----------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie "TheWanderer" Hall

Wed, 04/27/2011 - 1:03pm

"Next week I'm told there will be a playable beta demo."

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/108288

Steve "Battlefront.com" Grammont

Wednesday, 05:25 AM

When the demo comes out the game should be right behind it. That will give you a warning shot across the bow, so to speak.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=96056

Next week it is then :D ... ref another thread did we decide when the start of the week "started" ... :)

What its it with you people?

A 3rd party’s review “suggests” a date and suddenly its Gospel.

I’m sure it be out soon enough so you can all then complain about “How dare it be released with the massive flaw!” or some such.

i know , im sorry , cant help it.

I’m sure it be out soon enough so you can all then complain about “How dare it be released with the massive flaw!” or some such.

For a minute there I was getting excited - thanks for stamping out that sentiment so thoroughly. This forum really would be a cold an unfriendly place were it not for warm, welcoming folks like you; if you ever leave the army a career in customer relations surely beckons...

Here's the deal. Why release the manual on a Tuesday? Because they want to release the Game on Friday, 2-3 days later, which according to someone else on one of these threads, is the usual. So, Demo tomorrow, game on Friday. There. Gospel. For me, anyway. :D

gibsonm, please note the smiley.

Wow!!! You make new friends with every post don't you. Is it that bad that a simple post about someone hoping for an early release date irks you that much? Relax dad and let us jump in the mud puddles.

Suggests? Third party? really?

Now, who might tell him that? The guys he got the demo from maybe?

Not necessarily gonna happen as schedules can change, but that's not a third party "guess" ... he says he was told that by, uh, the guys making the game? Certainly you have to admit it's a possibility anyway.

Note the smilie ... :D

You´re getting it all wrong: He´s not saying that there will be a playable beta demo ready for download next week. He is predicting that someone next week will tell him about a playable beta demo.

See?

here we go:

"Battlefront.com was kind enough to provide GWJ with a preview build for this article. At the moment they are running a pre-order for the PC and Mac version. Next week I'm told there will be a playable beta demo. You can also download the manual, which is in the style of US Army field manuals. I would also recommend downloading vintage FMs to enhance your play."

Actually reading the paragraph,there might well be a playable demo released next week for us to try out.

For a minute there I was getting excited - thanks for stamping out that sentiment so thoroughly. This forum really would be a cold an unfriendly place were it not for warm, welcoming folks like you; if you ever leave the army a career in customer relations surely beckons...

nah man, a traffic warden surely (I don't know what they are like in the USA or in other parts of the world but here in England they have hearts made of cold black stone) :D

here we go:

"Battlefront.com was kind enough to provide GWJ with a preview build for this article. At the moment they are running a pre-order for the PC and Mac version. Next week I'm told there will be a playable beta demo. You can also download the manual, which is in the style of US Army field manuals. I would also recommend downloading vintage FMs to enhance your play."

Actually reading the paragraph,there might well be a playable demo released next week for us to try out.

He did also say you can download the manual. It is online, but that little bit of discrepancy could invalidate that we will see a demo next week. Would be really really nice, but .....

Damn I can't believe I am wasting my 100th post on still another "is it out yet thread" LOL Dang I'll be glad when this is finally out.

Hey fellas! Glad you found the article to your liking. I was told there would be a beta demo, lemme check my notes here... first week in May. The Battlefront gods strike me down, but that's what I was told and there were no embargoes on that information. I know, literally, nothing more about it.

Now, we all know how production schedules are. It's done when it's done, right? Carry on.

And, when the game arrives, I'd love to see you all in our Wargamer's Corner to run PBEM games with.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/35998