CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Heres a picture I took of some of my riflemen firing over a low hedgerow at some Germans who were running through the open trying to escape. I thought it looked pretty cool so I figured I'd share it!

PowokI3.jpg

Here is what they were aiming at. (Note: the first German is falling after being hit, and the second was hit a mere second after this picture was taken)

iBN31mY.jpg

Edited by IICptMillerII

Well, these clips depict "Weserübung", the attack on Denmark (and Norway) - not Fall Weiss or Gelb (but I guess these actions would fall under that CM title). Thanks a lot for posting this. I agree it would be great to such have a game.

I am looking very much forward to seeing "9 april", these scenes look great. But I must admit that I find it a bit paradoxical to produce a movie about such a tiny battle (in WW II context) as this. Must seem rather strange to non-danes. But it seems to be very well made.

Been breaking in a friend who recently purchased CMBN; allowing him to attack in small/medium scenarios while I took "Green" or "Conscript" troops - he's a remarkably quick learner however and said he wanted to 'defend against something big.' Well then, my pleasure:

uQ0hoyn.jpg

August; just another day in the "Road March" War, when a German rearguard decides to make an issue of some small, anonymous hamlet, in short order two US Recon Jeeps are burning, both teams are able to bail out and grab cover.

dUiIUxl.jpg

Shermans of A/37th with some infantry from A/10 riding close behind attack the town from an unexpected direction, over a wheatfield, rushing to clear this roadblock as well as rescuing the pinned Reconnaissance elements. 

HXoooS0.jpg

PaKs, being labored into position by hand, are rapidly dealt with by massed fire from the Sherman platoon, the infantry keeping the crews from the breech with MG fire:

Ul4d9VZ.jpg

The Infantry begin attacking in bounds towards the small hamlet, consisting of a church, a gas station, and a handful of bungalows. Of note however, is a small 3 story building that also forms part of the small crossroads - a key place to take.

gwk68pP.jpg

fj90Uc2.jpg

Germans rush to forward positions to contest this, and a handful are hit as they dash to the edge of the hamlet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

28-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCo

CMBN vanilla + Aris vehicle + War Movie ADVANCED for CMBN v1.12http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2747 )

12-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCo

CMBN vanilla + Stock CM vehicle + War Movie ADVANCED for CMBN v1.12http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2747 )

8-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-sat-095

CMBN vanilla + Aris vehicle + War Movie ADVANCED for CMBN v1.12http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2747 )

31-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCo

unedited screenshoots from CMRT with CM Normandy terrain and foilage

Nice, very, very nice ........ me wants!!!!! 

Nice work, keep it up, Modders are ONE of the most amazing bonuses of PC Gaming, you guys are brill.

1 guy, hobby gameDev, enjoying time it takes to add a little spice to this unknown jewellery :)

Actually BF needs to keep on, cause regarding the current situation in the game industry, it seems impossible, at least in the West, for game like CM to appear again.

- For small team, with all the knowledge, advancements in developer tools, passion, hard working, sweat and tears, it will still take years to bring something of near quality. Remember that CM is in development for more than 15 years

- For large teams if, for some unknown reason, big money investor loose his minds and decide that there is a money to be made in serious wargaming, it would probably bring some disgusting features like: buy Sherman for $1 and Panther for $5; summer special - 20 Eastern front Tiger decals, only $10! (Steve would like this :) )

- Don't believe in crowdfunding for this type of game neither. 

Another route for BF is Unreal-time Strategy genre that requires only 300 clicks per seconds. Good games - nothing personally, but I was shocked when I tried few “what younger market wants” war games. 

Regarding modding, as much as I liked this, it's not always good to have open system. How many different modded grass and grain textures (few in the game, but occupying 50% of the screen) You must have in mind when doing shaders modding? Another Steve conquered the world with closed standardised “look and feel” system. 

But it's probably route to go for a small niche with devoted community. It probably doesn’t have to be niche that You must search on the edges of the Internet, and than go trough scary buying process on some obscure web site (only 10 downloads per year? - fury is coming on this :) ). After all war and humans are inseparable but that’s the story for another threads and totally OffTopic. Thanks!

@Rinaldi You really push vanilla CM to the max. Imagine Your screenshots with the War movie ADVANCED mode :)