CM Bulge Release?

Laibach - Let It Be will be my soundtrack for Bulge! That album brings me back to Christmas 89 or 90, listened a lot to it back then, so it would fit nicely as the unofficial soundtrack for Bulge if released around Christmas! :) Some albums are tied to certain events/memories:
The Cure - Mixed Up: Playing Second Front against my brother on Amiga 1989 or 1990.
Halloween - Keeper of the Seventh Keys Part II: playing ELITE on the Amiga 1988.
The Sisters of Mercy: hmm... lots of red wine :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instant nepotism.

------------------------------------

Balkan/Greece CM game? Of course I'll say hi to Milan for you.:)

:)

Did you like Season 4? For me was a lot of misses and not many hits.

I binge watched Season 4 as soon as it came out.  I know some found it flat at times, but I pretty much loved it.  For me it still had the same magic and inside jokes that reward fans.  The Google car thing was hilarious, especially because Google denied them the rights to use the Google name and logo.

Laibach - Let It Be will be my soundtrack for Bulge! That album brings me back to Christmas 89 or 90, listened a lot to it back then, so it would fit nicely as the unofficial soundtrack for Bulge if released around Christmas! :)

Small world.  I got Let it Be a few days before Christmas and was listening to it on headphones while wrapping presents for my family.  And then I probably switched to Peanuts Christmas CD just to round out the experience :D

Steve

Deal!  But only if we can do it overlooking Bled. Or perhaps on the island of no vowels (as I call Krk) if it's closer for you.  I'm flexible.

Even more south, closer to the last battlefronts, but I think You will agree that anything near Adriatic sea is perfectly fine (Bled included).

Until chatting I was thinking about preparing CM Balkan/Greece initial design documents but stopped after finding 3 basic flaws:

- Milan’s voice.

- Not much armour battles in the theatre.

- Will have it’s followers but not commercially feasible (small core market with not good records regarding piracy) :D

Even further off-off topic... many years ago I wanted to get some more music of Industbag (LONG before iTunes).  A Slovene customer of ours got the number of the lead singer from someone he knew, called him, and the guy sent him a couple of CDs to send to me.  Now that I live in a place that's very similar to Slovenia's size and population, I understand how that works.

Indus bag???

Things are even worse at the BFC headquarter than I thought.

Must go off topic again cause I have just been listening radio show about Helsinki Conference that begins with the story about The Plastic People of the Universe, forming of the Charter 77 and how they used Helsinki Accord to defend band members human rights. The most upside down part is that the Helsinki Accord agreement was in the beginning Molotov idea. It is sometimes hard to explain and forgotten what “rock music” meant in Eastern/ Southeastern Europe in that times.

And on one another thread I was complaining about politicisation of the forum :lol:.

Btw There is a music topic http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120791-music/?page=1

And it would be better if someone here knows Justin Bieber. Who knows? Maybe he is secret CM fan. Only one CM Bulge T-shirt and...

On topic. Actually off topic for most of the players :) but I'm interested will there be a snow shader updates in the Bulge?

Edited by BarbaricCo

I binge watched Season 4 as soon as it came out.  I know some found it flat at times, but I pretty much loved it.  For me it still had the same magic and inside jokes that reward fans.  The Google car thing was hilarious, especially because Google denied them the rights to use the Google name and logo.

Muchael driving a Google Streetview car was truly hilarious :) that I agree with.

Even more south, closer to the last battlefronts, but I think You will agree that anything near Adriatic sea is perfectly fine (Bled included).

OK, how about Bol or Korčula?  I'd love to go back there.  Of course I could also suggest Dubrovnik, but that's kinda an obvious (though awesome) pick.

Until chatting I was thinking about preparing CM Balkan/Greece initial design documents but stopped after finding 3 basic flaws:

- Milan’s voice.

- Not much armour battles in the theatre.

- Will have it’s followers but not commercially feasible (small core market with not good records regarding piracy) :D

Yup, besides Crete there's not much in the Balkan/Greek area to get more than a few gamers excited.  With all the other stuff we can do, this theater is unlikely to happen.

Indus bag???

Things are even worse at the BFC headquarter than I thought.

Good thing I didn't mention my Borghesia "fetish" :D

Must go off topic again cause I have just been listening radio show about Helsinki Conference that begins with the story about The Plastic People of the Universe, forming of the Charter 77 and how they used Helsinki Accord to defend band members human rights. The most upside down part is that the Helsinki Accord agreement was in the beginning Molotov idea. It is sometimes hard to explain and forgotten what “rock music” meant in Eastern/ Southeastern Europe in that times.

I was taken to an illegal dance club in Ljubljana in 1990.  It was a lot of fun and it showed me how similar east and west is.  Specifically, men look absolutely silly trying to dance to impress women.  Women on the other hand are cruel for allowing men to think it helps them get women :D

Btw There is a music topic http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120791-music/?page=1

And it would be better if someone here knows Justin Bieber. Who knows? Maybe he is secret CM fan. Only one CM Bulge T-shirt and...

The Bieb will likely soon be spending a lot of time in jail, rehab, or both.  Maybe he'll get bored and try CM?

