CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

In the centre, the 2 ordinary Shermans pushed forward and started harassing my infantry in the woods again.

CMFB 225 m1.png

The VG Panther moved forward a few more metres and is spotting. It has clear blue line LoS to the position of #9. I hope he sees it soon.
To help, I'm moving the nearby HMG team next to the Panther. 2 more binoculars... ;)

CMFB 225 p1.png

A final overview shows the situation in more context. Veteran Panther can't move forward yet, as 8, 9 & 10 can see down the valley.

But, in order for 8 & 9 to threaten the flank of Kitty, they would have to come up the rise ( roughly marked with the blue line ).
Veteran Panther and VG Panther can both see that area, so that shouldn't be a threat.
Kitty is therefore, trying to hit the TD, then the 2 shermans - the strong wind should work in my favour now, the smoke isn't going to stick around for long. 

CMFB 225 last overview.png

Note also at the top right near the Jumbo - a Death or Glory Jeep came barrelling out of the woods. Trying to draw the Kitty's slow fire ?

Edited by Baneman

I forsee a second burning Hellcat picture to come shortly, along with a couple of Shermans.

A reload time of 15 seconds means you could possibly take out three tanks in the next 60 seconds.

Here's hoping!

Well, in RL, the reload time should be around 30 seconds at the minimum, and not 15 seconds ( 15 sec is way to fast ).

I have been leafing through Munch's history of the 653rd Hvy. Pz. jg. Bn. to try and find something definitive.

Nothing that specific but there is reference to a memo to 1st Army High Command stating that slow reloading was a known problem.

In part, from the separate projectile and propellant casing which is obviously a slower process than a conventional tank shell. But also because " it is necessary to return to zero degree elevation after each shot to unload the spent casing. This makes it necessary to employ a large number of Jagdtigers in an attack"

This tends to make the tested loading time of 15 seconds seem rather generous but how much longer it took would, I guess, depend on individual circumstances.

Certainly switching to a different target would take longer, given the constraints, than a second shot on the same target.

15 seconds is a long time. In combat, or life and death, it is an eternity. Compare that with modern Abrams' reload times. (120mm fixed case, vs. 128mm two-part ammo.) 15 seconds doesn't seem too optimistic to me. Shrug.

As for the AAR, well, you've got a BEAST!!! Use it as such. ;)

Ken

After this little interaction,  I can't see NOT taking a JT as a German in quick battles.   Of course mine will get flamed by a first shot kill from a still unseen American...

bobo 

I wounder how allied airpower will be able to handle that thing...Perhaps that could be a good counter (weather permitting)

In the centre, the 2 "ordinary" Shermans moved forward some more. #8 pushed forward aggressively and continued to shell my men in the woods. 2 Casualties there so far.
#9 broke through the fence and then took a shot from the VG Panther who spotted it quickly after the turn began - before, I think, my HMG made a difference to the spotting.
At this point, I discovered that I had not looked closely enough. They are, in fact, both Jumbos. The first shot caused spalling and it stopped moving. 2 subsequent shots both pinged off the mantlet :angry: These things are seriously hard to kill. ( blue lines indicate lines of fire ).
Note also the appearance of armour contact #12 :blink:

CMFB 225 c2.png

One good thing - my men in the woods weren't taking all that HE lying down ( ok, yes, they were lying down, but ... ). Just before the turn ended, some hero with his MP44 cuts down the Commander of #8 before Bil could order him to stop playing Rommel and button up.

CMFB 225 c3.png

Edited by Baneman

On the far right, as the Death or Glory Jeep reverses away, it fires on my infantry team heading for the edge of the forest. They in turn see an enemy team pulling back from the edge. They fire, but miss ( probably due to suppression from the Jeep - who is joined by a second ).

CMFB 225 inf1.png

Now, much as I'd like to keep Big Kitty where she is until the smoke clears, the threat from Shermans #8 & #9 on the flank is increasing. If #8 moves forward almost as far as the road, it will be in a dip, protecting it from the Veteran Panther. So, I'm going for the Safety-First option and pulling back to cover that area ( and I will be below the lip so protected from the 2 remaining Shermans ahead.)

CMFB 225 k1.png

Do you have a sitrep on what you think you are facing now? Against what you have destroyed?

Well, Bil has lost :

3 Hellcats on the right plus 2 Hellcats in the centre
1 Heavy TD ( #11 ) on the right.

He has remaining :

Easy 8 Sherman and a Jumbo Sherman on the right ( TC hit and took a 128mm hit to mantlet )
#8 Jumbo Sherman in centre ( TC hit )
#9 Jumbo Sherman in centre ( 75mm spalling hit and 2 more to mantlet )
#10 Heavy TD centre left
#12 Heavy TD centre left.

So he still has quite a lot - half of what he brought ( assuming there aren't yet more unseen )

Not sure I would drive into that forest with the JT, seems a good way to bog it down in some mud........

I've been lucky with Big Kitty so far. I'm hoping the -7 temperature will alleviate mud concerns passing through the trees. There seems to be as much risk to bogging in the snow, so I'm trying to shorten the movement as much as possible.

The two Jumbos in the centre moved further forward. The one hit three times by the Panther must have only been shocked. :(
The JagdTiger completed most of its move without a problem and is now moving forward to the road to counter their threat. Another of my infantry in the forest goes down. For now, I have to wait for him to move again.

In town, we finally take some fire from a garden a few rows back. The Drilling can see that area, as can my HMG. We have to area fire somewhat inaccurately, but hopefully they will be keen to pull back.

CMFB 230 k1.png