Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

4 minutes ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

i Just downloaded 2.78. its working now. But im trying to add surpressors and after i export the mdr. the weapon doesnt show up in game. 

The version that is accepted to import export mdr is only the 279b describe from Aquila others other doesn't work untill that I know.

Read the detailed text again.

Edited by JM Stuff

1 minute ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

im downloading 2.79 now. Willl that help with my new models not showing up?

Do your best with the 279 or another one I just tell you the 279b, but ok perhaps the vers have to do with the script from sbobovich, if this work you will be an happy man.

Cheers

1 minute ago, JM Stuff said:

Do your best with the 279 or another one I just tell you the 279b, but ok perhaps the vers have to do with the script from sbobovich, if this work you will be an happy man.

Cheers

It works. I was able to add the plugins. but im still having issues with the weapon not showing up after i parent the suppressor onto the weapon and export it

18 minutes ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

It works. I was able to add the plugins. but im still having issues with the weapon not showing up after i parent the suppressor onto the weapon and export it

When you said...I was able to swap the model...

Are you not working with Blender already ?

Just swapping mdr bmp...files with another software or how I have to understand?

Edited by JM Stuff

so i learned that you dont have to have blender in order to swap models. all you have to do is rename the model you want to import and move them to the appropriate game. for example. I found the infantryman brz files from SF2 and used the same brz files from CMBS. So now the infantry models from black sea i can now use in SF2

19 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

When you said...I was able to swap the model...

Are you not working with Blender already ?

Just swapping mdr bmp...files with another software or how I have to understand?

5 minutes ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

so i learned that you dont have to have blender in order to swap models. all you have to do is rename the model you want to import and move them to the appropriate game. for example. I found the infantryman brz files from SF2 and used the same brz files from CMBS. So now the infantry models from black sea i can now use in SF2

Very nice job, so why you need Blender now?

Anyway, propose you to send me the mdr bmp... from original and the change that you would like in a separate folder.
I will try, don't promess you nothing so don't beat me.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Very nice job, so why you need Blender now?

Anyway, propose you to send me the mdr bmp... from original and the change that you would like in a separate folder.
I will try, don't promess you nothing so don't beat me.

Cheers

im using blender now because im trying to add surpressors. But the weapon doesnt show up in game. yeah ill send you the files. the surpressor is a FBX. file

Just now, ViperAssassin26 said:

im using blender now because im trying to add surpressors. But the weapon doesnt show up in game. yeah ill send you the files. the surpressor is a FBX. file

ok fbx is already a different file, not always compatible, but yes IF YOU WANT, send me the files, I will try to help you.

RkGRIF.png

Watch out for this important update next week...

Battle for Berlin Notes V2.1

After feedback from the BF community I have updated and put right a few issues on some of the scenario maps including:

• Set up of the forces was wrong on some of the maps. Fixed.

• Missing Axis troops. Fxed.

• Mission Objectives missing on Kroll Opera House. Fixed.

• A map was missing completely called Assault the Reichstag. Fixed.

• Plus some other minor issues fixed.

If you note anything that looks wrong, please contact me and I will look into.

New scenarios coming soon. Thank you for your time.

RkGCQq.png

OUT NOW - Battle for Berlin V2.1

After feedback from the BF community I have updated and put right a few issues on some of the scenario maps including:

Set up of the forces was wrong on some of the maps. Now fixed.

• Missing Axis troops. Now fixed.

• Mission Objectives missing on Kroll Opera House. Fixed.

• A map was missing completely called Assault the Reichstag. Fixed.

• Plus some other minor issues fixed.

Put all these scenarios in your CMRT Scenarios Folder and click yes to replace.

If you note anything that looks wrong, please contact me and I will look into.

Thanks Spike (Warts and All) for all your help.

New scenarios coming soon. Thank you for your time.

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_yxmQ79p6N9tgssnPEbuSsLtU0hU-ku/view?usp=share_link

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,
Can someone replace the MT-LBU1V14 model with a model of the turretless BTR-D that the Russian VDV uses as a command vehicle please? I have used the mod in this compilation that changes the BMP-2 to the BMD-2, and I've got the mod that turns the Russian infantry into VDV, so I've basically got everything I need to create a full VDV unit besides the BTR-D model. If someone could help me out, that would be killer. Thanks!

Not sure if this matters, but I am referring to Black Sea vehicles.   

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I do not own CMBS. But I offer to try to walk you through doing it yourself...

It is just some file renaming. Very easy stuff if you have the files.

Well, thats the thing. There isn't a model for the BTR-D in the games already 😕
I'm still curious how you'd suggest doing this though, so please still explain.

20 minutes ago, TheFriendlyFelon said:

Well, thats the thing. There isn't a model for the BTR-D in the games already 😕
I'm still curious how you'd suggest doing this though, so please still explain.

Hmmm. OK.

I do not own CMCW but if you do, does CW have this BTR-D?

The below is copied from another thread of mine...

MDR SWAPPING 101

I write this from the perspective of a WW2 CM game fan...

If I CANNOT get a new influx of game-coded vehicles for the early war periods, I have to look at swapping a vehicle in for a specific mod. I will refer to this as mdr swapping other wise known as "mdr shenanigans".

We're all really just staring at a screen of spreadsheets fighting each other, right? Something like that? The armor ratings, the turret turn rate, rate of fire, etc.

