Combat Mission: Shock Force v1.05 Patch Released (Battlefront All Inclusive version)

Madmatt

Downloading the patch now. Thanks for the hard work. Woot!

I didn't see anything in the README about WEGO playback showing the correct ammo/ craters impacts/ etc when doing a replay. Was that fixed?

With the building fix is there now an indicator on how damaged a building is? It was impossible to tell if one was about to collapse before.

Are there targetting lines available as a Hotkey now? I couldn't tell what unit my guys were targetting before and couldn't find a hotkey to turn on all targetting lines.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam, I don't know what is going on with your games but I can aim at roofs perfectly in mine. I don't know how to post pics but I have a squad in a 1 floor building targeting the roof of a 3 story building that is on a hill at least 7-9 meters tall. They are unable to shoot the roof but they pepper the wall on the roof which would surely suppress a squad there. Also I am seeing that my units are able to target RPGs on rooftops that just yesterday were frustratingly untouchable by units in the same position as today.

Is it that it is a night scenario and vision is reduced? I will check and see if I have the problem with the building LOS.

[ December 14, 2007, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: skelley ]

Has ALWAYS been that way for me, in fact worse with this patch. Aiming at builings makes the target marker go off in wild places. Before, I could sometimes achieve targets by changing the camera angle to top down, so far I haven't been able to do that with 1.05.

Funnily just now I started the "House Cleaning" scenario, and targeting seems to work normally!

I'll report if anything comes up during my first proper game of CMSF...

Ok interesting development.

I have got it to work and I know why. Turning shadows on is what cures it.

Targeting is much more accurate now, though my framerate is down.

I can target specific floors it seems but this doesnt really work unless im looking down at the building (ie not from groud level looking straight at it - this may be because the target aims at the floors of the building?).

"Batman's curse" only seems to occur now at ground level (closest zoom that is) aiming at buildings.

Originally posted by thelmia:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Athkatla... do you have an ATI card? Sounds like the ATI click bug. Make sure that the ATI mouse click setting in Options is ON.

Steve

No, I have twin NVidia 7800GT 256MB cards. </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Athkatla... do you have an ATI card? Sounds like the ATI click bug. Make sure that the ATI mouse click setting in Options is ON.

Steve

Problem solved. I have 2 NVidia 7800GT 256MB in SLI. Evidently the game doesn't like the SLI configuration as when I turn it off I can select all units and vehicles with no problems. When I turn it back on again, I cannot select any vehicles or units.

Even if you're not a modder it should be fun to rezexplode the .brz just to troll through aaaaall the sounds & graphics! See exactly what it takes to skin a Mk19 grenade launcher. smile.gif I wandered around a couple other 'modern war' game sites recently, it was hard to find art that held a candle to CMSF on the details.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

* If you point the cursor at a weapon in the "soldier display" user interface panel, the name of the weapon is displayed and that soldier is subtly highlighted in the main 3D display.

I was surprised there's feedback on the weapon, but not on the more obscure icons. The weapons are much easier to recognise. Will there be full feedback in 1.06?

Quick point about roofs. I found by taking the tiny little lips off the top of the roofs there are less LOS issues.

In short, make the roofs totally without edges. Especially in multi-building groupings. Put an edge all the way round the outer walls to create one big fortification if you like.

I can't say for sure (I don't know how your screen looks) but your 'graphics regression' might not entirely be your drivers. Alot of juggling went on the get the framerate optimized. With my ATI driver I've noted some slight differences too. Like I'm now missing shadow's coming off the stone walls, which was no great loss to me. Then again my old soon-to-expire Bootcamp beta drivers may not be the most up-to-date either.