CMRT 2.13 Patch is released and ready for immediate download

With the release of Combat Mission Red Thunder on Steam comes the introduction of the PBEM++ system and Tournament feature to CMRT.

In addition to these features we've been able to take care of a few bugs.

Plus, some of the scenario and campaign designers can't help themselves and have tinkered with some scenarios and campaigns. These new versions are in the patch too. The new versions will override the previous versions. If you want to keep the originals then move them out of the Scenario and Campaign folders before installing the patch because the patch will overwrite what you have. Here's the list:

Scenarios:

BP1 Polosa Deistviya

BP1 Lesson 2 SPW Tactical Reconnaissance

BP1 Heart Of The Dying Sun

BP1 Bridgehead at Rakow

Campaigns

BP1 Tigers at Ogledow

FR Night at the Opera Soviet

FR Night at the Opera Axis

FR The Battle of Tukums

Here are the changes in the patch:

* FIXED: 3D modeling has fixed turret issues with Pz IIIG
* FIXED: MP-507 no longer fires full auto, now it’s only be able to fire semi-auto
* FIXED: Panther Ausf D model had the hatch open in the opposite direction, and some of the spare tracks are textureless.

"Night at the Opera" changes (both sides) involve giving extra to the carry-over percentage for the AI side. If you wiped them out previously, you wiped them out. The new one should offer a more active fight now in the second half (from either side, as is the concept).

Axis AI plans adapted accordingly, with a few extra tweaks in the AI plans here and there that I'll leave for you all to uncover while you are storming the castle in Berlin.

You could always back up your current versions if you liked the strict carry-over "short-term, single area of front-line campaign" STSAFLC (pronounced "STSALFC") concept for this battle, or want a slightly easier variant if you find it tough from either side.

9 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Excellent, thanks to all concerned.

EDIT: Installed okay, and it's a big package 😉.

It looks a lot like a full new install! On mac it takes ages to load the first time, and then it works smoothly.

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Scenarios:

BP1 Lesson 2 SPW Tactical Reconnaissance

Good timing, I was preparing for my second SPW lesson!

18 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

CMRT 2.13 Patch is released 

Thank you very much @BFCElvis to this huge updates, just minors details !

red thunder v210f

sherman iia                                                    >british decals (BN)

shreman iii                                                     >british camo (FI)

white scout car                                             >british camo (FI)

m4a3 turret *                                                >us stars (i doubt if they were used on the lendlease vehicles pack, but I can be wrong)

micros minors details

universal carrier bren                                   >silhouette british color

m3 m15a1 halftracks                                    >silhouette british color

m3 m3a1-halftrack-50cal                            >silhouette british color

* (already changed to me) !

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, liamb said:

Is it taking an extremely long time to load for other Mac users?

it took forever the first time as expected but it is doing it every subsequent time as well for me, hanging up the system. 

No, only the first time for me. It takes ages to load, after each patch installation.

But once it has loaded properly once, the game loads in a matter of seconds every subsequent time.

"The Battle of Tukums" campaign update relates solely on the first mission. Changes make the mission a touch easier by reducing some Soviet forces on the map and making the briefing clearer that there are reserve forces for your side. The player will still need to be aggressive and you their vehicles a bit unorthodox manner to push through. The forces in this first mission are not heavily relied upon for success in follow on missions.

33 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Can you guys please consider not including a hotkeys file with the updates? It's a little annoying having to replace the hotkeys that come with the game every time, they're awful.

The patches are now full game engine patches. This eliminates the step by step patch installation. Because of that they will be complete. The best move is to do like we do with scenarios, saved games, PBEM games and everything else that may change with a patch and back it up before applying the patch. Because your idea is good I will add it to the Readme files. 

(for what it's worth....I use the default hoykeys and like them just fine and wouldn't describe them as "awful". YMMV)

I guess if you're used to them for so long they're good, but I came up with some that I feel are better, and allow me to make sweeping movements on a couple axis at the same time. Yeah I just swap the hotkeys from a different CM game and that works, but I always forget where to place it so I have like 5 hotkey files per game folder. :D

11 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

I've never done a patch through all the years without taking out the Mods folder and the hotkey.txt out of the User Data folder and putting them back after patching.

Can you explain more about this.

This look interrestng to avoid problems !

13 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

I've never done a patch through all the years without taking out the Mods folder and the hotkey.txt out of the User Data folder and putting them back after patching.

I've heard about this but never done it.  I've never had any problems, but that might just be luck.

17 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

I can't think of a logical reason why you'd move out the mods folder prior to patching.

17 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I can't either, but some swear by it.

If you have a mod that is tied to a specific version of a game (e.g. anything that modifies the strings files) you will be #sad if you don't remove it. By removing all your mods and testing things our you can prove to yourself that it's a mod causing the problem and save yourself from having to create a support ticket and then admitting it was your own fault later 🙂

The only mod to my knowledge that ever caused issues when patching is Vin's animated icons, the one with icons that replace the text that tells you what each soldier is doing at the bottom left of the screen. There was also my Afghan army mod which used a modified string file to replace the displayed names of the weapons (AK to M16). But I removed that bit when I realized it was troublesome. Both messed up the UI and caused you to see the wrong label/name on units or equipment after a game update or something like that.

There might be few others but really 99% of all mods are fine and there is no need to remove them when patching in my experience.