Rome to Victory Release Date

On 10/11/2019 at 12:24 AM, ThePhantom said:

.... Just started working on a Shock Force 2 scenario. I have a Red Thunder on the back burner (because I got interested in SFCM2).... I have two Final Blitzkriegs almost done. However, I keep adding more to them. I stopped when my interest went to Black Sea.... 

Wow, focus man focus :D

Says the pot calling the kettle black

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. Give the F5 key a rest this week. Probably next week you can give it a rest too. We'll see. I'm certain of the former and I'm only pretty sure of the latter

OK, so it looks like an October release might be in jeopardy too.  Two weeks out puts in the last week of October.

14 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

OK, so it looks like an October release might be in jeopardy too.  Two weeks out puts in the last week of October.

That is always possible..Any time a new build is released there is the possibility of a new bug showing up. All I can tell ya for sure is no need to be a refresh monkey this week. Next week you may need to be one.....but not this week. I've been around play testing for BFC since late 2006. When releases get to this point I have seen them escalate super fast to release and I have seen them hit a roadblock. I've seen where one of these builds comes out and after trying to break it for a couple of days everyone says "it's good to go" and BOOM. I've also seen it where a new build fixes something and when we try to break it we break it hard. 

28 minutes ago, rocketman said:

As a non-native speaker I have never understood that idiomatic phrase. Please explain, I hear it a lot.

A pot and a kettle used to be made of iron and thus were both black in color. For one to call the other black is amusing and hypocritical.

Edited by Attilaforfun

2 hours ago, Attilaforfun said:

A pot and a kettle used to be made of iron and thus were both black in color. For one to call the other black is amusing and hypocritical.

Additionally, in olden times when pots and kettles were used over the open flames of hearth or cooking fires, soot would form on their bottoms and sides.  They would both become blackened so neither could claim to be cleaner or better than the other.

5 hours ago, Badger73 said:

Additionally, in olden times when pots and kettles were used over the open flames of hearth or cooking fires, soot would form on their bottoms and sides.  They would both become blackened so neither could claim to be cleaner or better than the other.

This is the correct definition of the phrase...

16 hours ago, Badger73 said:

Yes, this one. The pots in question were typically made of copper and over the open flame with get quite sooty. So, the phrase is meant for good natured ribbing when someone says something that ends up being like "do as I say, not as I do"