Patch released!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Battlefront !

Just one question : with this patch, will portable AT weapons be able to fire from inside buildings ?

Yes; this was added with Market Garden/2.10. If you do not have Market Garden and are upgrading the base game, or base game + CW, this patch will add all of the game engine improvements included in 2.10/Market Garden to your game, as well as some additional improvements/fixes for 2.11.

Edit to add: Note that you do need to have the 2.0 upgrade to apply this patch -- if you're still playing a 1.x version of CMBN, you're stuck there.

OK, so the announcement says I won't be asked to "activate" the game if the install was done correctly. When downloading, as usual it asked if I wanted to run or save the file...si I hit "Run". But I did get asked for my license/serial number, so I copied/pasted it from my BFC purchase email, finished the install, and the loading screen does say "v2.11". So is my install f*cked up or what?

OK, so the announcement says I won't be asked to "activate" the game if the install was done correctly. When downloading, as usual it asked if I wanted to run or save the file...si I hit "Run". But I did get asked for my license/serial number, so I copied/pasted it from my BFC purchase email, finished the install, and the loading screen does say "v2.11". So is my install f*cked up or what?

It happened to me too. Such a POS licensing system.

Leaving the mod folder in during installation will not cause problems. Incompatible mods in your mod folder may cause problems when running the new version, so the best way to approach a new version is to remove all mods, then add them back in one by one so you know which, if any, mods are incompatible.

Edit to add: Note that you do need to have the 2.0 upgrade to apply this patch -- if you're still playing a 1.x version of CMBN, you're stuck there.

Hopefully there will be the long-awaited 1.12 patch that sorts out things like mortar zeroing and the MG behaviour parameters, as well, soon.

Hopefully there will be the long-awaited 1.12 patch that sorts out things like mortar zeroing and the MG behaviour parameters, as well, soon.

From another thread, BF has apparently decided not to continue patching CMBN 1.x:

"We never intended to support the previous v1.x beyond any immediate, short term technical problems caused by changes in OSes or what not. Provided they could be reasonably addressed. I had also hoped we could back a few of the v2.0 fixes as a one time "gift" to the v1.x crowd. But it didn't turn out that way for two reasons:

1. Pretty much all players who are still interested in playing have upgraded.

2. The fixes were not easily backed into the old v1.x code base.

It is simply not worth our limited time and resources to fix things for a handful of people that haven't upgraded but still play CMBN. If they REALLY like playing the game and REALLY want the fixes then why haven't they upgraded? Further, why should the vast and overwhelming majority of paying customers have their game experience harmed by us being distracted supporting a handful of people who are no longer paying customers?

Sure, in a perfect world we'd continue to patch older games to fix bugs. But we all live in the real world and that's just not practical to do. So we patch the games until they are stable and playable. No game, no piece of software, is ever bug free and perfect. At some point we have to declare our past games "good enough" and move on.

Steve"

BTW, I had forgotten to remove mods too...

I suspect in only a couple mod types that cause problems. Whenever there's a patch someone invariably has issues and its invariable that one mod they've got in their folder. :)

I was a bit puzzled during updating because Setup UI says it's 2.0 update, not 2.11.

I think '2.0' is considered the game 'family', its telling you not to patch v1.11, in other words.

Has anyone already seen some improvements?

Bigtime. :D