**** ROW V (Part 4) ****

This is the latest thread for the Rumblings of War Tournament.

From this point on we will be concentrating on the finals, which should be starting this weekend.

As always, we begin with the Tournament manual

For the most part the same rules we used for the regular tourney will apply to the finals. This includes AARs, FOW & Dropouts. One change will be the deadline, which hasn't been determined yet. Whatever time frame we decide on will begin the moment the last file is sent out.

Keep an eye out on this post as I will edit in the deadline when we do settle on one.

More in a bit...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we can now announce the winners of the regular tournament, and the matchups for the finals.

As you know, only those who submitted five AARs would be eligible to play in the finals. Therefore, I concentrated only on those players which were listed in Ace's final tally. You can see this list in the last post of the ROW V (part 3) thread.

I then looked to see if the group leaders were included in that list. If they were then they would automatically advance to the finals, since they would retain their lead no matter how the others scored. Not surpisingly, all of the group leaders submitted 5 full credit AARs.

Taking those 12 players, and then shuffling them around to create 3 new sections, I came up with the following list for the ROW V finals:

Section 1

Jon L

Panzertwat

GreenHornet

Londoner

Section 2

Sivodsi

Walpurgis Night

Steve McClaire

Platehead

Section 3

Flenser

Malakovski

Steve S

Stoneage

The first file will be sent out tonight.

Well, I got into the finals because of large dollops of luck in the first round, and then because the leader of my group dropped out. I don't care about playing for prizes, I'm just happy to be there to see what the air is like at these rarified heights. As far as I'm concerned this is the best group to be in!

PUBLISHING ROUND 1 AARS

Ace has collated them all.

I've arranged hosting - fingers crossed should be a high availability, high bandwidth site.

Is there someone with web design skills who'd like to make the page work well, and can throw something together in the next few days?

If no-one steps forward, I'll do a basic publishing job (I'm no web site guru!) ... could be as simple as a folder listing all the AARs alphabetically and you pick the one you want (at least they're all named sensibly, so this could be OK).

Ideally I'd like to be able to say "show me all Fred's AARs" or "show me all Moltke AARs", and maybe even have the ability to add comments/discussion (like cmakdb).

GaJ.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

And do the rest of us get to play the finals scenarios?

I vaguely recall it was "everyone else can play to increase the sample size for Nabla"?

GaJ

You, sir, are correct!

In addition to the finalists, everyone who has played in the regular tourney are welcomed to play the three finals scenarios. You will be organized in the same format as the finalists, and your scores will be added to the mix to create a more (cough) accurate (cough) Nabla score.

So far I've received e-mails from Cuzn and Ankulin wishing to play. Anyone else? Drop me an e-mail.

Now, regarding the PRIZES FOR THE AARs ...

What the two winners will receive is either a meticulously built 1/35th Armour kit, airbrushed and nicely weathered with photo etch accessories where I can get them, or a slaved over 1/16 scale infantryman.

Each model will be block mounted on a loverly piece of Australian hardwood and comes with a brass plaque commemorating the the fact that you won the AAR competition!

Perfect for behind the bar in the poolroom!

After the victor is anounced you can contact me via email with your preference. I'll need 4 to 6 weeks to complete the model and then I'll airmail it to you, blockmounted and bastard wrapped so it doesn't die on the way.

So, think about what you might like...

a nice Berlin T34/85, or an ISU 152 to remind you of happier times on Moltke Bridge, or perhaps a Wiking Panther from the slugfest at Wet Triangle...

Maybe a US infantryman from the 1/119th, the sole survivor from St. Edouards, or even a Highlanders Churchill or a ParaTrooper from Push to Maleme...

You'll be able to relive the horror every time you cast your eyes over it!

:D

Update

Two of the three finals scenarios have been sent out to the finalists. The third scenario will be ready shortly.

I now have enough volunteers to create 3 more sections, and your files will be going out tonight. I need 3 more players to get section 7 going, so sign up!

Originally posted by Ted:

Fish,

Maybe you should call for volunteers in a separate thread.

People may not realize that it's possible to play in the 2and round.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't do it KF. All those with whom I want to have a public grudge match have been mailed. Getting the word out to the proletariat might mean my group could be devoid of my favourite victims. :D;)

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ted:

Fish,

Maybe you should call for volunteers in a separate thread.

People may not realize that it's possible to play in the 2and round.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't do it KF. All those with whom I want to have a public grudge match have been mailed. Getting the word out to the proletariat might mean my group could be devoid of my favourite victims. :D;) </font>

Originally posted by Walpurgis Nacht:

I wouldn't sweat it. CM is all about luck. Just ask Flenser, who managed to avoid my final's group (all I ever wanted was a to trounce a Flenz in public. . . . . .)

No disputing the luck factor. Anybody who bothers to read my AARs will see that....

... It occurs to me that you might want to hold off publishing the AARs until this RoW is just a faded memory. I see a lot of finger-pointing, hand-waving, angry emoticons, and generally a lot of "what's he doing in the finals?" business in my future.

As for this "public" trouncing... you have an odd conception of what is "public".

Greetings and good luck to all those in my section. I shall endeavor to get turns out by Monday evening.

Real life has put a temporary hold on the release of the third scenario, but I am hoping to have it out by no later than Tuesday evening.

This doesn't affect you in any way, since the deadline doesn't begin unitl the last scenario is sent out. Make good use of the extra time.

Non-finalists, your scenarios will be sent out today.