How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

14 hours ago, Haiduk said:

USA and Israel both are doing the same in peace time. We are at real war. Either what allowed to Yupiter is not allowed to the bull? %)

Our resistance/SOF/SBU assasinate non-combatant collaborators and traitors on occupied territories. So, we have to expect some looses because of this? But the war never holds in white gloves. 

Western experts didn't take seriously many things even after Munich spech of Putin, even war in Georgia. Main mistake of westren experts - they tried to fit Russia into western rationalism. This is not working.    

Experts are often talking heads who's dayjob it is to talk to the media, not necessarily because they are so bright or know much but because they are good at talking to the media ;-).

Anyway I think as long as Ukraine doesn't go on an Israeli style spree of clandestine targeted assassination's I don't think there is much to worry about.
For reference at the time of the bombing when we all suspected it was internal stuff aimed at Degin, my little brother (older than 20 though lol) thought 'good riddance' about the daughter dying given what she had personally said.
I also don't think it is morally wrong to eliminate the hate/warmongering ideologists behind the war. However influential he was, he helped at setting up millions of Russians against Ukrainians and called for killings. Well he just got one for himself.

Just keep it clean & clandestine and I don't think there's much of an issue 😉 

1 hour ago, Zeleban said:

In confirmation of this, the daily strikes of kamikaze drones on Zaporozhye, which is obviously the main hub in this direction

Most likely a multi-pronged attack hinged on Melitopol ( where there is heavy partisan activity) isolating the Russian force to the east of the Dnieper, and moving onto Crimea. [The Russian force west of the Dnieper is isolated.]  It would be a master stoke.

2 hours ago, TheVulture said:

Sounds like they've been listening to the Iranians too much: the general Iranian world view is that Britain is behind everything and just using the USA as its puppet.

LOL. 

Britain must be behind the rumour that Britain is behind everything.

More seriously why do certain sources keep alleging such things?  The fact that Boris strolled with considerable swagger through the streets of Kyiv early in the conflict does not mean Britain is running the show 😀.

3 hours ago, Huba said:

Not much news from either Kherson or Luhansk as of today morning, but Russians seem to be pissing their pants because of alleged Ukrainians preparations for offensive in the Zaporizhya.

The biggest hint that there will be no offensive from Zaporizhia is, that the Russians know about it. :D

At least not now. Let the Russians mount their defenses there. As soon as Kherson falls and UAF threatens to cross the Dnepr, the Russians will have to move forces westwards. Then the offensive comes.

4 minutes ago, poesel said:

The biggest hint that there will be no offensive from Zaporizhia is, that the Russians know about it. :D

At least not now. Let the Russians mount their defenses there. As soon as Kherson falls and UAF threatens to cross the Dnepr, the Russians will have to move forces westwards. Then the offensive comes.

Alternatively, I could very well imagine the offensive being directed at Mariupol - the final effect of cutting the landbridge, putting Kerch bridge in ER-GMRLS/ Harpoon range and totally denying Sea of Azov to RU would be accomplished this way. Just speculating of course.
What is sure is that RU seems to be convinced about imminent strike from Zaporizhia; Rybar even made a map:

20221006115145-82d89426.jpg

Edited by Huba

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

LOL. 

Britain must be behind the rumour that Britain is behind everything.

More seriously why do certain sources keep alleging such things?  The fact that Boris strolled with considerable swagger through the streets of Kyiv early in the conflict does not mean Britain is running the show 😀.

Let's face it - our cathedrals are nicer than anybody else's.  On a less light note ... it illustrates the power of messaging and how it sticks in the psyche if promoted often enough.

Just now, Combatintman said:

Let's face it - our cathedrals are nicer than anybody else's.

Just a quick offtopic - I saw my share of cathedrals, including the most prominent like Notre Dame etc. In my opinion all these are mere dollhouses compared to Hagia Sophia. 
Now back to sock vs footwrap discussion :D

Infamous Tsarev complains

A special operation was launched, but [we] did not reach Kiev, [we] did not enter Kharkiv. But I know for sure that the operation would not have been started if the Ministry of Defense had not given a guarantee that the goals and objectives of the special operation would be fulfilled within the specified time frame.

Then, as they say in the Ministry of Defense, we carried out a number of relocations. As a result of such sudden relocations, the army left a significant part of the territories, abandoned a large amount of equipment and ammunition during the relocation, and left people who believed Russia. They were left for punishment. I think many will agree with me that such a course of a special operation cannot be called successful.

And the worst thing about it all is that we do not draw conclusions and make the same mistakes over and over again.
By their actions or inaction, the leadership of the Ministry led to the fact that it put Russia at risk of existence and brought the world to the threshold of nuclear war.

And what is the result? - Nothing.

No one has pleaded guilty or resigned. It is clear that we do not shoot ourselves any more, as aristocratic officers did in the eighteenth century. But officer shot themselves not only in ancient times, both Soviet and German officers shot themselves during the war. Honor and dignity were in use. Well, if not to shoot, but at least to resign, as all European officials do in case of public failures. But no one does that either.
In contrary. [Propaganda] Bots work in social networks, justifying failures. The management with impenetrable faces visits public events.

It should be a shame. You should die from this. But no. [Instead] it's more embarrassing to be without a position. Therefore, they hold on to their position until the last [possible moment].

Important point: another RU propaganda BS bites the dust - Tsarev explicitly confirmed that there were goals to capture Kiev and Kharkiv (no more BS about distraction at the North) and RU spectacularly failed to do that.

5 hours ago, poesel said:

Would be nice if that thing would finally down some Russians planes it was designed for...

Guess what? If you remove the turret (from the tracked systems) you get a... Marder! :)

If Ukraine is clever, they'd demand those from Germany. AA systems are good - not those evil IFVs. 🙄

@Haiduk - these things have radar. Since the Gepard can track drones, I guess Roland can, too.

Who knows, who knows. (..what´s given to UKR which nobody in public knows about..) That´s the game and crazy Vlad set the rules for all this mess. Now he´s beeing kicked butt by UKR who turn these "rules" (lies, misinformation, deception) against him in masterful ways.

And yep, some free Marders or good mobility trucks, even if they need bits of rework before sending to the frontlines I guess. But my guess is the Roland´s are still beeing kept in NATO/Germany reserve mothballed condition. Until we see them in UKR media first time. Beside hoping that it happens more sooner than later, I wouldn´t be surprised anyway.

2 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Guys, your opinion about scenes like this. Is the programme "I want to live" really working? 

Perhaps a "how to" promotional video for the program. Odd a lone AFV appears around a corner into a perfect ambush. But I would not be surprised if it's an actual surrender which would be great.

Edited by kevinkin