On topic. Actually off topic for most of the players :) but I'm interested will there be a snow shader updates in the Bulge?

Changes have been made to snow, but now I forget if we tweaked the shader specifically.  I can say that snow now has 3D depth to it when appropriate.

Steve

I was taken to an illegal dance club in Ljubljana in 1990.  It was a lot of fun and it showed me how similar east and west is.  Specifically, men look absolutely silly trying to dance to impress women.  Women on the other hand are cruel for allowing men to think it helps them get women :D

Was it K4 club or FV club?

On topic: I'm glad to hear that snow now has 3D depth..

Was it K4 club or FV club?

No idea :)  It was in a basement, that's all I remember.  I also went to Club Jaz, IIRC.  I have a beer coaster from there somewhere in my collection of souvenirs.

On topic: I'm glad to hear that snow now has 3D depth..

We did not make many changes to the engine for the Bulge game, but we did make a few changes to have better looking snow conditions.

Steve

No idea :)  It was in a basement, that's all I remember.  I also went to Club Jaz, IIRC.  I have a beer coaster from there somewhere in my collection of souvenirs.

We did not make many changes to the engine for the Bulge game, but we did make a few changes to have better looking snow conditions.

Steve

What kind of gameplay improvements or additions can we look forward to, or does that fall under "engine changes"?

You young whippersnappers gotta be joking.  You have the Bulge music all wrong!

As a preteen in the mid '60s, this from the execution scene in the movie "The Victors" made a big impression (although I believe the movie actually had a male singer's version):

And from talking to Bulge veterans from my home town, including one 101st trooper at Bastogne (and former boss), this one:

HEY YOU KIDS, GET OFF MY LAWN!!

OK, how about Bol or Korčula?  I'd love to go back there.  Of course I could also suggest Dubrovnik, but that's kinda an obvious (though awesome) pick.

You seem to know this region so well that you will even better chose good “Pivnica” :) 

Yup, besides Crete there's not much in the Balkan/Greek area to get more than a few gamers excited.  With all the other stuff we can do, this theater is unlikely to happen.

Yes. There is more than enough large battles in the Eastern front that CM even with current engine can last until the BFC crew retirement.

While on topic, I brainstormed niche of the niche, CMWW (Woman's Wars)? :D

You young whippersnappers gotta be joking.  You have the Bulge music all wrong!

Yup! My mother music choice and as always there are problem with those youngsters. But we all must grow up and for Christmas with family Brian Setzer Orchestra will do a perfect job. 

And to topic.

I saw in Chris Bulge teaser that snow is falling just fine, but environment seems to be rudimentary especially as there is no CM trademarked rich summer foliage.

Having Your own game engine is probably sometimes a headache but it’s also a big part of the CM magic. So regarding the time/ resources available and that we can’t have Unreal engine graphic and probably doesn’t need one, for middle terms I have few technical suggestions, if it's possible:

- To leave at least one more picture shader call open so we can add antialiasing over War movie shaders. Maybe If it’s possible to loading them only if they exist in “z” folder or leave them with no calculations. This way BFC will not upset older customers with older machines. I see what they are listening - can’t imagine trying to sell them new CM where the largest news would be “physically based MG shading” and “dynamicaly tessellated snow King Tiger” :).

- Leave options for terrain normal maps (devoted community can do the job).

- Maybe add specular maps or some other improvement as a option for vehicles (again community can play with mods and basic CM will not have problems).

- Leave option for larger mini ground textures (newer machines will not have problems with this).

- Gave us one more picture effect shader (or few more uniforms/ functions) so community can try even more fancy stuff.

What can we do? World is changing and is changing fast. Again, those are only suggestion and this doesn’t matter much for people who will play CM anyway, but keep in mind that prices of pivo here are not as they were 25 years ago, so BFC must attract as much new customers as it can until summer comes ;).

- To leave at least one more picture shader call open so we can add antialiasing over War movie shaders. Maybe If it’s possible to loading them only if they exist in “z” folder or leave them with no calculations. This way BFC will not upset older customers with older machines. I see what they are listening - can’t imagine trying to sell them new CM where the largest news would be “physically based MG shading” and “dynamicaly tessellated snow King Tiger” :).

- Leave options for terrain normal maps (devoted community can do the job).

- Maybe add specular maps or some other improvement as a option for vehicles (again community can play with mods and basic CM will not have problems).

- Leave option for larger mini ground textures (newer machines will not have problems with this).

- Gave us one more picture effect shader (or few more uniforms/ functions) so community can try even more fancy stuff.

Some unusual and sensible suggestions there.  

I do not know when CM Bulge will release but I am taking pre-orders for my CMRT Winter Mod! :D

Winter%20Mod_zpsyjzsnyqs.png

I aint no MikeyD or Aris or umlaut so it is going slow but here is what I have so far for the Ost Front....I will do a few allied vehicles and a few axis vehicles and some guns. So far I have ported over the terrain, greatcoats, gloves and white helmets. All unofficial and non-endorsed. An appetizer as we await the real deal from the pro's sometime down the line....2017?

Anybody that wants to contribute, please PM me.