.jpg

The Soviets bring up some big ISU 152's to bolster the attack, but within 2 -3 minutes 5 ISU are in flames, the Germans rain down on them, mortar, anti-tank and HE shells, the carnage is unspeakable and unstoppable.

1RjGWm.jpg

Our Commissars and Commanders told us that the Germans were finished and only a few Prison Guards remained to be finished off. OK so what and where was that fire from, the noise and smell was unforgettable the cries of the dying and the fearful would haunt those who survived this ordeal forever...we must move on and take the objectives...

1RjUEH.jpg

The tank commander discovers through his bins what had caused the death of all his SPW's, and immediately orders an urgent mortar attack to suppress this reign of fire...

1RjwgK.jpg

Forward our sergeant screams, we must get moving, we recover our thoughts and head off down the street again... into the smoke, into the ground, into Hell...

1RjXcc.jpg

The Germans even have armoured support and makes a short appearance on the road before disappearing again... A radio message comes in from the rescue party asking for urgent assistance, they released the prisoners and moved to the park area, where they were met with large resistance from SS 88's and MG's and even an armoured counterattack... What can we do? The commander wants to help but we are stuck on this street any movement forward just brings on mortar attacks... maybe they will send us some more tanks or at least a huge smoke screen?????

What will be the outcome?  You can soon find out. Be the commander play this scenario  so you can determine the outcome? Failure is not an option... 

This is a scenario, called Moabit Prison Break, coming soon for the CMRT mod Battle for Berlin... Download the current mod here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-red-thunder/cmrt-scenery/cmrt-battle-for-berlin/

Work in Progress.

Well NPye is no more only love for Berlin but become to be an obsession and perhaps late a rabias...

Very very nice job boy !

JM

On 8/16/2022 at 12:38 AM, NPye said:

LOL F**k um, there's some great You tube videos sof it in action. 

I see what you mean, that looks great - you sure you can't replicate it in CM?  Would only take a minute girl (sorry song lyrics getting to me).

Th other option I have is to go back to WOT, it didn't have that map last time I was there, or maybe it was because I was using WOT Blitz, who knows.  Of course I'd still be called some horrible names...

This probably ain't the place to be discussing it, but can you just select let's say that map with only historical tanks, or do you get the Frankenstein selection all around you?

24 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I see what you mean, that looks great - you sure you can't replicate it in CM?  Would only take a minute girl (sorry song lyrics getting to me).

Th other option I have is to go back to WOT, it didn't have that map last time I was there, or maybe it was because I was using WOT Blitz, who knows.  Of course I'd still be called some horrible names...

This probably ain't the place to be discussing it, but can you just select let's say that map with only historical tanks, or do you get the Frankenstein selection all around you?

HI, I'VE ONLY SEEN IT ON YOU TUBE NEVER COULD FIND IT WHEN PLAYING?

25 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

You can get close but at the cost of the correct window position etc, which nobody wants??? But it still would be a waterered down version because of the limitation built in to the game.

5 minutes ago, NPye said:

HI, I'VE ONLY SEEN IT ON YOU TUBE NEVER COULD FIND IT WHEN PLAYING?

No need to shout 😆.  I never saw it either, but as mentioned I was actually playing WOT Blitz, which may be different.  Just wondering, it's not like I don't have enough to do in CM (my favourite game by far, just to set the record straight).

17 minutes ago, NPye said:

I've created a monster bud... do you know the prison area bud?

No sorry have only one in my mind and tjis is Plözensee and Spandau but if you want I can check it details later.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prison+berlin+1944&oq=prison+berlin+1944&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2.14724j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

Lucky Strike gave me the whole collection of the original BMPs for CMRT... so i've been busy updating loads of files... Cheers bud. New updates for the upcoming Phaze 2 for The Battle for Berlin...

1ESj5q.jpg

All the indie buildings 

1EkaOM.jpg

Many of the new 1945 vehicles...

1Eze8H.jpg

Texturised the cars to work with the mod better... (although awesome as they are)...

1Ez3yA.jpg

OMG A 128 PAK A new one for me...

1EkxnD.jpg

Urban Bridges texturised... 

1EzXnC.jpg

Statues and new indie buildings...

Cheers for looking...

Wilhelmstrasse, in the Z sector, Central berlin. This area holds so many Nazi ministries like The Air Ministry (no major damage and still exists today). The Ministry for propaganda and enlightenment, (partly destroyed but large sections still exist today). Also Wilhelmplatz which Hitler's New Reich Chancellery faces, West side, the platz was concreted over some time in the 30s, to make suitable for large crowds to listen to Hitler speak from his balcony. Also the huge Kaiserhof Hotel, (Goering married his second wife there) and all the top Nazis stayed there. Hitler lived there for a while, also the Old Reich Chancellery, where Hitler also lived for a while. The Borsig Palace, incorporated as part of the chancellery. This area was heavily bombed and shelled so all the roads are gone and replaced with mounds of rubble and debris. Cheers for looking.

From Battle for Berlin Mod, Phaze 2, coming soon.

1JYjX9.jpg

Wilhelmplatz defences

1JYtW5.jpg

Notice the New Reichs Chancellery in the background showing Hitler's balcony, (I sampled the balcony texture from an actual photo to ad some realism). 

1JYkk7.jpg

The Kaiserhof Hotel in the centre background.

1JY8Gm.jpg

The 88's are still a great AT gun even in 1945.

1JMy31.jpg

T34-85 destroyed in the rubble, Bombed out cityscapes are not ideal tank country but are needed for their firepower support.

1JYgNC.jpg

Bombed out ministry buildings make great defence positions.

Cheers

55 minutes ago, NPye said:

Wilhelmstrasse, in the Z sector, Central berlin. This area holds so many Nazi ministries like The Air Ministry (no major damage and still exists today). The Ministry for propaganda and enlightenment, (partly destroyed but large sections still exist today). Also Wilhelmplatz which Hitler's New Reich Chancellery faces, West side, the platz was concreted over some time in the 30s, to make suitable for large crowds to listen to Hitler speak from his balcony. Also the huge Kaiserhof Hotel, (Goering married his second wife there) and all the top Nazis stayed there. Hitler lived there for a while, also the Old Reich Chancellery, where Hitler also lived for a while. The Borsig Palace, incorporated as part of the chancellery. This area was heavily bombed and shelled so all the roads are gone and replaced with mounds of rubble and debris. Cheers for looking.

From Battle for Berlin Mod, Phaze 2, coming soon.

1JYjX9.jpg

Wilhelmplatz defences

1JYtW5.jpg

Notice the New Reichs Chancellery in the background showing Hitler's balcony, (I sampled the balcony texture from an actual photo to ad some realism). 

1JYkk7.jpg

The Kaiserhof Hotel in the centre background.

1JY8Gm.jpg

The 88's are still a great AT gun even in 1945.

1JMy31.jpg

T34-85 destroyed in the rubble, Bombed out cityscapes are not ideal tank country but are needed for their firepower support.

1JYgNC.jpg

Bombed out ministry buildings make great defence positions.

Cheers

I am a little surprise to see Sherman wreck I was thinking that Sherman were used to another front, Staline making his propaganda with his own tanks and not attribute any victory using leasing from allied, personly I never see picture or documentary from Sherman tanks in Berlin sector...

We learn every days.

JM

9 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I am a little surprise to see Sherman wreck I was thinking that Sherman were used to another front, Staline making his propaganda with his own tanks and not attribute any victory using leasing from allied, personly I never see picture or documentary from Sherman tanks in Berlin sector...

They were there bud

1QEUXD.jpg

1QEXrq.webp

1QEb4A.webp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...