I have taken the mdr file of one vehicle and renamed it to the mdr filename of another vehicle to get the on screen result I wanted. But the game engine knows what it really is and all the physics stays the same. The player is not happy to see a Romanian R-35 fire off a multi-round burst of main gun fire because underneath it is still a Lynx. So, sometimes these vehicle swaps are best limited to roles of battlefield debris, damaged tanks, etc. maybe set the ammo to severe, maybe use a conscript crew, send them down a mined road as part of an AI plan. AS AN EXAMPLE FROM CMRT ROMANIAN MOD, if CMRT had an actual R-35 on the axis side, then no "mdr shenanigans" would be required. CMFI has one on the axis side. 

We have apples, oranges and pears. If we can get a fuji apple to take the place of a macintosh apple, then maybe the overall results are not so awful. The R-35 layed over the Lynx wasn't so bad, I thought. I also did a T-34 from CMRT layed over the Panzer IV to be captured T-34 training for the invasion of Malta. Also, I did the Australian R-35 in CMFI Afrika Mod layed over the Stuart. 

My terms are "shell" vehicle mdr, the one you want to see in the game. It is on the outside like the shell of an egg. "host" vehicle mdr is on the inside, it is what the gamecode and associated physics see. 

1. Go get the folder for the shell vehicle (mdr files, bmp files, UI file), bring it to the new Z folder in a subfolder.

2. Then you must find the host mdr's folder and get the host mdr's mdr files, usually 3 or so?

3. Bring them into that same subfolder with the shell's stuff. Select the first host mdr file, then I hit F2 for rename then control c to copy the filename to the clitboard.

THEN DELETE THAT FILE.

4. Select the first file of the shell and hit F2 and hit ctrl v and also add in your [france1940] modtag at the end. hit enter

5. Do the same steps 3 and 4 for the other host files until all the original host mdr files are deleted and the shell files are all renamed with modtags.

The gamecode sees the hosts name but displays the shell on the screen in modtagged scenarios.

The last bit of icing on the cake is to modify the UI in game portrait or silhouette.

I like to try and use Juju's nice UI images for the shell vehicle or make your own and rename as host filename with modtag.

The bmps do not have to be renamed for vehicle mdr swaps

For uniform mds swapping, they do have to be renamed...

Edited by kohlenklau

11 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Hmmm. OK.

I do not own CMCW but if you do, does CW have this BTR-D?

The below is copied from another thread of mine...

MDR SWAPPING 101

I write this from the perspective of a WW2 CM game fan...

If I CANNOT get a new influx of game-coded vehicles for the early war periods, I have to look at swapping a vehicle in for a specific mod. I will refer to this as mdr swapping other wise known as "mdr shenanigans".

We're all really just staring at a screen of spreadsheets fighting each other, right? Something like that? The armor ratings, the turret turn rate, rate of fire, etc.

I have taken the mdr file of one vehicle and renamed it to the mdr filename of another vehicle to get the on screen result I wanted. But the game engine knows what it really is and all the physics stays the same. The player is not happy to see a Romanian R-35 fire off a multi-round burst of main gun fire because underneath it is still a Lynx. So, sometimes these vehicle swaps are best limited to roles of battlefield debris, damaged tanks, etc. maybe set the ammo to severe, maybe use a conscript crew, send them down a mined road as part of an AI plan. AS AN EXAMPLE FROM CMRT ROMANIAN MOD, if CMRT had an actual R-35 on the axis side, then no "mdr shenanigans" would be required. CMFI has one on the axis side. 

We have apples, oranges and pears. If we can get a fuji apple to take the place of a macintosh apple, then maybe the overall results are not so awful. The R-35 layed over the Lynx wasn't so bad, I thought. I also did a T-34 from CMRT layed over the Panzer IV to be captured T-34 training for the invasion of Malta. Also, I did the Australian R-35 in CMFI Afrika Mod layed over the Stuart. 

My terms are "shell" vehicle mdr, the one you want to see in the game. It is on the outside like the shell of an egg. "host" vehicle mdr is on the inside, it is what the gamecode and associated physics see. 

1. Go get the folder for the shell vehicle (mdr files, bmp files, UI file), bring it to the new Z folder in a subfolder.

2. Then you must find the host mdr's folder and get the host mdr's mdr files, usually 3 or so?

3. Bring them into that same subfolder with the shell's stuff. Select the first host mdr file, then I hit F2 for rename then control c to copy the filename to the clitboard.

THEN DELETE THAT FILE.

4. Select the first file of the shell and hit F2 and hit ctrl v and also add in your [france1940] modtag at the end. hit enter

5. Do the same steps 3 and 4 for the other host files until all the original host mdr files are deleted and the shell files are all renamed with modtags.

The gamecode sees the hosts name but displays the shell on the screen in modtagged scenarios.

The last bit of icing on the cake is to modify the UI in game portrait or silhouette.

I like to try and use Juju's nice UI images for the shell vehicle or make your own and rename as host filename with modtag.

The bmps do not have to be renamed for vehicle mdr swaps

For uniform mds swapping, they do have to be renamed...

This is definitely helpful and explained another issue I've been having. Thank you for sharing! That being said, no, the BTR-D does not exist in any of the games. Neither did the BMD-2 though, but the compilation in this thread has a vehicle swap mod that allows you to turn the BMP into a BMD. 🤔 Basically the BTR-D is just a BMD-2 without a turret.  

15 minutes ago, TheFriendlyFelon said:

Basically the BTR-D is just a BMD-2 without a turret.  

PM me and maybe we can figure it out. If you can dropbox me the files I can try and knock out the blender work. I visited Pagosa Springs last year. Your state has nice dispensaries.

Edited by kohlenklau