How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

The flagship of UKR Naval forces frigate "Hetman Sahaidachnyi" (pr.1135.1 "Nerey", NATO code Kryvak III class) was sunk by own crew to made obstacle for probable landing. On the moment of war the ship was under modernization works.

Зображення

1 minute ago, DesertFox said:

Some nice pics from Irpin

Apparently it's actually Hostomel, as corrected by our forces. Bucha is waving a Ukrainian flag since morning once again so makes sense.

Also our parliament voted for a very special law today, 7120.

It now allows every civilian to get arms from the state during martial law to defend the country, no strings attached. Granted it was like that for the past 7 days, but now it's not gray legal area anymore.

Problem is we have more willing people than guns for days.

I've checked.

Interesting video of ex Belarussian VDV who calls current VDV not to join war (not sure if it's authentic, I was never in Belarussian VDV lol).

PS the auto translation only worked for the first half, but it's also translated in the comments and that matched the auto translate.

BBC is asking why the huge convoy north of Kyiv has stalled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60596629

I think it's even more interesting to ask: How long can it remain stalled? If it's full of trucks full of soldiers, how can they be supplied if they are blocking their own supply line?

How long can the soldiers in front of them keep fighting without this convoy moving?

3 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I think it's even more interesting to ask: How long can it remain stalled? If it's full of trucks full of soldiers, how can they be supplied if they are blocking their own supply line?

How long can the soldiers in front of them keep fighting without this convoy moving?

So it is still going below zero C at night around Kyiv, which means those troops are going to be running their engines to stay warm.  The longer that "convoy" stays there the more gas it uses.  If it stays too long, now you have to re-fuel a 64km parking lot full of empty vehicles and cold troops.

A good plan would be to harass the convoy to keep them awake and focus on hitting the "resupply to the resupply".

7 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Yes, This! how long can the Russian forces around Kyiv maintain any sort of combat anything when the road behind them is an insoluble traffic jam.

3 hours ago, George MC said:

Burning Tunguska

Why would they be parked so close together in an open area? Surely, if they're "active air defense", they'd be at least a bomb crater's width apart, and if they were laagered and off-duty, they'd've sought some overhead cover, and be camped in scattered locations to similarly avoid getting mass-killed... And if the Ukrainians parked them together to make them easier to molotov, surely they could move them somewhere the UA could use them...

9 minutes ago, dan/california said:

Yes, This! how long can the Russian forces around Kyiv maintain any sort of combat anything when the road behind them is an insoluble traffic jam.

Once the guys at the front crumble, the whole thing could rapidly collapse, with the Ukrainians simply overrunning the entire convoy and the drivers fleeing back on foot.

6 hours ago, akd said:

It’s a single unspaced layer, so likely would not have much reduced effects at high angles from the side.  From the typical combat arc of 30 degrees from front, probably very effective.

Very true. But I was impressed of how many "layers" there was in the turret side ERA panels of the earlier showed, abandoned T-72B3M, or T-80BVM I dont remember wich. Where the Ukrainians had picked up the cassette with ERA out of the box. And put it on top of the forward part of the turret. I think you comented on that? Is that "Relikt" ERA?

5 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Man, I wish we hadn't banned so many Russian trolls.  It would be fun to ask them where are all those Armata tanks we hear so much about over the last 8 years.  Back in 2014 we were told that all Russia's front line tank units would have them and we in the West should pee in our trousers.  I guess the few that were built are still not viewed as ready for combat.  I mean real combat, not Red Square Parade duty ;)

Steve

You have inside information, that they are ready for Red Square parade now?