How old are you?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I think this thread's been done before (but what hasn't been done before, I ask you?).

I'll start out in order to frighten people.

In a month I'll turn 52. But a youthful vigorous 52... No, really! If it weren't for that darned enlarged prostate I could be mistaken for 35! ;)

47, going on 8. Don't ever grow up. Just look what grown-ups do to each other...

Oh, by the way, I finished that archery course and just bought a KAP Winstar riser with Hoyt limbs, 70" with a 34 pound draw. I'm discovering muscles I never knew I had!

Like I said, don't EVER grow up!

wun

Would it be fair to say that "communities" tend to be populated by older "more stable" folk, while the youngsters are out trying everything and moving from one to the next? This is my experience of both online gaming and real-world clubs (my gliding club being a key example). Every now and then there's a rare younster who knows what they like (eg gliding or CM) and sticks long enough to get good at it and bring some welome fresh air into the old crusty place smile.gif

Gliding and CM are similar in that they take some dedication to actually get good at... but they're both fun while you're learning!

GaJ

24 as well, and I probably win 50-50 against AI in scenarios... QBs against AI always seem to be a race for the flag a human will win, and then just defend. So i guess that means i'm up for PBEM games, but don't know when i'd have the time.

I just picked up Avalon Hill's Panzer Leader at a garage sale and am now recognizing the true timeless excellence of CM.

Hell, I'm young compared to teh regulars around here... ;)

24 as well and started my CM career in 2001 when the BO demo came out. Or was that 2002? Can't remember anymore, the game NEVER left my HD and never will. Note: I'm STILL playing BO - and liking every minute of it!

Gold demo came out in Dec '99. IIRC I had to split it on floppy disks (yes - those things with 1.4M on them) to bring it home. Just found a post regarding the Alpha AAR in the '99 archives... July... those where the days...

Ah yes... been 30 then... had a new love then (besides CM)... CM is still one of my favourites ... my love is ... still my favourite.

Gruß

Joachim

I know one rabid armor hobbyist/wargamer who - I think - is just about age sixtynine by now. Only reason he doesn't play CM currently is his mac runs OSX.

Does it reassure you or frighten you Uberpickle that this military/armor/wargaming interest of yours just might torment you for another FIFTY years?! :eek: :rolleyes: