CMRT 2.13 Patch is released and ready for immediate download

Just now, Zveroboy1 said:

The only mod to my knowledge that ever caused issues when patching is Vin's animated icons, the one with icons that replace the text that tells you what each soldier is doing at the bottom left of the screen. There was also my Afghan army mod which used a modified string file to replace the displayed names of the weapons (AK to M16). But I removed that bit when I realized it was troublesome. Both messed up the UI and caused you to see the wrong label/name on units or equipment after a game update or something like that.

There might be few others but really 99% of all mods are fine and there is no need to remove them when patching in my experience.

Unfortunately,  this isn't the case. When someone contacts the Help Desk with issues, one of the first things I look for is if they have mods installed.  I have some absolutely crazy things happen within the game because of mods. New builds can make previously fine mods to behave poorly. 

PIAT is pretty much right though. Might as well leave them in. If you have an issue though the first thing to do is remove all mods and see if that fixes it. If it does then reintroduce them until you hit the naughty mods. 

Well of course, that's understandable. It is the same thing when you call tech support and they ask you if the device is plugged or not. Might solve 10% of all calls right away and if it doesn't, well it is one thing you can remove from the list of potential issues so you can keep troubleshooting further I imagine. But realistically, seeing as the vast majority of mods are just texture swapping, it sounds unnecessary to systematically remove them. I mean yeah technically, a patch might change the name of a texture in the new code which would cause something in game to appear black or have the wrong texture applied to the face of an object. And obviously you can't discount people's propensity for messing up in rater creative ways. I wasn't trying to argue that mods can never cause any issues. I just wanted to clear some misconceptions here by stating that the odds of a mod wrecking your game after a patch is rather low.

In the old days, it was important to remove mods as @IanL explained and I've just always done it since and never regretted it.

Mods are certainly far less likely to cause problems now, but this way it's guaranteed and I don't use anything like the default hotkeys, so I have the same one in every CM.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:55 PM, BFCElvis said:

With the release of Combat Mission Red Thunder on Steam comes the introduction of the PBEM++ system and Tournament feature to CMRT.

In addition to these features we've been able to take care of a few bugs.

Plus, some of the scenario and campaign designers can't help themselves and have tinkered with some scenarios and campaigns. These new versions are in the patch too. The new versions will override the previous versions. If you want to keep the originals then move them out of the Scenario and Campaign folders before installing the patch because the patch will overwrite what you have. Here's the list:

Scenarios:

BP1 Polosa Deistviya

BP1 Lesson 2 SPW Tactical Reconnaissance

BP1 Heart Of The Dying Sun

BP1 Bridgehead at Rakow

Campaigns

BP1 Tigers at Ogledow

FR Night at the Opera Soviet

FR Night at the Opera Axis

FR The Battle of Tukums

Here are the changes in the patch:

* FIXED: 3D modeling has fixed turret issues with Pz IIIG
* FIXED: MP-507 no longer fires full auto, now it’s only be able to fire semi-auto
* FIXED: Panther Ausf D model had the hatch open in the opposite direction, and some of the spare tracks are textureless.

Elvis, while installing this patch it keeps creating additional data folders as it installs, (see it via the install path location address) and then comes to a out of disk space....

confused. Bubba

On 6/16/2023 at 10:55 PM, BFCElvis said:

Here are the changes in the patch:

* FIXED: 3D modeling has fixed turret issues with Pz IIIG
* FIXED: MP-507 no longer fires full auto, now it’s only be able to fire semi-auto
* FIXED: Panther Ausf D model had the hatch open in the opposite direction, and some of the spare tracks are textureless.

Inside the brz archive is only one model file, for the Pz IIIG that is. Good to have that one fixed.

Surprisingly there is no Panther model file in there. Is it possible to fix such things without supplying a new model file? I haven't cross-checked it between v2.12 and v2.13 yet...

24 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

I assume that installing this patch will not screw up our game

I was in the middle of a PBEM of 'Mit Karacho' and no issues.  Other experiences are of course possible 😆

Best to make sure you and your oppo both apply the patch...

41 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

We are in the middle of a PBEM game.  I assume that installing this patch will not screw up our game.  Neither one of us have any mods installed.

You should always save the game in the orders phase before applying the patch (there is even a note about it in the readme file). This isn't possible if you are playing PBEM++ though. 

There are never any guarantees that earlier version saves will survive a patch.

• 4 weeks later...

A newly arrived forumite reported a building texture issue. @ZarasthutaMG42

a file naming error was spotted and fixed.

Here is the repaired file you can grab and put in your CMRT z folder. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4k81ubcydxhhc5ghygik5/building008-roof-02-germany-snow.bmp?rlkey=c9l8mbwd8vd5qhairn05f373e&dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

17 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

A newly arrived forumite reported a building texture issue. @ZarasthutaMG42

a file naming error was spotted and fixed.

Here is the repaired file you can grab and put in your CMRT z folder. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4k81ubcydxhhc5ghygik5/building008-roof-02-germany-snow.bmp?rlkey=c9l8mbwd8vd5qhairn05f373e&dl=0

Excellent, Phil. Thank you!

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

This new patch is for PBEM++ and it seems I can no longer play a relaxed hotseat versus myself as I test a scenario. It wants me to register or something?

@chuckdyke Cheeky Dyke? You do a lot of hotseat I recall. Is this a hassle for you? I tried to cancel out but it locked up and gave me an error message. Any words of wisdom?

Sounds like the same this this person had the other day with Cold War. Do you have any mods installed?

27 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Sounds like the same this this person had the other day with Cold War. Do you have any mods installed?

well, NOW it is fine.

The hotseat line is there now and works as usual. I coulda swore I hit the hotseat line before and got the PBEM++.

But it could be the 106F outside.

All is well. Thanks

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

This new patch is for PBEM++ and it seems I can no longer play a relaxed hotseat versus myself as I test a scenario. It wants me to register or something?

@chuckdyke Cheeky Dyke? You do a lot of hotseat I recall. Is this a hassle for you? I tried to cancel out but it locked up and gave me an error message. Any words of wisdom?

No problems just like any other game.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:40 PM, liamb said:

Is it taking an extremely long time to load for other Mac users?

it took forever the first time as expected but it is doing it every subsequent time as well for me, hanging up the system. 

This is still happening for me, like over 5 minutes to load every time. Doesn't happen with any of the other titles, just RT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just installed the 2.13 patch and noticed something interesting in the patch notes for 2.12 which was included with 2.13 I guess:

V2.12

Patch Notes:

BUG FIXES

* FIXED: Blast values for some HE shells

Having started a new Hammer's Flank Campaign and launching the BM-31-12 300mm rockets at the Germans with little damage done (for example I had one of these rockets land right next to a PAK-40 with no casualties inflicted) it seems this tweaking of HE blast values has been overdone. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

I had one of the rockets fell right next to a foxhole in Hammers Flank with no effect to the gunner inside. I used scenarios I played as testing to evaluate tactics. I don't know much about artillery, but I read something about the effects of 81 mm mortars and lung-shock. Even when you know the location it doesn't pay the engine still spread the shells all over the place as it should.