CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

It is done.  There are no other living soldiers in the cemetery now, only Hans and his comrades.   Hans looks down at the dead Ami.  There is very little blood so the killing shot must have been quick.  Hans doesn’t know if it was rounds from his machine gun that ended this man’s life.  Not that it matters to the American, lying still in the dirt.  Small consolation that the soldier didn’t suffer.  That is what they all fear, a horrible death in agony – just let it be quick; Hans and his fellow soldiers feel the same way.

dcbpmg.jpg

He stands near the dead soldier for a moment, silently paying his respect to a brave soldier who refused to leave his fallen comrades and now joins them in death.  The Feldwebel knows what Hans is feeling and gives him a moment. 

Then the call rings out.  Form Up!  Gunfire rings out beyond the quiet of the cemetery walls.  The war goes on.  Hans turns and leaves the dead behind.  He is tired again, and still angry, but now just angry at the futility of it all.  He trudges towards the sound of the guns.

Heinrich505

It is done.  There are no other living soldiers in the cemetery now, only Hans and his comrades.   Hans looks down at the dead Ami.  There is very little blood so the killing shot must have been quick.  Hans doesn’t know if it was rounds from his machine gun that ended this man’s life.  Not that it matters to the American, lying still in the dirt.  Small consolation that the soldier didn’t suffer.  That is what they all fear, a horrible death in agony – just let it be quick; Hans and his fellow soldiers feel the same way.

dcbpmg.jpg

He stands near the dead soldier for a moment, silently paying his respect to a brave soldier who refused to leave his fallen comrades and now joins them in death.  The Feldwebel knows what Hans is feeling and gives him a moment. 

Then the call rings out.  Form Up!  Gunfire rings out beyond the quiet of the cemetery walls.  The war goes on.  Hans turns and leaves the dead behind.  He is tired again, and still angry, but now just angry at the futility of it all.  He trudges towards the sound of the guns.

Heinrich505

This is incredible stuff, Heinrich! A story I think is what we most times look for in screenshots, even if only subconsciously; you've given us one and that's fabulous. Keep it up!

7 other posts and this...

Heinrich505

And that Combat Mission fans, is how you do it. Heinrich is a god of the AAR.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

25gglf8.jpg

I've been away for a few days and when I checked this thread I found a completely different picture where the one above should be.  Very odd.  I've no idea how that happened.

I've reposted the correct screen shot.  Anime, indeed.  Sheesh.  Must have been hacked!

Mord, Bud, BLSTK, Warts n all, thanks for the kind words.  It gives me incentive. 

Heinrich505 

NPye     This place really looks like it is lived in, rather than existing just in a game. The love the rose window in one of the churches. Also, that fact that some of the windows in the houses are open whilst others are shuttered. I also think that having a street sign fixed to the wall of a building is a very realistic touch. A great piece of work.

Hi Guys I love this game and I make my own scenarios with buildings ive made.

Hi

These mods look really great. I seriously hope you´ll consider uploading them to GreenAsJade´s wonderful repository.

I´ll also suggest that you start a thread about them in the Maps and Mods forum, so we´ll be able to comment on them without hijacking this thread. I have a couple of questions/comments

Cheers

Hi guys thanks for the great comments, I will put on GAJ but i have a little tidying to do first ie, some of the windows dont fit 100% and look weird in gameplay, ive got, so many it gonna take some time but I could do them ie the churches, one at a time, i have to use a dongle as well and its really slow internet speeds but could upload from somewhere else. I'll check out how to do that umlaut. Cheers