Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

39 minutes ago, Mord said:

I took a shot at it back when SF2 first came out. It's not possible at least as far as I could tell. It about drove me crazy. It was hard enough trying to figure out how to do it in SF1. I never could, someone else did it. It may have been Blimey. Can't remember now. I suppose Muj are a mod too far. LOL.

Anyway, INCREDIBLE work with all this stuff. I'd love to see more like the radar tower. We sorely are in need of everyday type objects too. We should start a list that would make the environments feel more alive.

Mord.

I took a look and its not that easy like I imagined due to the fact that the Muj are not like CMSF1 insurgents.

Edited by Aquila-CM

7 minutes ago, Aquila-CM said:

I took a look and its not that easy like I imagined due to the fact that the Muj are not like CMSF1 insurgents.

Yes, they are piecemeal not all-in-one (like Combatants). I think some of the Muj models have three parts. That's why I am wondering if a completely new "all-in-one" model could be swapped with the combatants?

Like this

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/max-afghan-soldier/887725

or this

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/mujahideen-rigged-3d-model/888605

Do you think that could be possible?

Mord.

16 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

In the course of dozen playthroughs and experiments with Blender/CM2 Tools (http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118928-combat-mission-modding-tools/) several assets were created which I want to share with the community:

All these mods and many more can be found in this Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tviryry89g6py7/AAAJpSvGH6u1iEx4WzwVLSnJa?dl=0

needs to go on CMMODs.  You'll keep getting blocked for too many DLs :P 

10 minutes ago, Mord said:

Yes, they are piecemeal not all-in-one (like Combatants). I think some of the Muj models have three parts. That's why I am wondering if a completely new "all-in-one" model could be swapped with the combatants?

Like this

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/max-afghan-soldier/887725

or this

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/mujahideen-rigged-3d-model/888605

Do you think that could be possible?

Mord.

This is a question for @sbobovyc .

8 minutes ago, sburke said:

needs to go on CMMODs.  You'll keep getting blocked for too many DLs :P 

I´m not an author there, sent an email to become one but no answer. Either ways they´re currently renovating. I will share a new link tomorrow when the dp is unrestricted again. 

Edited by Aquila-CM

31 minutes ago, Aquila-CM said:

But isn't that exactly what you are doing? You are taking other models and replacing the game models with them. Is it different with infantry models?

Mord.

Edited by Mord

33 minutes ago, Mord said:

But isn't that exactly what you are doing? You are taking other models and replacing the game models with them. Is it different with infantry models?

Mord.

Infantry models are stored in .mds as for now they can´t be accessed by the Blender CM2 plugin. Only the plugin author can tell if this may become possible.

What about replacing a Syrian conventional branch like the Reserve with them? Perhaps there is a way.

Edited by Aquila-CM

4 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

I´m not an author there, sent an email to become one but no answer. Either ways they´re currently renovating. I will share a new link tomorrow when the dp is unrestricted again. 

Bootie has asked for no more uploads as dealing with those is slowing down implementation of CMMODS IV.  So, Dropbox is it for now.

Hey MOS...  Would these techniques enable you to make more realistic ships for your Coup scenario? 

13 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Bootie has asked for no more uploads as dealing with those is slowing down implementation of CMMODS IV.  So, Dropbox is it for now.

Hey MOS...  Would these techniques enable you to make more realistic ships for your Coup scenario? 

not if he wants to drive AAVs of em

6 hours ago, Mord said:

Ah, yeah as good as any. But I'd err on the side of caution just in case. Either way it killed some tricks that worked well.

I would love to see some Muj models in the game and it seems now that this new style is our only chance if it's even possible. I'd really like to see brand new models as the CMA ones were REALLY subpar even back then.

Mord.

The easiest way to stop model swaps would be just to hide the .mdr's (I've never seen a wall .mdr for instance) not get Charles to create an entirely new texture reading code.

Steve is no shrinking violet... if he had any problem with modding the games visuals (which model swapping is just an advanced form of) he'd have said something at some point during the last 20 years+.

In fact whenever he does mention the modders he's complimentary (for instance, his first comment in @sbobovyc's thread was to offer some advice)... heck they've hired half of 'em.

13 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

I wish i could mess around with this stuff right now. But i'm affraid i can't currently...

My old gaming computer gave up.😢

I agree with @JulianJ.

I just loaded up the CMSF2 Demo onto my spare PC... I bought it second hand five years ago so I'd imagine it's actually eight to ten years old.

Balanced, Balanced with Vsync, shaders, shadows & AA off and "The Alamo" is running smoothly at 30+ fps.

Only issue I saw was that the latest versions of Reshade didn't seem to want to work properly... but that's not a CM issue.

Edited by 37mm

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

7 hours ago, sburke said:

not if he wants to drive AAVs of em

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If the flavour object is big enough you could probably place terrain inside them, then use that as a spawn zone.....I was thinking of trying to connect that cargo ship to the shore with a couple of foot bridges. 

Yep this can work.  I already did a test with it.  The big flavor object cargo ship is placed on top of a modular building ship.  This cargo ship mod is so big it actually dwarfs some of the ships I have on test maps.  But it does work.  I also connected a cargo ship flavor object to a port using @RockinHarry bridge inside a building trick and then a cargo ship flavor object over the modular building ship.  

We just need the correct looking ships.  Roll on roll off (or LST like) ships with big doors where the bridges can be connected to.  Then of course warship flavor objects to be placed over the warship modular buildings.  Probably a lot of work but it is possible.  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

11 hours ago, sburke said:

Quick someone light the @Bootie man signal!

The super hero we need. :D

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

Bootie has asked for no more uploads as dealing with those is slowing down implementation of CMMODS IV.

He did but he also said you could contact him and he would upload to the new site himself while he is working on it. So, @Aquila-CM I suggest sending @Bootie a PM letting him know what you have and you guys can coordinate getting the files on his new site.

PYUp9rs.png

Its "CM Container Closed" in the OneDrive folder.

A Black Hawk Down or an african theatre campaign in general would be a dream.

I am always using the small crate1.mdr as a primer for the custom models but I believe its ill-suited as bigger objects would likely lead to less FOV issues. What is the biggest (widest) original flavor object one can find in the CM2 family?

Edited by Aquila-CM

2 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

What is the biggest (widest) original flavor object one can find in the CM2 family?  

The biggest original flavor object I can think of is probably the two CMBS Kiosks.  The sheds in the WW2 titles are a bit smaller than the kiosks but a decent size. 

Actually I think CM Afghanistan probably has the largest flavor objects.  The shelters which are a little bigger than a CMBS kiosk.  There are also two large (for CM) farm wagons.