CMFI patch v1.01 is here

akd

After spending the last 30 minutes trying to download from all 3 of your shister AD infested, lobby mirrors, I have given up hope before I end up throwing something at my monotor. IMO I find it sad that you won't even provide your own link for the download to your customers who have paid for this product! And instead force us to play this ludicrous ad game with these rip off artist, mirror sites! That take pride in seeing how to trick you into buying products from these white collar thieves that I so despise!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending the last 30 minutes trying to download from all 3 of your shister AD infested, lobby mirrors, I have given up hope before I end up throwing something at my monotor. IMO I find it sad that you won't even provide your own link for the download to your customers who have paid for this product! And instead force us to play this ludicrous ad game with these rip off artist, mirror sites! That take pride in seeing how to trick you into buying products from these white collar thieves that I so despise!

Hmm.

I didn't have any problem apart from the usual de-quarantining thing with Norton.

SLR

I go to mirror sites all the time and somehow I've managed to not click on something I don't recognize, go through the process of filling out an order form, and receive something I didn't know I ordered. Guess I've been lucky?

We used to offer downloads off our own servers, but too many times we ran into problems with scalability. Funny, people here seemed to be a lot more upset when they couldn't download at all, or at a super fast speed, because we had our servers maxed out. Then we moved to a cloud service which eliminated the scalability problem but introduce a significant cost to us. Since that cost is ultimately paid for by you, our customers, we thought it would be better to have you click around a popup ad for free than have us increase our pricing.

Whoever coined the phrase "free market" was being ironic, I think, because there's certainly nothing free about it.

Steve

It's good to get you guys a patch like this. It's a bit of a challenge working on 4 things at one time, but fortunately now that we have the Upgrade concept every improvement for one release is an advance for another (as applicable to the content, of course).

More stuff from us soon. Promise :D

Steve

Thanks for the patch, and looking very much forward to the patch and v2 upgrade of CMBN. Oh, and Market Garden ofcourse. Good times!

Wait, can you repeat that again? Are you saying BF took something a user reported on the forum in Sept and applied it to a patch released in October?!! OMFG I thought BF NEVER listened to their user community or fixed anything.

Okay yes I am being a bit sarcastic, but the point deserves to be made as often as they have been accused of not addressing items.

I was excited to see:

•Target Briefly command works when attached to waypoints.

If it was as a result of an issue I raised (late August - http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105976&highlight=target+briefly+tanks), you can make that twice in one patch they listened to the community :)

Actually, they left a very nice post at the end of my thread, so it would make me very happy if something I spotted helped to make the game better.

We used to offer downloads off our own servers, but too many times we ran into problems with scalability. Funny, people here seemed to be a lot more upset when they couldn't download at all, or at a super fast speed, because we had our servers maxed out. Then we moved to a cloud service which eliminated the scalability problem but introduce a significant cost to us. Since that cost is ultimately paid for by you, our customers, we thought it would be better to have you click around a popup ad for free than have us increase our pricing.

Thanks for the patch, but have you thought about using something like Dropbox to share the patches/files? They don't charge for the traffic and I doubt CM community can take their servers down so easily. And by sharing I don't mean your clients will need to install Dropbox or something like that, all they will get is a direct URL to the patch file in your Dropbox account they can download.

Well, I went to gamershall. Clicked on the link for the patch - it said my download was ready and then I clicked that and downloaded it and it was done it about 4 minutes. No issue at all. Really - why exagerrate ?

Can you post the SHA1 of "CMFI v1.01 Patch Installer.zip"?

It will help me because I will know the file has not been modified by a third party

(I am certainly not interested in promo material from third parties).

Thanks,

michal.

The promo files are separate to the installer - really - its just a text file and a lnk file but they are in the zip file so the info about the zip will be of no use to you. Do you think bandwidth is free ? Why are there so many prima donnas here ?

It's good to get you guys a patch like this. It's a bit of a challenge working on 4 things at one time, but fortunately now that we have the Upgrade concept every improvement for one release is an advance for another (as applicable to the content, of course).

