Downloading ...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what about the sudden stomach cramps/headache/nausea you must be experiencing?

That does sound tempting. Most if my Friday is shot anyway. Work, pick up new toy after 3 and my FWB coming over tonight.

It is tempting to go home and play.

Ill have to wait till I get home. Ill may be able to get to a few rounds later tonight.

This weekend should be fun

Folks, it is here.

Trey

Okay, I'll be the one to say it:

Great Ajax, you're a Bone-head.

Let me quote the email you must have also received:

ATTENTION! We are offering these early downloads exclusively to pre-order customers as a reward for your trust and loyalty. In your best interest, please do not tell anyone else about it, or the download servers may be flooded with a lot of new customers, robbing you of your ability to download the game quickly.

Thank you for your consideration of everyone else who also pre-ordered.

ATTENTION! We are offering these early downloads exclusively to pre-order customers as a reward for your trust and loyalty. In your best interest, please do not tell anyone else about it, or the download servers may be flooded with a lot of new customers, robbing you of your ability to download the game quickly.

Well, since there is no option for non pre-orderers to download the game I don't see how he did any harm ;)

Having said that I'm going home from a hard work week now, it better be available when I get home and done my groceries!!! :D

Hmmm..the wording does us other customers little credit..most of us are loyal customers but we can't afford the delivery charges if we could pre order the download only then I'm sure most of us would have done so.

LOL yeah you know many of us were thinking it.

I have 30 MB/sec d/l speed and it says about 45 minutes to go with 14% downloaded already. How big is this thing? Or, is it slow cos everyone is d/l at same time?

Possibly. I theoretically have 50mb/s downstream, but rarely actually see this from any one source. There could be bottleneck in any of a number of places between BFC's servers and your machine.

The interwebs are like plumbing; it doesn't matter how big your faucet is, you only get as much water as can flow through the narrowest junction.