Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

33 minutes ago, sburke said:

cool, thanks!  Blackhawks and Humvees for me are no problem.  They(on urban maps which I typically use) would not be visible anyway, but the ship as a back drop I need more distance.

You should be fine with the draw distance when putting the cargo ship into one of these tall/big flavor object slots. However on big maps and very big flavor objects - such as the Cargo Ship - the limited draw distance of all flavor objects still can be noticed and it could be an idea to not use a flavor object slot at all but replace something like mentioned a vehicle (taxi, static t55 etc.) or an emplacement (bunker etc.).

Edited by Aquila-CM

11 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Great work 37mm. What made you choose this one for your first object?

Heaven & Earth will require a variety of boats to populate its waterways & coasts... my next task is a proper Sampan.

Then, of course, a PBR.

Outta likes, again, already!  :o

You guys gotta slow down!  :P

PS - @37mm Just out of interest, how does that little boat look between two 16m foot-bridges used as jetties, spaced one tile apart (hopefully you could find a map with such a configuration)?  :ph34r:

PPS - Does the depth of the water tile (Deep/Shallow Ford/Water) affect the sit of the object?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Captured/Insurgent M2 HMMWV V4

RTHvOIb.png

The M2 HMMWV being one of the few vehicles that can be made accessible to foreign crews in the editor I´ve created a highly randomized insurgent version with a frankensteined appearance to depict the lack of spare parts etc. However main goal was to test how far randomization can be done for a single vehicle. Here is the result:

- Will randomly display spare wheel

- Will randomly display gunners camo net

- Will randomly display makeshift door or other replacement doors in several colors

- Will randomly display the hatch in the back either in different colors or removed.

- Will randomly display frontal protection and tire mudflap.

How to do it:

1) When you want randomized gear in Blender, name a model part "gear" + (Number) there is a chance that it will displayed or not:

1) EXAMPLE: name spare wheel model "gear15". It might be displayed or not. You may get a vehicle with alot of "gear" models or you may get a vehicle with little "gear" models.

2) When you want your vehicle to display exactly ONE option of many use -optiona -optionb -optionc as suffix to the model name.

2) EXAMPLE: name spare wheel on the vehicle´s back face "spare-optiona" , name spare wheel on the left face of the vehicle "spare-optionb" etc.. Either the back face spare will appear or either the left face spare will show on the vehicle.

2) EXAMPLE2: name a door that uses a desert texture "hatch1-optiona", name a door that uses a woodland texture "hatch1-optionb", name a door that uses a blank texture "hatch1-optionc". Result: either or desert, or woodland, or a invisible/no door will appear. (I used this on the hatch in the back when you watch the Insurgent Humvee Showcase.)

3) Sometimes you may not want to have all options the same chance to display. For example I didn´t want half of the HMMWVs to have this makeshift door. I believe this little trick should work. Create several duplicated of the model you want to show often and name them for example: "hatch1-optiona" "hatch1-optionb" "hatch1-optionc". If you add now the model you rarely want to see with "hatch1-optiond" it should have an average appear chance of 25% in this example.

4) Was curious if weapons could be utilized with the -option feature and I added a DHSK to my Insurgent Humvee which then should be randomly displayed instead of the M2 but upon export it threw an error. 

Tiger with Camo Nets

jNvIBGL.png

1) The Tiger uses a quick recolored camo-net model & textures from the British CMSF vehicles. You can basicaly do this to all vehicles and it isn´t that time heavy. 

2) When adding camo or other stuff to the vehicles, make sure that you attach them to the correct parent. I.e. Camo nets for the turret should be attached to the turret so when the turret turns, the camo nets will follow and stay in place.

3) I tried to add CMFIs own bush models to the Tiger which looked beautiful in Blender. However in the games only the wooden base is visible. Perhaps someone else will figure this out or find an good bush substitute in the game files.

o3XzZv6.png

4) I am pretty sure there are more models suited for camo addons to be found in the CM game files.

Downloads in the cloud.

Edited by Aquila-CM

39 minutes ago, Aquila-CM said:

o3XzZv6.png

4) I am pretty sure there are more models suited for camo addons to be found in the CM game files.

Downloads in the cloud.

>>>>You have to change your avatar name to  Aquil-Ace CM <<<<<  ;) 

Edited by 3j2m7

1 hour ago, Aquila-CM said:

The M2 HMMWV being one of the few vehicles that can be made accessible to foreign crews in the editor I´ve created a highly randomized insurgent version with a frankensteined appearance to depict the lack of spare parts etc. However main goal was to test how far randomization can be done for a single vehicle.

I can see that finding some use.  :ph34r:

Apparently there is an exhibition for captured and improvised vehicles from Syria. An article covering it:

https://citeam.org/russias-syria-trophy-exhibition-mistakes-and-manipulation/?lang=en

I´ve included some objects into my latest playthrough and made some screenshots:

Train Engine Car + Couple Box Cars

qg2xvlp.png

Truck Pics

JfKobeq.png

MOS already made some beautiful billboards. I throw also one in.

Warning Sign:

y7kzgkH.png

I`ll put the texture into slot 2 of the billboard release but will also upload it directly to the clouds.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tviryry89g6py7/AAAJpSvGH6u1iEx4WzwVLSnJa?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agho21MGTssHaTHHgpIcaQWqWpU?e=vsLBGu

Edited by Aquila-CM