CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

Happy to entice lurkers out into the light :)

First I shall post another pic of the good thing. ;) ( there's even a crater in front from the penetration blast )

CMFB 211 right burn.png

Orders are simple. Kill the other Hellcat, then orient more to the left. Note far left background - another unidentified armour contact. An 11th tank ? :blink:

CMFB 212 right orders.png

Oh and reload times ( I ran a quick test ) is approx. 15 seconds, so they are almost done ( 12 seconds since the shot ).
If I miss and the Hellcat comes charging down the right flank ... there are infantry there - they all have PF100's ...

Edited by Baneman

Now on the left, you can see that the 8th Sherman was joined by a buddy and the TD is seen in the distance towards the end of the turn.
Panther has difficult LoS, but it IS visible.

CMFB 211 left sitrep.png

What the Panther ( almost ) saw ...

CMFB 211 what the panther saw.png

Edited by Baneman

One of the teams in the town are the guys who spotted the new TD ( #10 ).

Since I've just brought up my mortar into town, I'm going to shuffle them over there and see if we can't drop an egg into that inviting open turret. ( I've never KO'd a vehicle with a mortar before, but it's worth a shot - besides, those crewmen look exposed. It would be a shame not to harass them :P

CMFB 211 left sitrep4.png

Since I've just brought up my mortar into town, I'm going to shuffle them over there and see if we can't drop an egg into that inviting open turret. ( I've never KO'd a vehicle with a mortar before, but it's worth a shot - besides, those crewmen look exposed. It would be a shame not to harass them :P

Yes, go for it! I remember in my very first CMAK-TCP i killed an M 10 with my very first mortar round fired. You can do it, too! ( it wasnt until later that i found out just how lucky i got there...)

...If I miss and the Hellcat comes charging down the right flank ... there are infantry there - they all have PF100's ...

Ah, I was going to ask about an infantry screen. Don't let Big Kitties leave home without 'em! Are you planning to keep your TC unbuttoned?

I've never taken out a vehicle with a mortar in MP, but I've taken out a number of them in SP - both HTs and TDs/tanks. One of the best turns I ever had in CMRT was killing 2 hulldown PIVs in one turn of light fire by medium off-map mortars.

On the atmospherics...

I commented in the other thread that the weather effects and terrain look surprisingly natural in some of the screenshots (I don't have CMFI). I can't wait to see them live on my rig!

Ah, I was going to ask about an infantry screen. Don't let Big Kitties leave home without 'em! Are you planning to keep your TC unbuttoned?

I've never taken out a vehicle with a mortar in MP, but I've taken out a number of them in SP - both HTs and TDs/tanks. One of the best turns I ever had in CMRT was killing 2 hulldown PIVs in one turn of light fire by medium off-map mortars.

On the atmospherics...

I commented in the other thread that the weather effects and terrain look surprisingly natural in some of the screenshots (I don't have CMFI). I can't wait to see them live on my rig!

Haha, one of the worst turns I ever had was the AI mortaring the bejeesus out of my Stugs in a campaign battle, and taking out/disabling three as I was advancing through to support the infantry who had just vacated the area. Really, really bad luck.

Can't report on reload times yet. That shot happened with about 10 -12 seconds left on the clock. At the end of the turn they were still "Reloading".

I too, think Bil will charge - especially with the Hellcat on the right - it would take it too long to try to reverse away as it will have to turn to pull back along the forest edge. I expect it to come forward full tilt, bearing to its left as it tries to flank me. The Shermans will probably try to get away, heading to their right. That way Bil splits the targets - a good strategy against a turretless opponent.

Other interesting things to note from last turn ( not yet shown in pictures ). The "8th Sherman" did not get a shot at my Drilling - possibly Bil did not know it was there. It was, however, joined by a "9th Sherman" :angry:  ( VG Panther will be trying to stalk these - they are facing my right, so side-on to him )
At the very end of the turn, a 10th :o armour contact appeared further to the rear on my left - another TD, sporting a 90mm gun :wacko:
Wait, who is attacking here ? :lol:

You may indeed ask that question. It also questions whether this allows a balanced battle. As soon as you lose your Jagdtiger or Panther the battle is over. So you can't afford to advance anymore. I do not entirely understand Bil's choice to pick so much armor in an AAR. Still a great battle though.

Edited by Aragorn2002

... I do not entirely understand Bil's choice to pick so much armor in an AAR. Still a great battle though.

Nor me :lol:

I expected him to have more than me, but more like 5 or 6. I thought he'd have ATG's, men squirrelled away all over the place, ambushes - the usual "defensive" setup.
As it is, it looks more like he's got some recon guys and a helluva lot of armour.

To answer this - no, I've ordered him to duck inside - both Shermans are spraying MG fire around liberally and the Hellcat is probably going to follow suit.
And I got the spotting I needed when I came over the rise. All 4 enemy vehicles have been seen ( including the new potential 11th - I wonder if that's another 90mm-armed TD hanging back like Contact #10 ? ).

Is that a new look for foggy weather conditions or is it smoke from something else? If it is fog, it looks awesome.

+ 1 to Rocketman.  Fantastic atmospheric shot.

I must admit that it came out better than I thought it would.

I have temporarily adopted it as my wallpaper ( amazingly, I cropped it by eye ... and it fits perfectly :huh: ).

I forsee a second burning Hellcat picture to come shortly, along with a couple of Shermans.

A reload time of 15 seconds means you could possibly take out three tanks in the next 60 seconds.

Here's hoping!

I also have to survive between 4 and possibly as many as 9 return shots ( really depends on whether Bil decides to run - with some - or stand and fight, hoping for a gun hit ).
Random Number Generator is random... :unsure:

File when I get home today is going to be ... interesting

IanL KO'ed a PzIV and a halftrack with a single mortar shell in a game of Sticking It Out. I was not happy.

The 3rd Hellcat on the Rise goes down. Looks like the 15 second reload is accurate, they were Aiming within 2-3 seconds. The Hellcat turned a little to its left and roared forward ... about 10 feet.

The Shermans retreated through the treeline. We lost sight of the Easy Eight, but reloaded in time to fire on the Jumbo.
Whose Mantlet deflected the round :o :blink:

CMFB 225 r5.png

Just before the round was fired, the Jumbo TC was hit by the bow gunner's MG fire. Immediately after the round hit, it reversed further to the final position shown where we lost sight of it while still aiming ( as usual, in that last second before the gunner pulls the trigger ) - both Shermans were popping smoke madly and although it's extremely difficult to see, it IS there.

Both Shermans each fired a round near the Kitty .. but not at it. It's hard to know if they were innacurate due to being taken on the move, or an attempt to keep the infantry heads down a bit more. Just before being hit, the Jumbo did fire a round at Kitty, but it fell short.

In the left background in the top pic, the mystery contact resolved into ... yes, another 90mm-armed TD.
It took a shot at something, not sure what, then I saw its turret straighten up. So it's not pointing directly at Kitty. Kitty however, is Aiming, with good LoS at the end of the turn. Cliffhanger...:wacko:

Edited by Baneman