CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

The crew bailed and only then, in a rare lapse for them, does the crew of the Veteran Panther spot it - perhaps they're tired. They send a round of HE to speed the crew on their way.

As expected, the 2 heavy TD's pull back from their position. Pity, because within about 20 seconds, a round actually lands exactly where it had been. :blink:

CMFB 300 Mortar1.png

CMFB 300 Mortar2.png

The indicated team are rushing to the VL. When they arrive, should be the next turn, the CF will be accepted.

Baneman,

why do you plan to accept a ceasefire? I understand ceasefire as a solution where both sides see no chance to win anymore or change the result significantly. But this game is totally fluid and seems to turn in your favor. IMO a ceasefire should not be used by players to escape from a game that did not go as expected... Honestly I hate opponents that lose interest as soon as things do not go as they expected.

Or what are you afraid of since the tide of tank combat seems to have turned in your favor that you want allow an escape and give away a possible victory?

Edited by CarlWAW

Baneman,

why do you plan to accept a ceasefire? I understand ceasefire as a solution where both sides see no chance to win anymore or change the result significantly. But this game is totally fluid and seems to turn in your favor. IMO a ceasefire should not be used by players to escape from a game that did not go as expected... Honestly I hate opponents that lose interest as soon as things do not go as they expected.

Or what are you afraid of since the tide of tank combat seems to have turned in your favor that you want allow an escape and give away a possible victory?

it is a beta aar meant to show off the game.  We need these two yokels to stop goofing off playing and get back to work! :D

Another congrats and thanks for a great AAR. :) To be honest, I wasn´t that closely following all the tactical moves and outcomes, knowing it´s mainly a showcase battle which did its purpose well. Beside new vehicles I´ve now also seen and do appreciate terrain and map additions for CMFB. I´d liked to see some intense infantry actions, but from what I´ve seen from the screenshots I´m sufficiently satisfied and know I won´t be disappointed. :)

...I´d liked to see some intense infantry actions, but from what I´ve seen from the screenshots I´m sufficiently satisfied and know I won´t be disappointed. :)

Yeah, in the next AAR, I'd love to see some intense infantry on infantry action. Of course, throw in some vehicles, but let's give the grunts some of the limelight.

Is it just me (I don't have CMFI) or is the stock US winter infantry looking pretty darned good. From the AAR and CAAR shots, the GI textures look mod-quality from what I can tell. Or, is it just that I haven't seen the ones from CMFI up close?

The German infantry look good, too, but there seems to be more color variation in the US uniforms and a bit of a weathered look to the textures that I'm not seeing in the German infantry.

Baneman,

Others have stated why this game, in particular, should end. However, I thought it appropriate to mention different outlooks on ceasefires. Sometimes, I'll offer a SECRET ceasefire to my opponent. He won't know about it, but it's there if he wants to end the game. Usually I'll send an email and explicitly tell him that I'm selecting a ceasefire. Good sportsmanship would mean he would proffer a ceasefire in return. I will state in my email that I'm happy to continue gaming. Sometimes one likes to mop up every last one of a defeated enemy. I'll so state that I'm happy to be mopped. On the flip side, if an oppo offers me a ceasefire, I'll accept it immediately. Once one side has communicated "no mas", then there is no need to continue. Indeed, it's counterproductive to do so.

It's not so much the ceasefire which ends the game, as the oppo's communication that he desires a ceasefire.

My .02.

Ken

Congrats Baneman!
Big Kitty was hit only once, wasn't it? So even without it, you would have fared well.

And last but not least a praise to the programmers. No crash although it's beta only.
I must say, that I am extremely impressed how solid CM is. So far I had not a single crash. No matter how big the maps are or how many units, or how much action or how the camera is moved or how big PBEM-fiules are. This thing is incredibly solid. In a time where more and more products are released unfinsished and buggy I think this deserves a big praise.

Good sportsmanship would mean he would proffer a ceasefire in return.

c3k,

I strongly disagree, yes I even protest against this attitude. Just play a huge battle against an attacker with lots of artillery and men. Make it to survive very well. Stop the attack with your artillery and when you are about to start the counter attack and have best chances to wipe him off the map, he offers a ceasefire! Good sportsmanship to accept? BS!

This attitude to offer ceasefires and if they are not accepted to surrender and stop the game should be outlawed. There is lots to learn in all phases of the game. And one has not the right to go away, if things look bad. A game has a finite duration and it should be played until it ends.

If you are talking about sportsmanship: IMO a ceasefire should only be offered by the winning side, never by the losing one.

Edited by CarlWAW

On the topic of cease fire I fall somewhere in the middle. Once I am spent in a game, either on attack or defense, I will flip the cease fire flag and tell my oppent so. I will say that there is not much left for me to do so when you feel the same feel free to do the same. In the meantime I will continue to play as hard as I can and return turn files as I did before.

In the defence I might know I am beat but surrending gives too much away I don't want to give it all up - make them earn it, I say.

On the attack I will feel I cannot make any more significant progress but feel free to counter attak if you like - I'll make you regret it if I can. 

:)