CMFI patch v1.01 is here

akd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed and it is asking me to activate the game again. I am 99% sure that I have installed everything correctly (I can see 1.01 files in the right places in the game directory).

Should I just activate again or wait for a hotfix? Has anyone else run into the same issue?

Edit: Re-activated and seems everything is working fine. It's just that the patch readme was lying in that you do not need to activate again after patching.

M3 GMC and T30 halftracks correctly move a crewman to replace a howitzer gunner casualty.

That's handy as that gunner casualty had me scratching my head when it happened in a recent scenario. Even tried disembarking everyone and loaded up with a MG crew in the vain hope some skills would be transferable - while the HT would still motor round there was no getting the main gun to fire again.

That's handy as that gunner casualty had me scratching my head when it happened in a recent scenario. Even tried disembarking everyone and loaded up with a MG crew in the vain hope some skills would be transferable - while the HT would still motor round there was no getting the main gun to fire again.

I just loaded a platoon command team on and the gun started firing again, but yes it's good they fixed it.

What about the laser-guided mini-me mortar issue?

Thanks,

Gerry

Addressed in the dropdown list of fixes:

Corrected an issue that allowed mortars to estimate range-to-target correctly too easily when changing targets.

This is due to the thread, here, http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=106327 , which brought this issue to the forefront.

Thanks,

Ken

Might as well post the full fix list. Even the Beta guys didn't get to see a full fix list before release. :)

•Mortars work better with the Target Briefly command.

•Target Briefly command works when attached to waypoints.

•Corrected a problem with marking mines making a unit get 'stuck'.

•Breda M30 LMG reloads more slowly.

•Breda M37 MMG reloads more quickly.

•Easier to delete old saved games.

•Minor corrections to soldier uniform details.

•Clear Target command key is user-configurable.

•Fixed a trick that allowed mortars to retain existing LOF after moving to a blocked position.

•Driver is shown in the PSW 233.

•M3 GMC and T30 halftracks correctly move a crewman to replace a howitzer gunner casualty.

•TacAI makes better decisions about using HE vs. HEAT against building area targets.

•Renault R35 shows correct icon for coaxial MG.

•Corrections to small-arms ammo inside Italian bunkers.

•Corrected an issue that allowed mortars to estimate range-to-target correctly too easily when changing targets.

•Corrected crash bugs at the end game screen, and the command key configuration screen.

•On-map artillery makes proper use of smoke ammunition carried by nearby bearers and vehicles.

•Fixed a problem that caused buddy aid occasionally to adopt the targeting orders of the fallen comrades.

•Small explosions cause less damage to vehicle tracks.

•Corrected a small problem that showed the wrong time length for some battles in the loading screen.

•Corrected a small problem with the command and control icons just after a squad is split.

•Updated shaders.

•Small corrections to models for Sdkfz 231 and 233.

•Corrected a problem with corner handling in the scenario editor's automatic linear terrain tool.

•fixed QB map issues fixed, including AI enemy not moving quickly enough

•some Meeting Engagement maps were re-balanced.

Last Updated ( Tuesday, 23 October 2012 )

It says it's safe for current save games - so does that mean PBEM's are safe, too?

This has worked for me in the past:

I will explain to you the procedure to follow to convert the PBEM turns. You start the 1.00 game and load a 1.00 turn.You watch the replay and click the red button to go the order giving phase. Here you save the turn. So you don't click the red button again, but instead find the save menu and make a save game.

Once you have done that for all your PBEM games, you patch the game to 1.01 and load the 1.00 savegame you made earlier. You continue giving orders and press the red button once finished. Voilà you have converted the turn :)

Note that you can also have both copies of the game on your computer. You just need to make copy of the whole game folder and that folder CMFI-V1.00 and the patch as usual.

Corrected an issue that allowed mortars to estimate range-to-target correctly too easily when changing targets.

This is due to the thread, here, http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=106327 , which brought this issue to the forefront.

Thanks,

Ken

Wait, can you repeat that again? Are you saying BF took something a user reported on the forum in Sept and applied it to a patch released in October?!! OMFG I thought BF NEVER listened to their user community or fixed anything.

Okay yes I am being a bit sarcastic, but the point deserves to be made as often as they have been accused of not addressing items.

And thank you Nitouche for catching it.

Wait, can you repeat that again? Are you saying BF took something a user reported on the forum in Sept and applied it to a patch released in October?!! OMFG I thought BF NEVER listened to their user community or fixed anything.

Okay yes I am being a bit sarcastic, but the point deserves to be made as often as they have been accused of not addressing items.

And thank you Nitouche for catching it.

Bastardos! They listen - nae listen to customers! Never! :D

This has worked for me in the past:

Quote:

I will explain to you the procedure to follow to convert the PBEM turns. You start the 1.00 game and load a 1.00 turn.You watch the replay and click the red button to go the order giving phase. Here you save the turn. So you don't click the red button again, but instead find the save menu and make a save game.

Once you have done that for all your PBEM games, you patch the game to 1.01 and load the 1.00 savegame you made earlier. You continue giving orders and press the red button once finished. Voilà you have converted the turn

Note that you can also have both copies of the game on your computer. You just need to make copy of the whole game folder and that folder CMFI-V1.00 and the patch as usual.

Awesome! Thanks. It sounds like a logical way to get PBEM's patched up mid-game.

I'll post that tip on TheBlitz.org too, which is the ladder site that I often play at. However - I'll be sure to tell them I haven't tried it yet, though it seems like it will work. :)

Thanks Ken.

Wondering if there has been any change to the lethality of the light mortars relative to other weapons. Or if there has been a change to the protective actions troops under mortar fire will take?

Gerry

Thanks,

Ken

ABT!

(About Damn Time!) ;)

No, no, no, no ,no... ADT! is when the CMBN (or to be more accurate, CW) patch comes out. :rolleyes:

Please don't get me wrong, because I am enjoying CMFI, but I'd really like to go back to Normandy. Actually, in CMFI, the only bug patched that I'd noticed was the T30 gunner casualty issue. Well, there's the wandering, awol crew member thing, too, but that's in both games.

How long has CW been out? :confused: I can't remember, because the first thing I did was fire up the KG Engel campaign, finish the first scenario, start the second and watch the game crash because of the red-button-wire thingy. I have not played CMBN since.

BFC... Puh-lease patch 1.10!

If you downloaded it from one of our mirrors, it's highly unlikely that it's tainted. If the ZIP file opens and the app runs, it's highly unlikely that it's corrupted. We did not sign the app.

The various mirrors often insert promo files into the ZIP. They're not altering the installer. I'm not sure what you'd like me to hash for you, but I'd be happy to if that would help you somehow. We will not be re-releasing the patch to include a signature.