**** ROW V (Part 4) ****

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Londoner:

Poor old Panzertwat has an understandable excuse though, with that horrendous accident....

Back in the saddle now chaps, but have not heard from my St Nazaire opponent (Jon L?) in well over a month. Other two games progressing nicely, if a little behind schedule due to me keep injuring myself...

Time for a much belated update, and some important info

First off, our progress so far:

St. Nazaire

Green Hornet - Londoner

Sividosi - Walpurgis Nacht

Steve McClaire - Platehead

Steve S - Stoneage

Dangerous Dave - Ankulin

GAJ - Big Duke 6

Kanonier Reichmann - Big Dog

The Enigma - Frenchy

Elmar Biljsma - Melnibone

John Bertles - Sandy

Tiger Valley

Ankulin - Big Duke 6

Big Dog - Frenchy

Melnibone - mPisi

John Bertles - Diesel Taylor

Sripe - Other means

Loaded for Bear

Tlkillerich - Sivodsi

Steve McClaire - Walpurgis nacht

Ankulin - ded

Frenchy - Kanonier Reichmann

Sandy - Diesel Taylor

The names above the asterik line are finalist.

The official deadline is October 20th, a little over 2 weeks away, and as you can see we still have a long way to go. The good news is I've been contacted by a small group of individuals who are interested in helping out as replacements, so we may pull this off, however unlikely.

The bad news is I'm dealing with some major real life issues at the moment, so my free time is limited. I will try to get replacement players in as soon as possible, but will concentrate on the finalists first.

Having said all that, I can't help but be a little disappointed in the progress so far. Granted, the scenarios were a bit bigger than the standard ROW battles, but then again I'm hearing of games that are just barely past the halfway point, and guys who have disappeared for months at a time.

Congratulations to the entire ROW V finalist list.

Thanks to all who sent email inquiries and best wishes. Otto did not make it but did not suffer. We are in a busted but livable house and working to make our home … our home again. We are fortunate that our house survived.

St. Nazaire

Tiger Valley

Loaded for Bear

Hope the ROW V final games are available for sampling soon.

Just got Internet access after hurricane Katrina / Rita.Look forward to catching up on CMx2 things after some very intense weeks here in New Orleans.

Peace & Health,

Dawg… Paddling in da Pond dat was / is New Orleans

I'm happy to report that AARs have started rolling in to my inbox. It's a much smaller field of competition this round as compared to the first round of ROW V, so I encourage everyone to get their AARs in and take a shot at winning one of Richie's models. Besides, the designers really appreciate the feedback.

Don't forget:

1. Use the following file naming convention for your AAR:

[Your screen name-opponent's screen name-scenario]

2. Include the following at the start of each AAR:

Scenario name: [scenario]

[Allied/Axis] Player name: [screen name of AAR author]

Opponent name: [Opponent's screen name]

Score: [AAR author score - opponent score]

Email: [AAR author email]

3. Send your AARs to acepilot88 at yahoo.com.

I read that thread, lots of allusions, no quote of a statement by BFC. I guess it's clear enough, but they could at least have put up a nice sticky topic titled something like "Another kick in the gut."

Not that I'm finding much time for CM at the moment, or the foreseeable future. Perhaps I should be glad I won't be tempted...

Okay, just reached the end of a 6 hour stint trying to finish off LfB and after some technical difficulties taking 2 hours away from genuine playing time I am now only 6 turns closer to the end. Yesterday was 04:00 for me hoping to catch mPisi for a few turns. With 14 turns to go it might just be possible to reach the end if all goes smooth but even then, probably not.

So I guess no extension to the deadline forthcoming? I am almost relieved I think. Because due to playing LfB for several hours after each other I can't wait to shake hands with the designer. I think my overal enjoyment of life will be improved if I quit playing LfB turns altogether and work up a bone crunchingly strong grip in my right hand. Bah!