Patch released!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help! Running Mac Mavericks, and getting following error when double clicking on package:

CMFI v111 installer.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Safari downloaded this file today at 21:40 from battlefront.sharefile.com

EDIT - same error on CMBN patch.

Help! Running Mac Mavericks, and getting following error when double clicking on package:

CMFI v111 installer.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Safari downloaded this file today at 21:40 from battlefront.sharefile.com

EDIT - same error on CMBN patch.

Go to System Preferences --> Security and Privacy and temporarily allow Apps downloaded from anywhere; this should allow you to run the installers.

Make sure to go back and reset this setting after you're done, as it's not a good idea to leave it this way long term.

Go to System Preferences --> Security and Privacy and temporarily allow Apps downloaded from anywhere; this should allow you to run the installers.

Make sure to go back and reset this setting after you're done, as it's not a good idea to leave it this way long term.

That was quick!! Thanks :)

thanks for the patch!

but is the surprise steve was talking about included in the patch?

Yup :) We did some major reengineering to improve both FPS and draw distances. It can also have a positive effect on Model Quality and Shadows. It all depends on your particular system and what scenario you're looking at.

But... I loaded Wittmann's Demise and it had the same distance dropouts. This improvement only effects stock scenarios?

While the improvements are somewhat dependent upon scenario composition, old or new are treated the same way. Try bumping up your quality settings. The settings still have an effect on the top end quality.

The actual performances increases in FPS and draw distance are definitely heavily system dependent and specific to what is in a scenario. But everybody should notice some degree of significant improvements in both areas overall. Some people will see massive differences. We had testers that literally doubled their framerates at times. 20% is probably more the average level of improvement.

Steve

From another thread, BF has apparently decided not to continue patching CMBN 1.x:

[snip]

Well, that's one I missed. Or erased from memory. Personally, it sounds like a crock. Bugs fixed for free, they say. Modular code, they say. Can't change parameters, they say. Testing changes too complicated, they say.

Which is it?

Can't say I'm surprised, in the end. I certainly shan't be defending BFC's upgrade model in the future with as much conviction as historically.

Well, that's one I missed. Or erased from memory. Personally, it sounds like a crock. Bugs fixed for free, they say. Modular code, they say. Can't change parameters, they say. Testing changes too complicated, they say.

Which is it?

Can't say I'm surprised, in the end. I certainly shan't be defending BFC's upgrade model in the future with as much conviction as historically.

Geez man, have a bad day? BF always said they would only keep the current and the immediately preceding version up to date. Why look at the glass as half full when you are likely at 2.x already instead of taking that as a hopeful sign that 3.0 development is moving ahead?

Thanks bf for this patch i got a lot of new features for free with this patch! I am looking forward to buy myself MG as Christmas present.

I just tested close assaulting tanks and it works great with the new aiming penalty but would it be possible to make firing below and beyond the max and min elevation impossible for immobilized tanks?

Or much simpler and less error prone: right- or ctrl-click on the package and choose 'open'. Ok the dialog and there you go. OSX only stops double-click starting of unsigned programs.

Try bumping up your quality settings. The settings still have an effect on the top end quality.

That didn't work. It only increased load times by 5X. Here's a screenshot from the stock scenario NEDforce, rated 'Large'. A vast improvement. Draw distance is acceptable, notice the grain textures:

CM_Normandy_2013_11_16_16_22_50_18.jpg

image search

Wittmann's demise, also 'Large', no improvement:

CM_Normandy_2013_11_16_16_36_46_77.png

capture screen

That didn't work. It only increased load times by 5X. Here's a screenshot from the stock scenario NEDforce, rated 'Large'. A vast improvement. Draw distance is acceptable, notice the grain textures:

CM_Normandy_2013_11_16_16_22_50_18.jpg

image search

Wittmann's demise, also 'Large', no improvement:

CM_Normandy_2013_11_16_16_36_46_77.png

capture screen

I'm playing a PBEM with Witman's demise, I think there is improvement on pace and fps , there is some smoothness while moving with mouse on the battlefield

Geez man, have a bad day? BF always said they would only keep the current and the immediately preceding version up to date. Why look at the glass as half full when you are likely at 2.x already instead of taking that as a hopeful sign that 3.0 development is moving ahead?

England got beaten by New Zealand at rugby today. Not wholly unexpected but you still feel like kicking the cat :mad:

England got beaten by New Zealand at rugby today. Not wholly unexpected but you still feel like kicking the cat :mad:

I feel for you. My wife and I returned about a year and a half ago from living and working in England for 3 years. We became big rugby fans. Enjoyed the national teams and our local Barrow Raiders (Rugby League). Six Nations was always exciting.