**** ROW V (Part 4) ****

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAJ/BigDuke:

It'll still be a little while getting to my set-ups - have been working like nuts before/after/(even some during) the vacation.

Should be more or less back to normal after this Friday (I hope).

For the record, I have not a heard anything from Cuzn either.

Andrew

Originally posted by Kingfish:

For the record, a T34/85 can travel quite a distance on pavement in a minute. It

reaches its “planned” destination with time to spare. It fires a round at a MG pillbox

which had revealed itself (at the top of the bank, slightly right on the bridge) earlier in

the round by opening fire on my platoon on the bank left of the bridge. The round

hits, but does no damage. Shortly thereafter a round from an unknown location slams

into the T34, killing it. Shortly after that, there is a small indentation in my desk, and

a matching one on my forehead.

It is AARs like this that inspires us to bring you the ROW tournaments again and again.

My pain, your gain.

To tell the truth, the AARs have become (for me) the most enjoyable bit of this tourney.

Originally posted by Bigduke6:

BigDog,

If my opponents mistake me for you, they'll be intimidated, maybe...but not any more. My playing often fails to intimidate the A/I. Sigh.

I hear you. However, anyone who plays me now is probably dreaming of a total collapse on my part, in the style of my Axis score in "Maleme" against Walpurgis Nacht. :( Yes, my pride is still stinging!

However, you may find that to your advantage if they believe they're playing me, as your defense will probably be well positioned to exploit any cockiness displayed by them!

Originally posted by Other Means:

Cpl Carrot, if you're ever planning to work in the UK, drop me an email. We* are always on the lookout for developers and have offices in Liverpool & London.

Can you drop me a line OM? I don't seem to have your email and it is not in your profile.

rjb109 at slingshot dot co dot nz.

Cheers

Ace Pilot,

Have just sent you the dreaded, rank ordered list of the five finalists. Creating it was so difficult as to be all but insurmountable, and many great AARs didn't make it because those of a few were simply breathtaking--repeatedly--and squeezed them out. I very nearly went with just one exemplar in such cases, but ultimately had to acknowledge the manifest superiority of what I was reading, by awarding multiple slots. I feel badly for those whose wonderful efforts got pitched as a result, but ultimately, my job was to make the tough calls.

Regards,

John Kettler

KR,

I would, but it's too grisly. I will say, though, that it involved hara-kiri attempts with the blunt end of a water bottle, arcane rituals (nearly resorted to percentile dice!), and near-total deresolution of my last two functioning

synapses. Feel wrung out! Compared to this, picking the initial batch was stupid simple, especially since no rankings were required once the candidates

were chosen.

Regards,

John Kettler