Combat Mission: Shock Force v1.05 Patch Released (Battlefront All Inclusive version)

Madmatt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give up on Paradox. I did.

I downloaded the game and patch within 10 mins from BFC. 20mb/s cable FTW.

Installed, patched and loving it.

Paradox don't even answer on there forums. I could not even get there version of the game to run on my machine. Despite months of asking them for assistance with the black screen of death. Apparently it's "not there problem" as the game starts...that's all that is required from there point of view.

Check out my numerous posts in tech support if you don't believe me. I don't blame BFC as there copy of the game worked great first time.

The problem is there is some release specific code that BFC can't write, even if they wanted to. And that code is most likely because of different copy protections used by the different versions. This is why we wait...

I think they want to release each version as fast as possible. That way everybody wins. And even if they wanted to release the patch simultaneously, they would have to wait for Paradox & Gamershell to make their patches. That means that everybody gets the patch late, as opposed to everybody getting the patch as soon as possible.

Originally posted by Drusus:

...snip

I think they want to release each version as fast as possible. That way everybody wins. And even if they wanted to release the patch simultaneously, they would have to wait for Paradox & Gamershell to make their patches. That means that everybody gets the patch late, as opposed to everybody getting the patch as soon as possible.

And that means that nobody ever will buy a game from Battlefront through Gamersgate or Paradox. Well, at least i am not. Where is the sense making contracts with these publishers if the support is late. Not a good image for Battlefront.

Oh yeah: "early next week" is nearly over. Its getting late in the week.

Flori, Paradox Community Manager,Tuesday December 18th 1425 hours.

"The patch is on it's way so to speak. I would expect it to become available during the next 24 hours."

Fredrik II, Paradox Censor,Wednesday December 19th 1559 hours.

"We sent it for yesterday to be finalized; we hope to have it up soon."