More stuff from us soon. Promise :D

Steve

Mmmmmmm now this is getting interesting. Stuff on its way soon!!!

Thanks for the patch, but have you thought about using something like Dropbox to share the patches/files? They don't charge for the traffic and I doubt CM community can take their servers down so easily. And by sharing I don't mean your clients will need to install Dropbox or something like that, all they will get is a direct URL to the patch file in your Dropbox account they can download.

I do think this is a worthwhile option to explore.

While it's not something I'd bitch and moan about, it is a little offputting to go to those sites full of ads and try to work out which one is the real link that you want...

GaJ

I do think this is a worthwhile option to explore.

While it's not something I'd bitch and moan about, it is a little offputting to go to those sites full of ads and try to work out which one is the real link that you want...

GaJ

Use an adblock plugin, that's what I do at least. Besides I'm not sure if dropbox is free for businesses (could be completely wrong though).

Good fix list, but I'm surprised to see no mention of the insta-deploy bug. Are there plans to fix it in the future or was Womble correct that 0 deploy time has become a feature?

I was hoping they'd fixed it then omitted it from the list, but no. As soon as the last man arrives at the waypoint where a Deploy order has been given, or as soon as the "Go" button is clicked for a wego turn after a stationary weapon has been given a deploy order, the weapon is ready for use. Tested so far with Brixia, German 81mm and American 50mm.

O.K. I was able to find Waldo over at ausgamers,thanks for that link. We always have to be 1 step ahead of these rip-off artist's at these mirror sites and that is no egzageration, and it is my duty to report these issues when I encounter them.

Thank you for your prompt reply Steve and I will keep buying all CM products.....drool,drool, lol..........

<snip>it is a little offputting to go to those sites full of ads and try to work out which one is the real link that you want...<snip>

Yep - I feel the same way. I am sure you guys are using more reputable sites but the last two times I have been infected with a Trojon horse was due to similar sites (once was my son and once was my own fault). When I end up on a site that makes it hard to identify the real link vs the stuff I don't want or worse: my opening position is to close the site and revisit if I really want the software. Since this came from BFC I felt safe enough figuring out what to click on.

Honestly though, I would rather pay more for the original game so I can download from a BFC server. Really I mean it :)

For a long time I was leery of these hosting sites. I now use Gamershell frequently. They include two extra files in every zip. One is a link to Gameshell and the other is a tiny word or note document. (I think. Shrug.)

Whenever I unzip a file from them, I reflexively delete the two extraneous files, then move the download into my archive, to save for future installs/OS wipes.

It is a non-event.

(I do sympathize with the desire to avoid 3rd party entanglements. However, I don't want to pay for downloads. Nor do I want to wait for 2400 baud rate downloads from BF.C.)

Ken

I was hoping they'd fixed it then omitted it from the list, but no. As soon as the last man arrives at the waypoint where a Deploy order has been given, or as soon as the "Go" button is clicked for a wego turn after a stationary weapon has been given a deploy order, the weapon is ready for use. Tested so far with Brixia, German 81mm and American 50mm.

You sure? Visually, yes, it shows 'deployed' immediately. And I've only seen the 'deploying' message once but, in the example of 60m mortar ammo, it takes 10-30 seconds after deployment before it begins to deplete.There's considerable variation. 80m mortars show similar delays though, according to the unit display, they're supposed to take twice as long as the 60s. AT guns now exhibit listed deploy and pack-up delays. MGs, less. The picture's confusing.

Edit: Also,pressing alt-r in 1.01, I still get only 'shaders off'. Unlike the Demo where that feature worked.

For a long time I was leery of these hosting sites. I now use Gamershell frequently. They include two extra files in every zip. One is a link to Gameshell and the other is a tiny word or note document. (I think. Shrug.)

Whenever I unzip a file from them, I reflexively delete the two extraneous files, then move the download into my archive, to save for future installs/OS wipes.

It is a non-event.

(I do sympathize with the desire to avoid 3rd party entanglements. However, I don't want to pay for downloads. Nor do I want to wait for 2400 baud rate downloads from BF.C.)

Ken

Always and I say again always go for gamershell if it's on as a mirror...