Dick Winters has passed on

What a shame, he came across as a genuinely nice guy in the BoB interviews, and if the book and TV series representation are anything to go by, was indeed a nice person. Not to mention an outstanding CO.

Wonder if he played CM? Probably died waiting for it to come out hoho, seriously tho, rest in peace. With all the idiots in the world when someone like this dies its a genuine loss to the human race. May he live on in CMBN!

I finished " band of brothers" (for the 4th time i think) yesterday and after I closed the book I started to think about winters and wondered if he was still alive, strange. When these kind of men pass away its a great loss for the humanity. But after all...lots of men lost their lives in that war and Winters could have been one of these unlucky ones, RIP! Youre my hero.

A salute to this great leader, and role model to strive to be like. R.I.P. Funny I never met the man in person, but feel I "know" him in a sense from seeing Band of Brothers countless times as well as reading the books, so this news is sad to hear. It is hard to believe that in the not too distant future we will no longer have any of these great heroes from that truly “greatest generation”. I highly recommend reading his “Beyond Band of Brothers” personal memoir as it gives greater insight to his character, and leadership code he followed. Some of the other Easy Co. men have written their personal accounts of the story too. Babe Heferon, and Bill Garniure wrote a book together, and Don Malarkey has a book. All were good reads, and are recommended.