**** ROW V (Part 4) ****

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded for Bear and Tiger Valley are not even half way yet, the game is going at snails pace. One month to finish them? I don`t see me managing that.

I suspect many people can fire St.Nazaire back and forth rapidly but feel they really need to sit down for the other two. I know when I check my mail late at night or shortly before leaving for work St.Nazaire tended to be played straight away but I always left the others for later.

You there... YOU!!!

Get your arse into gear and RETURN THAT MOVE!

DAMN IT!

You soldiers signed up for this war now it's time to FIGHT!!!

... but richie, it's all too hard...

You wanna be softcocks and bail out now????

Or you wanna be MEN and finish the damn war you started????

:eek:

Well I've done them all. My last, Loaded for Bear, was completed against Dangerous Dave about a week ago. A great deal of explosive was expended by all parties, and every one had a wonderful time and was quite dirty when it was over.

My thanks to the designers for three blue-ribbon big scenarios. St. Nazaire and Tiger Valley are pretty much the best CMAK games I've every played against a live opponent.

St. Nazaire was the most original CM scenario I've ever played, period. The designer deserves a big "Genius" medal, I think.

Here are the completed games as of 09/09/02:

St. Nazaire

Steve McClaire - Platehead

Dave S - Stoneage

GAJ - Big Duke 6

Kanonier Reichmann - Big Dog

Elmar - Melnibone

Tiger Valley

Ankulin - Big Duke 6

Big Dog - Ted

Johne Bertles - Diesel Taylor

Loaded for Bear

Sandy - Diesel Taylor

If you've completed a game but don't see it listed then you'll need to send me the scores. Make sure to CC your opponent in the e-mail.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Uh...well...there are no replacements. We burned through our list just to get a player for the GAJ / Ankulin game. So, basically its step the **** up and start sending the turns.

C'mon, really. 120 days for 3 scenarios is plenty.

KF if you need a backup player I now have the time to play and will gladly take any no hope situation so you can get the scores.

You know where I am.

smile.gif

H

I sincerely hope this tournament does not fizzle out to an unsatisfactory conclusion after the huge amount effort put into it by both the organisers and the players. Thanks to Holien for stepping into the breach and offering his services. I'd suggest advertising for other possible replacements in the PBEM forum if necessary.

In group 3 I think my matches in Bear and Tiger Valley will finish in time, although the pace has been a bit patchy lately for legitimate reasons.

Yup it's not really fair on the organisers. It's not like it's a massive commitment after all.

Like Hornet said, we've finished our game but the other two are dragging. Interesting battles, good bunch of lads, just to bloody slow!!

Poor old Panzertwat has an understandable excuse though, with that horrendous accident....