CMFI patch v1.01 is here

akd

Well, I went to gamershall. Clicked on the link for the patch - it said my download was ready and then I clicked that and downloaded it and it was done it about 4 minutes. No issue at all. Really - why exagerrate ?

Same here. Except at Gamershell website itself, I haven't seen hide nor hair of any ads. And I had no problem avoiding any ads on the website that I wasn't interested in. So, what's the problem?

Michael

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. Except at Gamershell website itself, I haven't seen hide nor hair of any ads. And I had no problem avoiding any ads on the website that I wasn't interested in. So, what's the problem?

Michael

The problem is that is not the same experience I had. Or can your selfish know it all brain not figure that out?

And now the latest problem is that Norton detects a Trojan virus and will not install the patch or has Smithers already figured out that problem too??Why you are so smart. I wish i was as smart as you.

I would like to say some other things to you but you are not worth being banned over.

The problem is that is not the same experience I had. Or can your selfish know it all brain not figure that out?

And now the latest problem is that Norton detects a Trojan virus and will not install the patch or has Smithers already figured out that problem too??Why you are so smart. I wish i was as smart as you.

I would like to say some other things to you but you are not worth being banned over.

Seriously - what is your problem. This is a reputable site. The big red button with "Download " on it may be a clue ?

http://www.gamershell.com/download_95037.shtml

Aside from that there are a couple of obvious ads ?

The Norton issue is just that. A norton issue. Do you expect BF to write a virus checker as well. The norton issue has uninstalled every exe since CMSF - so its hardly new and easily rectifiable.

Uh, jeez buddy, I get it that you are frustrated and all, but I'm not the source of your troubles, honest. And as you say, I'm not worth getting banned over. Go easy.

Michael

Well, I am reporting so far I have opened two different HtoH games and the patch is messing up the graphics. Building textures are corrupt AND ALL ONE TONE and callapsed walls shows the existing wall outline.

IT MIGHT BE THAT I NEED TO DO A SAVE TRICK OF SOME TYPE. BUT IS NOT LOOKING PROMISING AT AT MOMENT

Oh, no, I just started a new game and it has the same problem, all my buildings are a brown tone. Great sounds like a reinstall is in order for me.

I wonder what happened, I dont even use mods.

Well, for what it's worth.. I did the "save trick" mentioned in this thread, to convert the 1.0 pbem save into a 1.01, and it seems to have worked.

In one PBEM, we converted our turn into the patched version and the buildings looked fine (it's at night though, so not sure if that matters).

In another PBEM, we started a new game with the latest version and it looks fine.

Gamershell is great. And if you aren't in a big hurry, the bittorrent version is reliable.

I use McAfee SiteAdvisor, and as soon as Gamershell loaded, I got a McAfee screen saying "WHOA! Are you sure you want to go there?"

I've learned the hard way not to spend much time on sites they recommend against... I went somewhere else to get my d'load.

Oh, no, I just started a new game and it has the same problem, all my buildings are a brown tone. Great sounds like a reinstall is in order for me.

I wonder what happened, I dont even use mods.

You sure you have nothing in mods folder or in data/z in the root directory?

Well, I had to uninstall CMFI and reinstall it to get version 1.0 to even work again, then I installed Version 1.01 and the same issue happened again. So no question about it, I am getting graphic issues with bldgs with the patch.

slysniper,

No beta ran into this issue when testing the patch. Congratulations on blazing a new trail! Okay, that was the old "lemonade out of lemons" attempt. I think your best bet is either opening a thread in the Tech Support forum or creating a help desk ticket.

A wipe and reload would've my best guess. And I emphasize "guess".

Ken

slysniper,

No beta ran into this issue when testing the patch. Congratulations on blazing a new trail! Okay, that was the old "lemonade out of lemons" attempt. I think your best bet is either opening a thread in the Tech Support forum or creating a help desk ticket.

A wipe and reload would've my best guess. And I emphasize "guess".

Ken

I have the treads there also. With the reinstall, version 1.0 is working fine.

Is there anyway it could be the scenarios I am testing once i go into version 1.01

One undocumented addition...I think. I just noticed that if you give a tank an unbutton command, it executes it immediately. Before, it always seemed that it wasn't until the start of the playback that it would open up. I like this because it gives immediate confirmation that the order was received. If you hit the key again, the TC closes back down. You can have him popping up and down all day long if that amuses you. Some of you are like that. You know who you are.

Michael

I've seen these two extra files but what assurance do you have that that is ALL they add?

How do you know that CMFI v1.01 Patch Installer.mpkg/Contents/Packages/combatMissionFortressItaly.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz is unmodified for example?

It would be nice if BFC made a couple of options available so that customers could make their own choice. I recognise that your preference is a fast download from a 3rd party site, but my preference is direct download from BFC (even at 2400 baud :)

Because if a Mac is anything like a pc, it's not that easy to deconstruct an installer and repack it, I believe this is one of the point of using an installer in the first place.

And how can you be sure that no-one hacks the BFC servers and replace their files with an infected file :P

It's actually trivial. The contents of the installer are just a cpio file.

Of course you can never be sure, but eliminating the 3rd party decreases the risk...

Ah I did not know this. However the contents are either game content (i.e. graphics files and proprietary content such as scenario file) or a binary executable. I still think that the chances of tampering are very slim.

So is this confirmed then? The deploy bug which has been with us for a long time is still not fixed?

To the best of my knowledge this bug has been fixed. If you come across indications that it's not for any particular weapon, please let us know.

To the best of my knowledge this bug has been fixed. If you come across indications that it's not for any particular weapon, please let us know.

Phil, it's still not working right. I just tested it with the MG42 HMG, MG34 HMG, and the German 81mm mortar. In all cases the weapon instantly deployed when the team reached the waypoint marker with the Deploy command enabled.